It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome Earth From Above (37 wide pics)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hi peeps...

I have just stumbled across these beautiful pictures...! Earth is way cool.. I have done a search but no results. And I think this may be an article from last year. But I have never seen these images before so I hope you enjoy them as much I am..! (Apologies if already posted).

Below are some of my favourite pics but there are so many awesome images to choose from. As I think it might be a bit much if I put them all in here. You can view the rest on the link. Well worth a gaze...

seriouslyforreal.com...

Earth as seen from the ISS: A ‘Green Sea’ of Aurora Borealis (NASA, International Space Station, 01-25-12). Photo #3 by NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center

Moon Over Earth as seen from ISS. Photo #36 by NASA

The Alps form a great crescent-shaped ridge extending from the Mediterranean to Austria. Photo #27 by NASA image courtesy of GSFC/METI/ERSDAC/JAROS, and the U.S./Japan ASTER Science Team

Titled “Land of Terror, Sahara, Algeria“: The image shows the extraordinary landscape of the Tanezrouft Basin, one of the most desolate parts of the Sahara desert, in south-central Algeria. The region is known as land of terrorâ because of its lack of water and vegetation. Photo #18 by JAXA, ESA

Holbox Island, Yucatan “One of the world’s most important ecosystems, Holbox and its surrounding waters are part of the Yum Balam Biosphere Reserve. Its unspoiled beaches of fine white coralline sands are important for turtle nesting, and over 500 bird species can be found here. Caboe Catoche, the cape at the eastern tip of the island (right), is where the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea meet. Their mingling waters create a kaleidoscope of turquoise and emerald hues.” Photo #16 by KARI, ESA

Banks Peninsula, New Zealand — a country offering snow-capped Alps and subtropics. Photo #7 by European Space Agency

Comet Lovejoy Fading (NASA, International Space Station, 12/27/11). Photo #30 by NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center

ESA’s micro-satellite Proba observes the active Bromo volcano, a popular tourist attraction of East Java in Indonesia. Photo #12 by © SSTL through ESA

Earth Observatory: “From its vantage 824 kilometers (512 miles) above Earth, the Visible Infrared Imager Radiometer Suite (VIIRS) on the NPOESS Preparatory Project (NPP) satellite gets a complete view of our planet every day. This image from November 24, 2011, is the first complete global image from VIIRS.” Photo #22 by NASA’s NPP Land Product Evaluation and Testing Element

Nebraska: “This 1-meter IKONOS satellite image depicts a crop field at Offutt Air Force Base in which the words ‘Thank You! For Freedom!’ are visible all the way from space.” Photo #33 by © GeoEye

Last two.....!

The Moon and Earth from the ISS with love (NASA, International Space Station, 01/08/12). Photo #8 by NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center

From the ISS: Aurora Australis Over New Zealand, Tasman Sea (NASA, International Space Station, 09/17/11). Photo #24 by NASA

seriouslyforreal.com...

Please visit the link to view all the beautiful images of our beloved Earth...

Peace
Fluff

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
*sheds a manly tear*

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
God damn those pics are so sweet to look at... Imagine being one of the few who've seen Earth from those heights, just amazing...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Lol...! Tis ok I am still slightly awestruck from the images myself...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Yep one can only imagine.. I go there in my dreams sometimes. But to see images like this for real... Would be so amazing I would be left speechless for quite a while...!

O.o

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

sweet!!!!!! love these pictures!!!!!
nice change of pace from the doom and gloom!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

Methinks all those exclamation marks means you have definitely enjoyed them as much as me..! Yaay

I do prefer bringing good news or stories to ATS. However that has today been counter-balanced by another thread I have just put up. Which is on the majorly sombre side...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
those are amazing pictures i wish i could be in space looking down at this world im not sure if it would be as amazing right now with as ugly as things are but i love the pictures any ways thank you for sharing

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyLurker

It is funny really you cannot have the good without the bad. It is all a balance of two opposites.. If there was only ever good in the world. Would we really know what good was..? We could not appreciate the good without the bad and vice versa... The balance has tipped and we need to try to be at harmony with everything again. To me it is a mystery. Life really is so bitter sweet...

Anyways back on topic. Thank you Lady Lurker.. I am happy you like them too..! I really like the Aurora Borealis pictures and the Moon pictures. Maybe one day we might be lucky enough to see views like these...

edit on 3-10-2013 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Truly amazing... What a beautiful jewel of a planet we live on.. Let's pray that we can maintain that, so our children's ,children can enjoy the same beauties that we take for granted..

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

thats very true it was more a thought for my situation i guess i appolagize for that

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyLurker

Tis ok.. No need for an apology...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

That sudden, indescribable sensation that overwhelms you when you realize that you're living this transient existence on a little greenish-blue speck in the immense vastness of the cosmos.

I hope I'm not the only one that feels this lol.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Beautiful pictures fluff, thank you for sharing.

Did you know Earth is an anagram for 'Heart'? Obviously those who construct languages like to play around with words!

I created a thread last month about Earth as a conscious being, and our connection from the micro to the macro cosm. Didn't get much attention.. But I think some people around here might enjoy it

Universal Experience; micro - macro

Thanks again fluff

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

Lol yep I knew that.. This is a favourite of mine.

Earth without 'Art' is just 'Eh'...! Ty for the link..

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Nacirema

You are not alone in that feeling....!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Earth - what a beautiful place, I want to go there

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Wow, just amazing. Beautiful images.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
There is no way you could be an astronaut who has been to space and still be small minded and petty.

I can only imagine the mind blowing thoughts and ideas that would come to you as a result of these views.

Amazing doesnt even begin to cover it. I think all the Bigoted and narrow minded people in the world should be shot into orbit for a week and then see if they dont change their minds on the insignificance of their hate and fear.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
These are amazing! We really do live on a beautiful planet. I wish more people would take the time to just stop and look at all the beauty that surrounds us every day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join