It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWII VETS storms closed DC Memorial, Obama administration threatens with arrestorders

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Many of these "idiots" you claim them to be died for you to have a free country. You on the other hand contributed in a way, a NWO puppet like Obama take the white house. A white house that now resist these true war heroes entrance to something hey have travelled far to visit before they die.

You should be f..ing ashamed of yourself.

Actually, if they died in service, then they aren't in DC making fools of themselves right now.

If they can't comprehend why the memorials and monuments need to be closed during a shut down, then I stand by my statement...they are idiots.

Being in the military doesn't automatically gain you respect, if you act like an idiot, no matter what you did in the past...I will call you an idiot.

I honestly hope these memorials turn into huge trash heaps in a few days and then maybe they will realize how stupid they are being.

link   

Maybe you should have read a little further.

The Obama administration has said it will not negotiate over the debt ceiling, arguing Congress needs to act because the issue isn’t whether to approve new spending but whether the government should pay the bills it has already racked up.

The Republicans are refusing to pay the bills this country has already racked up. Not surprising from a party that started two wars and an unpaid prescription program on a credit card.

link   
reply to post by buster2010

no, not misleading...as usual per the right-wing media, it's a lie....I call it what it is...by the way, why isn't nothing said about Michele bachman having her picture taken, (while smiling like she just had sex with her husbands boyfriend), with the vets after she voted to shut down the memorial in that article???.... what a piece of crap she is.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

buster2010

Maybe you should have read a little further.

The Obama administration has said it will not negotiate over the debt ceiling, arguing Congress needs to act because the issue isn’t whether to approve new spending but whether the government should pay the bills it has already racked up.

The Republicans are refusing to pay the bills this country has already racked up. Not surprising from a party that started two wars and an unpaid prescription program on a credit card.

I see the Rapid Response team of Obamabots invading my thread in usual order.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

jimmyx
reply to post by buster2010

no, not misleading...as usual per the right-wing media, it's a lie....I call it what it is...by the way, why isn't nothing said about Michele bachman having her picture taken, (while smiling like she just had sex with her husbands boyfriend), with the vets after she voted to shut down the memorial in that article???.... what a piece of crap she is.

Because her constituents are too dumb to realize that she is protesting something that she caused.

And she knows her constituents are too dumb to realize this, hence the picture.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

This is an EPIC post/thread.

second line.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If the government wants to block something to save dollars, how about blocking the Texas-to-California border with Mexico.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I don't think our President has the life experience, literally, to even begin to fathom the level of offense, deep deep hard feelings and outright contempt he is creating for himself by these specific actions against THIS group of Americans.

You mean the GOP in Congress? Without funding Government is legally required to shut-down monuments.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

johncarterI see the Rapid Response team of Obamabots invading my thread in usual order.

Yea... they usually show up right on the heels of the Republiwhores.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Nyiah
I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but oh well.
The parks are closed, people. Just because you had a career choice or service period in the military doesn't necessarily give you any special entitlements to park entry more so than anyone else when the doors are shuttered (so to speak) The country is in fiscal shambles. They were closed because of that. If a regular Joe or Josephine can't get in when a park is shut down, no one else deserves special treatment during that downtime. If the vets can get in when it's closed up, then rightfully, so should everyone else. Otherwise, it simply isn't fair to show preference, special treatment or entitlement like that. Everyone else has to deal with "Sorry, we're closed." I understand these are very old folks with not a lot of time left, but age doesn't justify defying the closures out of smugness.

Seriously? Okay, I'm not a flamer...just going to point out the obvious:

This is not about WWII vets CAREER choices. We are talking about a monument....to THEM. For those vets and their friends that DIED for OUR freedom. They aren't wanting to go for a walk in a national park, they are wanting to visit something that was established for THEM. "Fair to show preference, special treatment or entitlement" Oh my gosh. How old are you?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

jtma508
reply to post by roadgravel

I'll make a leap --- outright lie. Park Police are ordered to shutdown federal parks. People show up. Park Police attempt to do their jobs. No WH orders. If people REALLY believe that a politician would do something THAT stupid then they, too, should seriously consider becoming a politician. It's a crock. I'll place money on it.

link

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

i am not implying the place is supposed to be closed. You said Obama ordered the vets arrested.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Actually, the OP title says that the Obama Administration did. If you care to read the multiple arcticles regarding the situation, then I don't see how you can call the OP a liar.

Face it...Obama is a turd. (and I appreciate the fact that I still live in a free country where I can say that.
)
edit on 2-10-2013 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2013 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Where is any material backing up the WH statement about arrests are to be made. It's BS. Carry on...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

johncarter
Just in; Oh its happening. On a direct order from the White House, to arrest any trespassing WW2 Veterans, this happened;

How do you know these arrest orders are on a direct order from the White House?

Where are the arrests?

johncarter

Other sites reported many Obama national park thug troopers arriving to the monument to stop or even arrest those breaking through the barrier during the Gov shutdown.

