It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Solar Filament Rupture Last Night September 29, 2013

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

I was wondering the same thing. Hmmm....

2nd

(It's a shame the little emoticon isn't there anymore with the question marks above it.)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

MountainEnigma
reply to post by TSOM87

I was wondering the same thing. Hmmm....

2nd

(It's a shame the little emoticon isn't there anymore with the question marks above it.)

You are not the only one who has been having concerns. There is a lot going on in the world. Too much sometimes it seems. I try not to let fear have any control over me. Just gotta let the waves wash over you

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
We have been on this rock a pretty long time, in our timescale. It's nice that we have the technology to see what's going on with the sun. Imagine what we still don't see? Don't worry, it's been going on for years and years.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Are Youtubers so retarded??? (Ofc they are why do I ask) I'm sick of youtube videos with noisy either heavy/dead metal music or some pop music, what on Earth would be the appropriate for a pop music on a video with the sun flare??

The Sun is SHIFTING ITS POLES, in case you don't know, it's something that will happen within the next months but it happens every couple of years, even NASA said this could affect the weather on Earth.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

The Sun is SHIFTING ITS POLES, in case you don't know, it's something that will happen within the next months but it happens every couple of years, even NASA said this could affect the weather on Earth.

It happens every eleven years or so and NASA made no such statement about it affecting weather on Earth.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Actually Phage and Impactor, here is what NASA said:

Just before the switch, the magnetic field becomes very wavy, and as the Earth passes through it, it's likely to "stir up stormy space weather around our planet," NASA says.

NASA: Sun Getting Ready

So in a way, you are BOTH right.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

Space weather is not "weather on Earth".
Since space weather is dominated by solar activity, anything that happens with the Sun affects space weather.

But thanks for the "hands across the water" bit.
edit on 10/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Nice find and thanks for the heads up!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

100% Untrue!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Solar Ham is a nice site that summarizes a lot of solar data into one page. You can sign up for bulletins as well. And yes... there's an app for that. It's called Solar Monitor and the same guy that owns the Solar Ham site built the app. He's also on Facebook.

On another note, the solar wind is clipping along at 645.8 km/s and that's well above normal. the IMF Bz component is tipped -17.4 nT south and anytime the Bz is tipped south the chance for auroral activity is greatly increased

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike6158

To add...geomagnetic storming at the G1 (minor) level is now occurring.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Staroth
reply to post by Phage

100% Untrue!

Really?
Then perhaps you can show us where NASA said that the magnetic reversal of the Sun will affect the weather on Earth.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It will cause Geomagnetic Storms, but not the kind that take the Grid Down.

We are in a Radiation Storm right now which is a seperate event. We are Magnetically Connected to the Sun right now is all.

Suspicious Observers is plugged in with thousands of Astronomers that are watching everything includeing Nasa.

Nasa may not be putting pictures up of ISON but SuspiciousObservers are just about everyday.

The only thing people need to be watchful of is Ison's interaction with Mars from October 4th thru 6th.

Peace Out!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

TSOM87
Could this event tie in with the 1st October Prediction?

Or does that sound ridiculous?

Tsom87

Yes it's ridiculous, but funny you should say that because I thought I better pop in to ats to see if anything was happening

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Thanks for the heads up on this.
Hope I can see the northern lights.

I have a good view of Mars on a clear night, when I have insomnia.
Which evening in west coast time is the best night to have this insomnia? I was gonna take a sedative tonight, but I would skip that for a sighting. Or potential 'something'

edit on 2-10-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Hmmm, NASA's spaceweather.com site appears to be down right now. I wonder if this has anything to do with the ongoing government shutdown...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike6158

Thanks for the Link to Solar Ham!
Also I found a link for the Aurora Reports
Aurora Forecast

Also I saw that Comet Ison has turned green
Hopefully we will get a great light show!!
And I thought Ison passed us yesterday? That is what my resource had said.
So now I have to wait until the 4th??

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
the combined mental power of all the failed west coast dooms is enough to trigger a 10.0

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Starwise
reply to post by FlyersFan

There was also a 6.8 Earthquake yesterday near New Zealand and a 5.8 long the Mid Atlantic Ridge too!! Movement is happening! Lots of shaking going on.

As far as a huge quake in the west this week, I guess we will see!!

Hey. wt were the co ordinates of this quake?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
www.adressa.no...

Click on the video, captured on 1st october, might be the aurora borealis from that rupture, seen from Trondheim in Norway.

Edit: Just went outside on my balcony, can still see the aurora borealis here, though it isn't a clear one as on the video, have seen one much clearer.

Edit2: Okey, now the aurora borealis is pretty INSANE from my viewpoint! Covering A LOT of the sky, a wonderous sight! Wish I had a good camera to take pictures of it!
edit on 2-10-2013 by spire because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join