It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RE: Tattoos on Women

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I just visited THIS thread. Of a member who disagrees with tattoos on women, but wants to find a mate, something like that. .

After reading most pages, and many posts, it was clear how sensitive the topic was, about women and their freedom of expression via tattoos, and the OP's opinion on them. A lot of female members (tattoos or not) responded emotionally or defensive, because the way the author came off. (I read the OP, and understand why any female would feel that way!)

I am making this reply thread, to the other thread, because of sensitivity and mis understanding of woman.
The OP of the other thread clearly wasnt good at wording things, and his view on the subject at hand. This thread is for the women with the tattoos, or even those thinking about getting one in the (near) future.

Ladies; your expression means the world to me as a man. Showing your inner colours and reflections is very important, for a simple art on your body, can give hints of your personality and true colors.

No doubt it is; your body, your life, is your choice to make of both. And in that aspect, I believe the author of the other thread was wrong, and missing the point that his opinion on how women show themselves means nothing.

But it is important to remember your body is biological, and not a canvas to paint. Wether you are an artistic person or not, whatever your reasons for inking up your body (and we are talking about those who get tatts all over) is, you should value your naturual - inner and biological - beauty and sexiness as a woman.

I believe the message in the other thread was; to many tattoos or large tattoos, can hinder your biological beauty and natural curves as a woman. The pictures and illustrations of artificial ink, can take from your natural beautiful face, or body. So why one would not like tattoos on a woman is understandable to me as a man.

The point of the message is not about the amount of tattoos or your free choice to express yourself - the point is that you as a woman, are beautiful the way you are, and nothing needs to change that. Tattoos, clothes, hair colours etc - can change the way people see you, every knows that, its not a personal attack. It all has to do with the signal or image you send out to those who observe you within this Earthly existence. Those observing you the most, would be the opposite gender, as its in our instincts to do so.

A woman reading this with tatts or ink all over; its not that your inner colors or personality is being judged by the tatts or maybe your unique hair - its the signal of the image you send out when your body looks like an art project.
Men and women are not attracted (im talking about REAL attraction, not the mammal instincts of the human body) by ink, clothes, or a unique image. Its your inner-energy that makes the attraction, and the energetic-signals you give off, that make a man look twice or check you out.

As natural human beings, male and female, we receive and transmit signals from; behavior, personality, body language, emotion, inner vibration (feelings), words, facial expressions, and even tattoos, how we wear our hair or what we wear in general. As natural species of Earth, it is intuitive to try and pick up as many signals as we can to understand what we are seeing or experiencing, in this case men on females.

I dont think its about judgement, its about natural attraction as opposing genders of the same species. What you do with your self, your natural body, and how you choose to express your inner self, is your FREE choice, and I have nothing agianst it. I have met women tattood from toe to ear, and they have been very colorful and sweet people. Many of those 'types' of women are very beautiful and sexy. But as one member said in the previous thread - "it depends on the person, and the tattoo".

But before we meet such a person, their visual signal they give off can feel a bit.. "eclectic" I suppose, meaning it can be hard to "read" that person because of all the visual signals a (wo)man can recieve from that individual.

I am a man who understands inner expression, but I also understand the natural signals we receive/transmit as human beings. Understanding both sides, is understanding why some like tattoos, and some dont. Why some like 'unique' hair styles, and some dont.

To bring this to an end - your body is not a canvas, you do not need tatts to "show off", or wear art. Art is meant for a canvas or hung up on a wall, not your biological body.
But you do need to express yourself from your mind and heart, and show your true colors. As I said, it is important to show those colors, to express yourself and show your inner feelings. Because we as men, need to understand you if we are to get close.

But the point is, make sure that is why you get tattood. Not by pressure, trends, or an ego/prideful mentality. Not because it seemed "like a good idea at the time"..

But by showing what you want people to know of yourself, somethign that expresses YOU and who YOU ARE. To me, that is very sexy in a woman, one who feels the need to show their internal self via expression. Nothing is more beautiful and attractive (to me) then a woman who isnt afraid of showing herself.

