It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen to me if I were caught working in MEXICO with no papers? Why is it okay for them?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
What part of committing a federal felony crime by merely standing anywhere inside the borders of the United States don't some people get??

The part where the US government changes the laws and/or their application and people still repeat the tired and now inapplicable "illegal means illegal".

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter
reply to post by Night Star

Those are just excuses people make. How do you take being overqualified for a job as a reason for being turned down? Thats a bs excuse. There's some other reason. Either there being tested cause the employer doesn't want a bad employee that is bitter and wants them to show how much they want the job or they did something wrong, appearance, attitude, late, there was some reason.

Actually no, its a real reason you wont be employed for a job considerably less lucrative than what you are qualified for on paper. Its actually quite coldly rational from perspective of an employer.

An employer looks at you and sees somebody that will be actively looking for something more in line with your qualifications and will leave at the first opportunity, possibly dropping him in it at short notice. There is no advantage in hiring such a person. Better to hire somebody sufficiently qualified but not qualified for anything significantly better.

Its doesn't seem fair to the unemployed man being turned down for jobs he can do in his sleep. It isn't, but its a fact of life.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

True.
Someone else had mentioned why put down your actual qualifications or something to that effect. They don't have to, the employer can clearly see the applicants past work history and knows you are over-qualified.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
All this may be wrong now-a-days. Im 6 miles from the Canadian-Windsor-Detroit border. It used to be we Americans would need a job 1st waiting to move or go over to Windsor for employment.

We couldnt (maybe still cant)...just move there and start over. And you would need permission to move over the border.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

The employers use this as a way to lower wages and benefits. This helps their personal financial condition.
America NEVER....EVER... would have grown to be so great if we always acted like today.

1. USA was VERY VERY picky during the Ellis Island era immigration, (I suggest people learn about this)
a. eye color quotas
b. health screenings .. why allow contagions into your lands?
c. racial quotas
d. had to at least speak something
e. pass tests

2. SCABS and immigrants are the same thing..
a. America never would of had a middle class
b. decent working hours
c. vacation time or retirement
d. good pay
e. union representation

EVER!! as you can see, as more Immigrants come to USA the less USA looks like it once did, and more like the lands those people are leaving.

TO go from the "melting pot" where you LEARNED ENGLISH or SHUT UP.. to a place where a job can require an American to speak the foreigners language!! UNREAL!!

and the foreigners can illegally street vend all day everyday.. without a permit.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

daskakik

Wrabbit2000
What part of committing a federal felony crime by merely standing anywhere inside the borders of the United States don't some people get??

The part where the US government changes the laws and/or their application and people still repeat the tired and now inapplicable "illegal means illegal".

Okay, please show me where the laws regarding overstaying a visa of any kind, crossing the U.S. Frontier outside of an authorized crossing and/or violation and failure to appear for deportation order had changed?

Those are the laws that are violated by 1 or more in the case of every illegal alien. Federal law has no misdemeanor provision. Everything is felony on the federal level, which by definition, makes them felons. Period.

Now I don't care if they came here by boat from Shanghai, came by plane from Shannon, Ireland or swam the Rio Grande to emerge as an outright illegal in the most traditional sense. EVERY ONE OF THEM ....White, Asian and Hispanic in that example... ALL OF THEM...are felony level criminals and fugitives from United States immigration law.

If *THAT* law has actually changed to make criminals into law abiding citizens?? Please post source to chapter and section of the applicable Federal code. I'm not aware of it's existence. Simple as that. Federal Officials becoming as much criminal as the people they protect by their OWN crimes...doesn't count as a law changed. It just adds to the list of criminals. Considerably.

...and it really IS ..THAT..SIMPLE.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

TO go from the "melting pot" where you LEARNED ENGLISH or SHUT UP.. to a place where a job can require an American to speak the foreigners language!! UNREAL!!

I worked for 8 years being forced to listen to spanish most of the day. It felt as though I left my own Country. We had africans and asians and others who respectfully spoke english. When you have hundreds of languages spoken in a country and the language most spoken is english, you woud think that english would be the one language that unites us all, brings us all together. Instead we are divided.

Throughout the years of immigration, people came here with great respect for our laws and language. After so many years of 'illegal' immigration, all of a sudden we had to press 1 for important phone calls just to hear our own language, we had to be bilingual and speak spanish in order to get hired for some jobs that had nothing to do with international business or being a translator. Never before did America cater to one culture like that.

