It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen to me if I were caught working in MEXICO with no papers? Why is it okay for them?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Night Star
I have worked with many illegals throughout the years and for over 30 years, I have yet to meet one that was hard up. It cost them money to get here, cost them money for fraudulent paperwork, stolen identities etc.

The women worked and had spouses who worked elsewhere under the table. The women would lie and say they were a one income household and ended up getting cheap housing, food stamps, medical...when in actuality they were above the poverty limit. They saved money here and seeing that our money was worth so much more in their own country, they would return and live a nice little lives for themselves. One person I knew ended up with a big ranch wit horses cows pigs etc. Another got waterfront property and a big house.

Those who do wish to become legal say they didn't feel like waiting so came here illegally instead and pushed themselves to the head of the line of those coming through the proper channels.

With millions of un-employed citizens, the last thing we need are millions of illegals holding jobs. And no, it does not take millions of illegals to work in fields and most illegals have moved beyond the fields and into many other areas of the workforce.

Ahh. I don't really know how it is over there, apart from what I hear. I know our refugee claimants are most often fleeing war and conditions that would make you do almost anything to escape it; you don't get much opportunity to fix it, and when your family is being slaughtered and you manage to escape you tend to seek safety.

not all of them, most. So I can imagine it only from the perspective of people who would see their family safe as they journey across the dangerous oceans in order to land in a country that they have been told would accept them and then seek to reunite with their family, risking their own death and the risk of simply being abandoned... and I put myself in their position for one second and cannot comprehend the reality of it all. We've got everything by comparison.

But I hear the same sort of arguments here too. illegal this, don't want them that.. it's easier to just have that as the answer and ignore the human face of the situation.

wether or not we like it, is a different story. but some people do really have no choice. Of course some come here under those conditions having throw their identity away on purpose, with ill intent or with intention of defrauding the good will. That's why we have to process them. Unfortunate as it is.

But If they're just simply popping over and nicking your work.. I dunno, it's not the same cause, so I can't have the same opinions I suppose.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

kurthall
reply to post by terriblyvexed

by the way they get free healthcare here really that's not cool if I went to their country I wouldn't get s*** frankly I wish them death on the doorstep we should NOT PAY for their healthcare

PERIOD! ¡

So you're not going to go to Mexico or Canada any time then?

Oddly, I imagine they don't want death wishing people to visit, and be a burden on the society they have.

Sounds like a win/win end result. Good show.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
The real picture of immigration in the U.S.. And this is dealing with legal immigration and not even counting the illegals:

This video shows the impact on America of those 1 Million immigrants:

edit on 30-9-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

MConnalley
your passiveness pissed me off

Criky, that's a first. I've Never been accused of that one before!

Lmao, I have to screen capture this page!!

.. illegals and im Mexican, HELL MY BEST FRIEND IS TRYING TO MARRYING AN ILLEGAL SOON! but its still .. up that they come with no papers. seriously i have cousins that want to come over but .. them if they do it illegally.

Blimey, I thought I swore too much.

I want to marry a Scottish woman who is on a student visa. She doesn't know it yet, but it guarantees her citizenship and I gets me a wife.

What do you think? Should I ask her? Could be a bit strange, I only just met her though.. and I also inheret an instant kid. But shes hot! the woman, not her kid.. Oo

oO

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Broom

Oi, Newbie. That's my story. I tell it occasionally. Get yer own!

Damn forum immigrants taking my stories and relating them as if they are their own.

Someone should check these foreigners for any plagiaristic bent before letting them all in willy nilly.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

winofiend
reply to post by Broom

Oi, Newbie. That's my story. I tell it occasionally. Get yer own!

Damn forum immigrants taking my stories and relating them as if they are their own.

Someone should check these foreigners for any plagiaristic bent before letting them all in willy nilly.

Well, I can tell you a cat like that cannot be found anywhere near where I live.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

I am freaking SICK of illigals. They have a free pass here in So Cali. I am Sick of it. Americans are not illegal. These freaking Hispanics that are illegal come here WORK here and Should be ARRESTED

It is not an us and them we are all people. What is your bloodline I would guess you are not a thorough bred native American Indian. Your family were immigrants too sometimes. All those Hispanics you talk of.. Most of them where created when the whites raped Latinos.. They are probably your relatives...

It is not these people that have robbed your jobs.. If you want to be sick of anyone blame the banking elite that have just robbed your family for generations to come...

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
find me an immigration apologist that spends as much time brainstorming ways to fix (insert country of origin here) as they do attempting to convince (insert country of origin here) that they need to accept their immigration problem, and ill eat my hat.

seriously. lets take this particular case in the United States. This thread and the hundreds like it, how often do you actually see somebody attempting to conjure ideas to fix Mexico? never. they spend exhausting amounts of time and energy telling you reasons why you should rationalize and accept the existing problem, and ZILCH energy is spent on solving the underlying CAUSE to the [immigration] problem.

yet most of those same users on any other issue would almost instantly zero in on what they think to be an underlying cause to said issue.

why the difference? because fixing Mexico is not the goal. Changing the United States is.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Reading these post's I see the sheeple have spoken,most undocumented people stay under the wire,they want to remain anonymus,the ones getting the free benifits are the whites and blacks and hispanics who have lived here for generations,I've hired them before in construction,reading ATS anymore I see it dropping as far as any source,sad

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Broom
reply to post by Phage

How many people realize that the idea of ILLEGAL immigration is a recent invention of evil, narrow-minded, people.
edit on 30-9-2013 by Broom because: (no reason given)

What part of committing a federal felony crime by merely standing anywhere inside the borders of the United States don't some people get??