So I hope I made the message more clear then the last guy lol. If you want a tattoo, DO IT! Just please, make sure it means something special to you, or its an expressing of who you are, because that is what makes you beautiful ladies

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Personally. I'm not a fan.
And while I have seen some nice tatoos that look beautiful.
It's not for me.

But I agree with the OP. If you are going to get a tatoo. Make sure it's something that means a great deal to you.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
My wife is very beautiful. I hate that she had 2 tattoos when I met her. Especially when I told her why.

The 'tramp stamp' or whatever on her lower back, she had no idea she tells me. I say to her that is what hookers get and strippers too. She was angry with me, I didn't care.

And then she got a big one on the back of one of her legs, I HATE IT.. really, getting angry now 5 years later..

I think tattoos make women look trashy, or easy..

but, if you are a Butch type lesbian, GO FOR IT!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I generally dislike the tattoo-concept. I am a straight man, so I would imagine that I might have said something along the lines of "I'd prefer that the women I date do not to have tattoos" at some time or another. But let me be clear, and say, that I think both men and women have equal rights to decorate themselves with what ever they can imagine.

Our appearance is a language. Tattoo can tell you a lot about a person. I once did a study comparing the culture surrounding tattoos to the western societies general perception of scars and found an abundance of similarities. Both often come to represent memories, experience, personality, history and they are also both associated with pain.

People get tattoo for many different reasons, and one cannot group them all together. But there are some patterns and tendency that are worth noticing.

Tattoo are heavily influenced by fashion, and work on association. Which is why they have always been popular with gangs.
People get tattoos to send signals they don't feel they are already sending.
People get tattoos to mimic a life of experience and adventure.

As an artist - painter, graphic designer, photographer - I would also like to mention, that 99% of tattoos I see would look like crap on paper. I am generally not impressed by the standards, and I feel art can be appreciated much better and easier when conveyed in almost any other medium than human skin.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I dissagree. I LOVE women with tats. I prefer a woman with them than without.

I think people are over thinking this way too much and should let each their own do what they want. We're in a world were too many people are too busy sticking their noses up somene elses butt to judge in hopes of making themselves look better than they feel about themselves or how they think other's perceive them.

Let it go already.

Art on skin is just as beautiful as on canvas. I believe, in fact, that art on skin is much better than on canvas. A painted woman is MOST beautiful. It has nothing to do with how they act. It's no different than someone wearing $2000 clothes. It's just $2000 clothes you never have to take off. If it makes you feel good about you, what does it matter what someone else thinks?

It has nothing to do with sexuality. If a person feels less equal, they might get tats. Tats dont equal sexuality. Feeling less attractive might make a person fall into sexual relations easier than someone who feels good about themselves.

Besides, who are you to tell someone how to live? Who are we to tell someone they cant wear makeup if they're feeling down on themselves? Ink is just really long lasting makeup.

get over yourselves already!

You ladies with ink, come to me. I'll treat you like the beautiful woman you are!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Wow.. that last sentence was uncalled for.. Sometimes what your thinking, you dont have to let everyone else know about it.

Just because a woman gets a tattoo on her lower back does not mean shes a tramp. Unless you have an open definition of tramp? Whats a man with a tattoo on his upper back then?

Its posts like that, which is why woman get sensitive and react. Your pure judgmental opinion of their free choice to do and express as they please. Like your wife; she chose to get a tattoo before she even knew you, for her own personal reasons. And you told her that is what strippers do?

Unbelievable..

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

HanzHenry
My wife is very beautiful. I hate that she had 2 tattoos when I met her. Especially when I told her why.

The 'tramp stamp' or whatever on her lower back, she had no idea she tells me. I say to her that is what hookers get and strippers too. She was angry with me, I didn't care.

And then she got a big one on the back of one of her legs, I HATE IT.. really, getting angry now 5 years later..

I think tattoos make women look trashy, or easy..

but, if you are a Butch type lesbian, GO FOR IT!

Awww, such a shame you had to lower your standards and settle for your wife, I say keep looking!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

Girls with tattoos are sexy haha

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I truly enjoy a woman with tattoos. I think they're sexy and very appealing. I don't really know why this is an issue of gender as I am 100% certain there are women who don't prefer men with tattoos either...

The long and short of it is if you don't care for someone's appearance, don't ask them for their number. Get it? Got it? Good!