Never in my wildest dreams would I move to another country and expect or demand that they change their country for me. That is rude and disrespectful.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

mysterioustranger
All this may be wrong now-a-days. Im 6 miles from the Canadian-Windsor-Detroit border. It used to be we Americans would need a job 1st waiting to move or go over to Windsor for employment.

We couldnt (maybe still cant)...just move there and start over. And you would need permission to move over the border.

Old military buddy I had would mess with us, he was Canadian.

"America, you guys are our Mexico"

how someone can know they are stealing someone's job, undercutting the wage scale, causing housing to be more expensive by the fact you are there...

SO, immigrants:
1. take jobs
2. lower the wage scale
3. crowd housing making the supply demand favor landlords over renters
4. ruin what used to be decent schools, suck money away from American kids for special programs that teach English
5. because of Affirmative Action, their kids will ---> GET JOB preference and college placement preference OVER AN AMERICAN!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Keep saying it as many times as you like. It doesn't change the reality of the situation and the futility of appealing to authority when it is the same authority that has decided to work around the laws.

I'm pretty sure The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 legally circumvented the laws already on the books.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

I'm not sure I understand you? 'keep saying it'?

Should I simply give up like our Attorney General and decide the law I don't like isn't the law after all....but the ones I do like? Well, now those are laws! That's silly..

I'm not sure I get your point here. If law is to have no meaning here on immigration? Where is it to have meaning? Can I shoot the next idiot that cuts me off in traffic? What is I just wound they guy so it's not murder...never meant to be. He'll heal and be just fine. What's the harm done? Like illegals....whats the harm done? Why pay attention to that law?

See how that becomes circular to the point of motion sickness? That those leading our nation don't currently have any respect for the law ....does not mean we ought to just throw it to the wind. When the people follow the leaders on this? We have the fall of a civilization.

Right now? We just have 2 losers in a row for President. Nothing more...and nothing less. That can change. Quickly, if the people do follow suit and become equal losers. Not yet though. Thank God. ........and it means I don't get to shoot the moron in traffic. (Snaps fingers) darn.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Should I simply give up like our Attorney General and decide the law I don't like isn't the law after all....but the ones I do like? Well, now those are laws! That's silly..

The point is that it isn't up to you but those in authority can and do choose what laws are firm and which can be bent over backwards.

You can "keep saying" "illegal is illegal" but it doesn't change the fact that it is being treated as if it wasn't.

ETA:1986 was way before 2 losers in a row.

edit on 30-9-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I think the point of the thread has been missed. Probably because of the way the question was asked.
The question is, why must we allow illegal immigration in America when no other country would allow it?
I have always said set up an admission building or two at the border just like Ellis island. Give them the papers to be here and become Americans. This includes fingerprints and photos just like a passport, which by the way I need to get into Mexico.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
I think the point of the thread has been missed. Probably because of the way the question was asked.
The question is, why must we allow illegal immigration in America when no other country would allow it?
I have always said set up an admission building or two at the border just like Ellis island. Give them the papers to be here and become Americans. This includes fingerprints and photos just like a passport, which by the way I need to get into Mexico.

there wouldn't be so many Mexicans in the US, or Spanish speakers in general.

WHAT RETARD would choose to have a massive wave from basically the same culture to invade? When having people peppered about from every nation around the world would guarantee assimilation.

Now we have basically a foreign nation sucking the remaining wealth dry through remittances.

My ancestors from Scotland knew what this was..

VIKINGS PILLAGING... if the Vikings came and just starting taking stuff, would they have been met with "oh, take it, you just need a better life.. F--- our own people over there"

NOPE!! would of been "you steel my livelihood, You are stealing my LIFE and that of MY FAMILY.. death is all you get Viking!" (or I die)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Did your ancestors just show up here or did they immigrate?
I didn't say make them citizens just give them paperwork to track them. No voting, no welfare,only emergency healthcare.
I only say this because apparently we can't stop them ( why is beyond me).
I would much rather throw them out but I don't see it happening.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Cool, the whole first page is full of disinfo agents.....dangggg....or they have lost the logic of the simple, straight forward op.....

Hail, boys easy to spot your scewy friggin inability to use logic

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

terriblyvexed
If you're looking for support I'll back you in the fact that it costs taxpayers, but that's it.