What other sites? Links please?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

This isn't a time for the partisan nonsense, of all times. John Boehner has been as partisan as a toad. Harry Reid has been as partisan as a toad. Obama has sat back and watched...confident, it seems, that the herd of cats on Capital Hill couldn't agree on the weather to save their own lives.

I'm failing to see the partisan origin here, just the partisan game playing now that we're in the middle of it. Prior to this? Harry was as firm about NO NO NO NO NO to every spending bill offered. That included a 99-0 defeat of the last attempt on this.

Obama budget defeated 99-0 in Senate

Now that may be a story from last year, but we're talking about the same people. Same names. Same positions held for power. Same game.

It's ironic, but technically speaking in the strictest sense? Obama is the only one here who *DID* fulfill his Constitutional legal requirements for the budget building process. I think he did it knowing it would change little or nothing in end result, but I still have to admit he's alone for that. Whatever the motives for doing it right.

That's technical of course. I think we all know he doesn't just throw in his budget, as required, then call back to check on them, the day it needs passed. Still..... It's an "All hands on deck" kinda of disaster here. No one party could manage it in isolation, and that's a fact.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
WW2 vets will have their opportunity to see a memorial in there honor, that they donated too.
They have earned there RIGHT and nothing is going to keep them from going to see it.
WHEN SOME OF YOU NAY SAYERS ARE RUNNING UP A BEACH, BULLETS FLYING PAST YOU, YOUR ENTIRE SQUAD TURNED INTO GROUND MEAT, YOUR FRIENDS IN PIECES AND FIGHTING FOR YOUR VERY LIFE AGAINST AN ENEMY BENT ON DESTROYING YOU, YOU HAD BETTER BE DAMNED RIGHT I'LL STORM THAT BARRICADE.
Again, They have earned their right, I'm military, but I have not earned my keep, not in the sacrifice these veterans have made.
I support these veterans and their actions. If I was there, I would be more than happy to lead the march..one last time.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Arnie123
WW2 vets will have their opportunity to see a memorial in there honor, that they donated too.
They have earned there RIGHT and nothing is going to keep them from going to see it.
WHEN SOME OF YOU NAY SAYERS ARE RUNNING UP A BEACH, BULLETS FLYING PAST YOU, YOUR ENTIRE SQUAD TURNED INTO GROUND MEAT, YOUR FRIENDS IN PIECES AND FIGHTING FOR YOUR VERY LIFE AGAINST AN ENEMY BENT ON DESTROYING YOU, YOU HAD BETTER BE DAMNED RIGHT I'LL STORM THAT BARRICADE.
Again, They have earned their right, I'm military, but I have not earned my keep, not in the sacrifice these veterans have made.
I support these veterans and their actions. If I was there, I would be more than happy to lead the march..one last time.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Indigo5

Wrabbit2000
I don't think our President has the life experience, literally, to even begin to fathom the level of offense, deep deep hard feelings and outright contempt he is creating for himself by these specific actions against THIS group of Americans.

You mean the GOP in Congress? Without funding Government is legally required to shut-down monuments.

Oh, the attack on the Vets is nothing. Our Dear Leader is shooting his tommygun in all directions now.

These are the latest targets in his sights;

He knows the response from the republicans will be no, and thus he will switch to plan B which is the full Monty and take over of the country under his ruling.

What we see here (after the october 17) is an impending market crash with the Dow going down at least 20-40% (the brakes included) and after that a national Martial Law declared from the white house, with mass arrests by Home Land Security of certain 'traitors' to the nation.

Mark my words. This is just the beginning. The big boys have decided to go 'all in' in this game, and nothing is left to chance.

Even the Obamabots on ATS will turn on their Obama propaganda on full volume to divert your attention from what really is taking place. You just watch.

In all this turmoil now slowly emerging from the WH I wonder, is Michelle Obama aware of all this and is she supporting it? What are your thoughts?
edit on 2-10-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The Budget you cited was not a budget...it was a stunt. The President Proposes a budget and congress can take or leave what they like and build legislation around it.

What the GOP did in this instance...for the first time in history BTW..was take the "proposal", slap a header on it and bring it to floor as if it was a "Bill"...The PRESIDENT DOESN'T WRITE LEGISLATION..CONGRESS DOES... of course it lacked all the technical language to become law..it was a proposal...Then the GOP waived it about saying see? not even the Democrats will vote for the Presidents budget.

Just effen juvenile incompetence...I can't believe you cited that hoax to make a point.

I am beginning to believe the GOP survives on the ignorance of basic civics in this country...

Our house of representatives seem utterly confused about basic civics..it is frightening...

The Presidents Proposal WAS NOT A BILL...ACA IS THE LAW. Democratically passed by both houses, signed by the President and even upheld by the SCOTUS...and reaffirmed via TWO Presidential elections!

edit on 2-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join