Women are beautiful in all shapes, sizes, and various states of body modification. There's always "too much" even for men. I've seen some ugly dudes out there all inked up and I'm sure they'd look more dashing without "Eff the Police" permanently written on their foreheads.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 59demon

The OP is a 'RE:' to another thread, if you didnt check out the link to the other thread, then you dont know why I made this about "women".

Its not about gender as in singling out women, its about men who observe women and hold opinions about them because of body modification. The other thread, as I said, got a bit sensitive. More so of the female members who felt possibly judged.

That is why I made this thread, not to make it a gender thing in general. Im sure my opinion on men or women with tattoos should be clear from the OP

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Well said.

I am a woman without tattoos (or piercings for that matter). What used to be a more fringe expression is definitely very mainstream now, so it has been interesting to see that shift in our recent cultural history. I like some tattoos, but to be honest never wanted to "commit" to any image permanently on my body. Plus, what looked good on my body at 19 won't necessarily look the same today at 37. Pregnancies, gravity, etc. (depending on where the tattoo was placed) transform the body and sometimes unexpected ways. Haha!

I'm very satisfied with my body as it is. It does it's job, I try to keep it reasonably healthy, and it's part of me. No need to cover it in ink.

Er...

However, even as I say that I am fully aware that I'm a bit of a hippocrit. Afterall, I do shave my legs (etc) and I do like to wear mascara - although I don't like to wear much more than mascara and lip gloss make-up wise. So I don't want to come across as pious and that I don't 'believe' in altering my natural body - because the shaving and the make-up do that. But... they aren't permanent either.

Well, that's my perspective. It probably didn't make much sense. To each her own. I choose to be tattoo-free. My husband, he seems to have no complaints... and I'm pretty sure that if I wanted to get a tattoo, he'd love me just the same...

edit on 2-10-2013 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I have tattoos and I am a woman. My tattoos are not to garner attention from the opposite sex but rather were done as permanent mementos of times of incredible transformations in my personal growth. I do not care whether or not the OP of the referenced thread is revolted by tattoos on women or not other than he might miss out on the love of his life simply because he has prejudices involving appearance- it is his loss, not mine. What did bother me is that throughout the thread the OP made ignorant assumptions as to what sort of women those with many or large tattoos might be, perpetuating the stereotype that women with tattoos have been fighting for decades. He may as well have suggested women should be barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen in order to not be considered unattractive! Poor wording or poor form, the thread was a "Fail" situation when it comes to denying ignorance!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I've never heard such non-sense!! LMAFO!

I believe the message in the other thread was; to many tattoos or large tattoos, can hinder your biological beauty and natural curves as a woman
and THIS OP endorses that.

The above makes SENSE?

Jesus Christ.

And the other OP was like "Large tattoo's are masculine" - Are they?
And he was like "Women, you do realise you now only have half the chance of finding a mate"

Is that so?
I have Large tattoo's on my perfectly shaped thighs - and it makes men go crazy - even if I do say so my self.
and FYI - it's men who have to compete for mates, not women, fact.

And this, gentlemen, is why (some) women think men are the more primitive species. You all prove it every day.. aha.
edit on 2-10-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

My 2 cents?

Women with tattoos can not turn me on. Sorry it is the biggest turn-off for me. (Yes, it is a sexual thing. I can see the beauty of a drawing, painting and even a tattoo. Easily. Many of them a truely works of art. But stick em on a woman and she is nothing to me, nada.)

You girls want them? Go right ahead, but I am personally not giving you a second look once I notice any sort of tattoo. Same with too much makeup. It is just disgusting to me personally.

Underlining to show the girls here, that my opinion is not every mans opinion.

Women with tattoos disgust me. Literally.

Luckily for me, once I explain that to a woman with tattoos, she is also automaticly disgusted by me. So win win

edit on RAmerica/ChicagoV by needlenight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

We all have different opinions, i could make a thread saying how much i thought they were hot and i might.. but wouldnt that be a little weird?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
As I have said in the other thread and will say it again here...
I have a gorgeous neice who has her entire calf covered in a tattoo. To me it takes away from her natural beauty. She will wear a sexy dress and your eyes are just automatically drawn to the tattoo.