I have no problem with people coming to the greatest country in the world to find a better life for them, and their family.

The fix is in our taxation. Instead of deporting or arresting these people let's give out easy to get work permits, put them on equal footing with American workers so they pay taxes, and can't take jobs from us because they work cheaper.

Just a thought.

The reason they work cheaper is they get 100 subsidies that you don't. Take away the easy welfare checks and they will need to earn just as much you. We need fair competition rather than special handouts to one side.
edit on 30-9-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

ETA:1986 was way before 2 losers in a row.

You're right... Reagan got suckered though and promised enforcement and a serious effort on the border which never came by the agreements given. This is the second time playing the game, and everyone ought to have learned and know better. Interesting that would come up as it was a real good example of how badly the solution actually fails if the border isn't shut down pretty much to the extent of our real ability.

After all.. 1986 was supposed to be the answer so today never came as a repeat in the first place. That sure worked out well, didn't it? Repeating the mistake sure won't improve anything.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't think Reagan got suckered into anything.

Repeating the mistake sure won't improve anything and that is probably exactly what they want. The plan was to offer amnesty and seal the border. Only half of that was carried out. What other outcome could have been expected?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

SIMPLE EXPLANATION AS TO WHY THE POLITICIANS ARE SO WILLING AND WANTING TO LET THE ILLEGALS IN TO THE U.S.

OUR SOCIAL AND FINANCIAL SYSTEM HAS BECOME TOTALLY DEPENDENT ON A GROWING POPULATION EVERY YEAR TO RAISE SUFFICIENT TAXES TO SUPPORT:
A) THE GOVERNMENTS (STATE AND FEDERAL), MILITARY, SOCIAL PROGRAMS (WELFARE, MEDICAID, FOOD STAMPS, SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY)
B) GOVERNMENT, MILITARY AND CITIZEN'S EARNED PROGRAMS OF SOCIAL SECURITY, MEDICARE, TRI-CARE RETIREMENTS.
THERE ARE OTHER EXPENSES BUT THAT IS THE BULK OF THEM....

WITHOUT A POPULATION INCREASE NORMAL ETRISHEN SUCH AS DEATHS, DISABILITIES, WELFARE RECIEPTANTS AND RETIREMENTS WILL DROP THE INCOME TAX BASE AND THE GOVERNMENT COMES UP SHORT.. SO THEY NOW TAX RETIREMENTS, SALES TAXES, EXCISE TAXES, LUXURY TAXES, DEATH TAXES AND MANY, MANY MORE ARE STARTED TO HELP PAY THE BILLS AND SUPPORT SOCIETY....
WORKING ILLEGALS WOULD HELP RAISE MORE TAXES BUT FOR ONE LITTLE PROBLEM... THEY COME HERE AND EITHER PUT PEOPLE OUT OF WORK BY TAKING THEIR JOBS OR THEY GET ON THE GOVERNMENT SUPPORTED WELFARE PROGRAMS AND BECOME AN EXPENSE INSTEAD OF A INCOME TAX PRODUCER. IT IS SIMPLE ECONOMICS.

IT IS ALSO SIMPLE ECONOMICS... THAT THE SINGULARILY MOST DEVISTATING ACTION TAKEN BY OUR POLITICIANS THAT HAS KILLED THE U.S. ECONOMY WAS NAFTA THAT ALLOWED U.S. MANUFACTORING TO LEAVE THIS COUNTRY AND WITH IT WENT THE JOBS. FEWER JOBS, LESS INCOME TAXES TO SUPPORT THE GOVERNMENTS.

ROSS PEROT WARNED, IN HIS PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAGN, THAT NAFATA WOULD BE A DOMESTIC ECONOMY KILLER.
HE KNEW THIS BECAUSE HE WAS A BILLIONER THAT MADE HIS MONEY IN MANUFACTORING AND KNEW THE CURRENT COST OF LABOR AND HOW MUCH CHEAPER LABOR WOULD EFFECT BUSINESS QUEST FOR PROFITS AND IMPACT THE DOMESTIC LABOR BY LOSS OF THOSE JOBS.

THE MEXICO ILLEGALS ARE POTIENTAL INCOME TAX PRODUCERS FOR THE U.S. FEDERAL AND STATES GOVERNMENTS.

SIMPLE AS THAT...

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by F4Driver

I just have to note.... Decaffeinated (lower case)..? It's as good as the real thing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join