It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Has Become My News Aggregator - Does That Make Me Crazy? Sometimes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I am sure that I am not alone in this realization. I spend a lot of time scouring the news services and aggregators in an attempt to keep myself up to date. I have a variety of sources which I regularly browse from many different perspectives and yet, I rarely find something that isn't already here.

Additionally, I frequently find things on here that I would not have come across during my treks outside the confines of this discombobulated forum.

Of course, I do find many ideas missing which I am happy to inject into the discussion. Most responses are predictable but, an increasing amount of feedback is both useful and revealing.

So, please do share your own experiences and feel free to say "duh, I was here first, dummy" as that is entirely true... dummy.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

The news services are a favorite of mine as well but quite lacking in one serious area. Drudgereport and the likes never have current information on any of the following:

Alien vessels and possible invasions
    Secret society's (except Bilderberg)
    Cryptoids (whatever they are)
    Reptiods and Grays

Also they will never talk about the governments roll in 9/11. That one bothers me more than the others.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Bassago

The news services are a favorite of mine as well but quite lacking in one serious area. Drudgereport and the likes never have current information on any of the following:

Alien vessels and possible invasions
    Secret society's (except Bilderberg)
    Cryptoids (whatever they are)
    Reptiods and Grays

Also they will never talk about the governments roll in 9/11. That one bothers me more than the others.

My thoughts exactly! The spiritual discussions are also very enlightening (no pun intended) though, I rarely chime into them either.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
ATS has also become a major source of news for me as well, many stories are linked here, and quite frankly, it saves time.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

See I try to deny ignorance but I'm just not that smart on things. Sure I can read and study...but I'll forget it. I have a bad memory from a brain injury.

I get my news from ATS. And what's funny to me or maybe it's a bit maddening..is that my hubby will send me links to articles through email..and I've already read about it on ATS!!!!!

Sometimes I read natural news before I come to ATS, just cause I get their emails...but I can't take everything he says as fact sometimes.

Anyway...I actually stumbled into the religious threads today about alcohol. I normally just stay away from debating about being a Christian cause I'm not knowledgeable enough. I just know in my heart what I believe.

Peace and love to you
-nat the blue eyed cat-

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Same here although I go to other sources everyday also. Most of what I see elsewhere is also here. Fox news is sometimes fun/infuriating just to see how the other half thinks, and Chris Hayes at MSNBC is a joy, as is Lip TV (Jesse Ventura's son) and 'Breaking the Set' with Abby ...somebody. Good stuff you won't see elsewhere including here.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Eh, I don't think you're crazy for using ATS as a news aggregator. I'll check in on a variety of news sites to see what's going on/what is being talked about but i'll also use ATS as an aggregator because the users here tend to uncover some of the most interesting stories. I just make sure to fact check the heck out of those stories to make sure that they have some validity. If one comes to ATS without a critical eye and accepting everything here as being truth, then that'd probably be a wee bit crazy. Regarding everything critically? Not crazy but I could be biased.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
ATS has become a place where I find the news discussions and different opinions. Also,I have learned so many things from being on here that I would not normally even think about. This is an awesome place to hang out and read! I would like to "Thank You" guys for giving me the insight and opening my mind. You guys are all awesome even though you do argue and bicker from time to time!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

Eh, I don't think you're crazy for using ATS as a news aggregator. I'll check in on a variety of news sites to see what's going on/what is being talked about but i'll also use ATS as an aggregator because the users here tend to uncover some of the most interesting stories. I just make sure to fact check the heck out of those stories to make sure that they have some validity. If one comes to ATS without a critical eye and accepting everything here as being truth, then that'd probably be a wee bit crazy. Regarding everything critically? Not crazy but I could be biased.

Thankfully, I already had more than enough dubiosity whence I came!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I have always appreciated the opportunity that ATS presents me with, to examine the various news networks whose output is linked to here.

The site is unique in my experience, in that it is a place where all the different regional slants and spins placed upon a given story, can be examined in one place. Add to that, the commentary of my esteemed fellow members, and the news comes to life here in a way that I have never encountered anywhere else on the internet, and by God did I look hard before finding this place.

It is a resource, a data stack, a clubhouse, and a sanctuary, and I love it. And I love all of you, my fellow members, since it is through each of us that news reaches these boards, and through all the sharing that happens here, between us, that what I consider to be a globally aware understanding of events has become my normal mode of thought.

It is all to easy, after all, for any one of us to concentrate too firmly upon our own national slant on any one given news item, be it a discovery in the sciences, or a political intrigue. I value greatly, the ability this site gives me, to view the events which occur on this crazy world, full of crazy people, through the wider lens that I have developed since joining here.

Does that make me, you, or anyone else on this site crazy? Perhaps so, but consider this if you will...

Insanity is the only logical response to a world gone mad.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

RunForTheHills
ATS has become a place where I find the news discussions and different opinions. Also,I have learned so many things from being on here that I would not normally even think about. This is an awesome place to hang out and read! I would like to "Thank You" guys for giving me the insight and opening my mind. You guys are all awesome even though you do argue and bicker from time to time!

Me too, sometimes I can't keep my mouth shut so there is plenty of room for improvement on my part.

Feel free to open the window and tell the barbarians to keep it down.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I too check ATS daily. During times of real crisis, like when the US was about to attack Syria, it has more real news focused here through links than the majority of other sites I go to.

I check in this order Drudge, Fox, WND, The Blaze, The Telegraph (UK) and then ATS, next I love C2C coast to Coast, the Stir for a dose of liberal logic (illogic?), and finally BIN knowing most of it is trash but it is sometimes a fun/funny read.

I know people will make fun of me for my choices, however, I get a good dose of MSM slant from my family.

LOVE ATS!

I am even the "sworn enemy" of one lady for my views. Guess that makes me special.

So, if you think I'm crazy, so be it, nothing anyone says here will change my mind about what I like to read for news.

P.S. I'm a retired college professor, so I should be uber liberal, what a joke, huh!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

grandmakdw
I too check ATS daily. During times of real crisis, like when the US was about to attack Syria, it has more real news focused here through links than the majority of other sites I go to.

I check in this order Drudge, Fox, WND, The Blaze, The Telegraph (UK) and then ATS, next I love C2C coast to Coast, the Stir for a dose of liberal logic (illogic?), and finally BIN knowing most of it is trash but it is sometimes a fun/funny read.

I know people will make fun of me for my choices, however, I get a good dose of MSM slant from my family.

LOVE ATS!

I am even the "sworn enemy" of one lady for my views. Guess that makes me special.

So, if you think I'm crazy, so be it, nothing anyone says here will change my mind about what I like to read for news.

P.S. I'm a retired college professor, so I should be uber liberal, what a joke, huh!

I am definitely finding it much easier to stay on top of the shutdown and ACA developments here right now.

And I can simultaneously find out about the many hidden truths of the universe, who'd a thunk it?

join