At a wedding I went to, there were gorgeous bridesmaids with beautiful sleeveless gowns and one girl looked like she was wearing a t-shirt underneath hers. It looked ridiculous and took away from her beauty.

With all the ways a woman can express herself whether with clothing, accesories, jewelry, makeup...I don't see where a permanant tattoo is neccessary. I've known many women who got sick of a design many years later and regretted getting it.

I don't judge people's personalities by their tattoos, It's just not my thing.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

needlenight

My 2 cents?

Women with tattoos can not turn me on. Sorry it is the biggest turn-off for me. (Yes, it is a sexual thing. I can see the beauty of a drawing, painting and even a tattoo. Easily. Many of them a truely works of art. But stick em on a woman and she is nothing to me, nada.)

You girls want them? Go right ahead, but I am personally not giving you a second look once I notice any sort of tattoo. Same with too much makeup. It is just disgusting to me personally.

Underlining to show the girls here, that my opinion is not every mans opinion.

Women with tattoos disgust me. Literally.

Luckily for me, once I explain that to a woman with tattoos, she is also automaticly disgusted by me. So win win

This is unbelievably shallow, insulting and comes across as the clear definition of ignorance itself. It reminds me of racism and just generalized marginalization based out of a primitive mentality in a distorted judgement and criticism that is largely unfounded and small minded.

I can understand a personal preference but not at the expense of judging the entire person for something so minor. Wouldn't it be interesting if you met the woman of your dreams and she was covered in tattoos? I'm certain that it wouldn't make that much of a difference and that an experience like that would teach you a few very important lessons about life, love and what your judgements really say about you and not the reverse.

I find basing a judgement against a human being ludicrous when scrutinizing them on account of their tattoos. It should not be the value we base anyone's virtue on. Tattoos should never be the reason why we choose to like or dislike anyone. That is completely immature and short sighted. If this is what you are basing a person's value and character on than you are primitively minded and perhaps you should refrain from dating until you learn about the things that really matter in life.

edit on 2-10-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

It's like anything else really. Some women are disgusted by beards, some love them. Some women love long hair on a man, some are disgusted by it. Some men love really short hair on a woman and some are disgusted by it. Some people love tons of piercings and others are disgusted by them. It is all personal preferences.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

Wow.. did you read my entire OP?

I do not believe large tattoos are masculine, you are mixing his words and thoughts with mine..I am not the "other guy", I am my self, and this is a different thread. Personally, what makes anything masculine is not size, but the specific illustration.

Ladies, I think you mis-understood me? I have not degraded women with tattoos-piercings-unique hair or any form of external expression at all! As I said, I find it very attractive when a woman expresses herself through art or bodily expressions, as long as it MEANS something to her personally.

@littled16 - I agree the other author was a bit blind to what he was saying, and obviously does not understand the female species much lol. But this thread is not about him. Its about the women.

@observingyou - calling me primitive is uncalled for, you are of the same species, opposite gender.. I find some tattoos beautiful, attractive or sexy. LIKE I SAID (the part you probably missed or skipped over) "it depends on the person and the tattoo".
Im sure your tattoo is nice, but it surely is not your female thigh, which is your body part. Having sexy legs, and nice thighs, differs from having an 'attractive' tattoo.

I dont understand why your making it personal? I didnt say anything that shows judgment or ridicule of women (or men) expressing themselves with tattoos. Your post obviously shows sensitivity, and I apologize if I worded something wrong that made you feel that way.

Maybe you should read again, the entire OP, to understand where I am coming from.. before calling me primitive..

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Yes, it is shallow. Very shallow. In fact it can not get more shallow than what I wrote.
However it is also a fact, a fact for many men I might add. Tattooed women turns me off. I can have no sexual desire for a woman with a tattoo. Shallow, yes. Fact, yes.

Also, the woman of my dreams, is not covered in tattoos. If she were, she would not be the woman of my dreams. Yes, looks matter.

I also never said I hate, judge or dislike woman with tattoos. I simply dont have any sexual desire for them, never will and I would much rather spend time with a woman who is not tattooed than one who is. So I walk on by a tattooed one and walk right up to the one without a tattoo.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join