It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low humming noise coming from the sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
So fairly recently I've noticed a low "hum" like noise emanating from the sky. It effects electronics (which seem to resonate, lights flicker, etc.) and the other people in the house seem to hear it.

This "Hum" starts at around midnight and lasts until morning.

I'm pretty dang sure it is flying; I've generally got a helicopter circling me every half-hour throughout the day and this "hum" seems to follow a similar pattern (except it hovers more often).

Any ideas as to what it is? And please don't say it is the yeti tribes warring with Valhalla...

What do drones sound like? It doesn't make much sense for this... thing... to be circling so regularly; it doesn't land for refueling so far as I can tell and it certainly isn't traffic.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Well this is scary. We've been hearing the same thing for the last two nights.
We're in AZ and the occurrence starts at about 10PM and ends around 4:20

Maybe the wave from the sun's pole reset is creating a static 'boom?'

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The Northern lights can make strange noises, they have been pretty riled up the last two nights from a filament eruption. I don't know if that is what you are hearing though. I've heard them hiss but see that some people say they sort of hum also.

This is just a guess of a possible explanation. It can interfere slightly with electronics.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

Since this happens quite a bit can you grab your cell phone, video camera, or anything similar and get video so we can experience it too...(?)

I think we would have a better chance in identifying or not...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

Me and my husband live in oklahoma and we hear the same thing plus ringing in the ears and crazy dreams electrical flickers priblems with our internet plus more thise r just some of the things going on here also planes flying low buzzing our home day and night

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyLurker

I am in Oklahoma as well and have been hearing it. I am in the eastern part of the state and in April, I heard it like never before. The noise started off sounding like a large jet flying towards my home from out of the east. But as it approached, I noticed that it was lasting a very long time. It ended up "hovering" over my house for about 10 minutes and was deafening loud. I was trying to figure out what in the world it could be, and by the time I decided to grab my camera, the sound had diminished considerably and was rolling off to the west. Here is the video of the last 30 seconds or so that I caught.

You can clearing hear it "shutting off" in the last few seconds. About 11 days later, I heard it again, but it was further off to the south and not directly overhead. I filmed it too, but it isn't as easily heard as the first one. There was a guy in McAlister, a town about 45 miles south west of me, that videoed the same sound at it's peak about a year before I caught this one. It is definitely worth a listen because it shows what exactly this sounds like when it is directly overhead. It is so loud that you think a jet is literally landing on your home.

NOTE: You probably want to turn the sound down on you computer before playing this one!

I also wanted to mention that I am in an extremely remote location. The nearest town is 20 miles away and has one stop sign. The closest town with a stop light is about 40 miles. This sound was definitely coming from the sky and wasn't any kind of ground based machinery.

Is this anything like what any of you have been hearing?

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
You had me until "helicopters".

I do often, almost nightly, hear a low, indistinguishable hum or droning noise. I've gone outside and it's impossible to tell which direction it comes from, it's just all over.

In fact, the other night I was equally stunned because I didn't hear it at all...the silence was so rare and creepy.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I read something last year after these noises were heard around the world and it explained that the noise heard was our magnetic shield breaking when it's hit by a powerful CME. With the recent huge CME that hit earth on 10/1 and 10/2, I believe that could be the cause.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I hear the low hum too at night starting around the times you state . There seems to be a pressure in the ears attached to it . Kinda pulsates too . Since many hear it at night , could it be the magnetosphere ?
I want t know whats up with annoying small aircraft always flying around the place and buzzing homes . too .

I thought maybe they were the frackers flying low in rural areas using their equipment . As for annoying drones . . They are ruining lifestyle for everyone . Privacy should be respected , yet we have those who glorify the action of being a peeping TOM .
The internet has made me realize how utterly disgusting many classes of humans are . Sleazy , degraded , uncouth and murders, as a glorification point .

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

OkieDokie
reply to post by LadyLurker

I am in Oklahoma as well and have been hearing it. I am in the eastern part of the state and in April, I heard it like never before. The noise started off sounding like a large jet flying towards my home from out of the east. But as it approached, I noticed that it was lasting a very long time. It ended up "hovering" over my house for about 10 minutes and was deafening loud. I was trying to figure out what in the world it could be, and by the time I decided to grab my camera, the sound had diminished considerably and was rolling off to the west. Here is the video of the last 30 seconds or so that I caught.

You can clearing hear it "shutting off" in the last few seconds. About 11 days later, I heard it again, but it was further off to the south and not directly overhead. I filmed it too, but it isn't as easily heard as the first one. There was a guy in McAlister, a town about 45 miles south west of me, that videoed the same sound at it's peak about a year before I caught this one. It is definitely worth a listen because it shows what exactly this sounds like when it is directly overhead. It is so loud that you think a jet is literally landing on your home.

NOTE: You probably want to turn the sound down on you computer before playing this one!

I also wanted to mention that I am in an extremely remote location. The nearest town is 20 miles away and has one stop sign. The closest town with a stop light is about 40 miles. This sound was definitely coming from the sky and wasn't any kind of ground based machinery.

Is this anything like what any of you have been hearing?

~OkieDokie

yes it sounds a lot like what we hear it is more loudest at night so there is no way to see this of course some times it sounds right over our heads sometimes it off in a distance. we also experience weird moods and high pitch sounds in our ears after this noise

new topics

top topics

join