It's not hateful. I'll be happy to hear about their good life...ELSEWHERE. Now, if they'd like to come back legally, and properly? Hell.. That might take time. Require patience, and work and the chance they get told NO. (Like the millions of others who have gone through the RIGHT process...the RIGHT way)

I don't give a damn if someone is brown, black, yellow or purple with white polka dots. Really. Same same top to bottom and illegal is illegal. Illegal can carry their lawless butts elsewhere. Promptly, I'd ask. (Or when the current President and his lawless fools leave, the criminals can get some HELP leaving.)
edit on 30-9-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Votes!

It's what it all comes down to in the end, tptb want their votes at all costs.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

purplemer

I am freaking SICK of illigals. They have a free pass here in So Cali. I am Sick of it. Americans are not illegal. These freaking Hispanics that are illegal come here WORK here and Should be ARRESTED

It is not an us and them we are all people. What is your bloodline I would guess you are not a thorough bred native American Indian. Your family were immigrants too sometimes. All those Hispanics you talk of.. Most of them where created when the whites raped Latinos.. They are probably your relatives...

Every human being on Planet Earth is from somewhere else. Every single one. Bar none. Ever. Anywhere. We're also ALMOST all Heinz 57 mutts by now. There are a few isolated tribes around the world who may have something in pure genetics...but I doubt it.

So bloodlines and who came from where, and when is so totally outside the debate, it's sad to bring up. *HOW* is the question that matters. On their feet or on their stomach, crawling in the darkness?

I'm sorry to be harsh, but I am so sick of lawlessness covered by apology and defenders of criminals I could scream. It's led to actually having a justice department who breaks as many laws as they enforce because they "don't think the law is right".

Well, hey, America has a measurable % of Hispanics now. Legal ones. Ones who form the backbone of areas of this nation. Show me someone against criminal immigration and the felons who make up that issue ...who wants so much as harassment of LEGAL Hispanics? I've not met one and I'd having nothing to do with someone if I did learn they felt that way.

Believe it or not.....Some Americans have just had about all we can or care to take of "We'll enforce THIS law...but not THAT law ..and oh, no one's above the law! Some just go around it! ha ha ha". The mockery of everything American by some is obscene.

All those Hispanics you talk of.. Most of them where created when the whites raped Latinos.. They are probably your relatives...

*** By the way, please back up that HATEFUL and RACIST comment about whites raping Hispanics re: American Indians?!?!?! I've heard some rank hate here before. However, THAT one sets a new low standard. It truly does. VERY Low. I have to be reading that totally wrong. You can't have just really said what you said there and meant what it seems to have meant. No... I've never seen ya talk like this before. Never. (??????)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Broom

If I am so narrow minded, PLEASE go to a county hospital here in So Cal. 70% of the people in the ER are illegal and we have to wait for 12 hrs to see a doctor. These people are getting free healthcare. The thing that angers me most, it has gotten so bad that some county hospitals have been on the verge of shutting down. So why are we REPEATEDLY treating illegals flu and colds FOR FREE? We need to take care of our own LEGAL citizens before we worry about someone who is breaking the law, and has no business even being in this country.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I find it a little sickening that the very thing which made our country what it is today is now considered one of the most problematic issues facing ou country today. You know why we're called the American Melting Pot? Because our population, our society, is comprised of descendents whose ancestors were not born here. The vast majority of Americans have foreign blood in them. Their grandparents and great grandparents immigrated from other countries.

The price of having one of the most successful (relatively speaking) countries in the world is that we are inevitably going to be asked to share. And since that same fact has garnered hostility from other nations, we've become a little more tight around the collar about freely sharing our successes. Here's an idea: if you want the immigrants to stop coming, give them a reason to stay home.

Anyone watched Elysium? That move explains it perfectly. Just because they didn't have the fortune to be born in the golden land, doesn't mean we have to be jerks and slam the door in their face. How is it that we act so self-entitled but can't even pay a man half of our minimum wage to do a job no one else wants? We go to college to get these fancy degrees because we belive we're entitled to a nice job paying $10+ an hour so we can drive SUV's and have a nice big family in a Victorian house in a polished neighborhood. Then we turn around and gripe because some Mexicans got a job we never wanted for a wage we'd never settle for and insist they are stealing from us. It's not their fault your American Dream turned out to be a load of crap. You'd much rather send them back to hell so you can have their few sparing crumbs than give them a chance at a decent life and enjoy what you originally planned to have. You don't want their job. Admit it. You'd never accept those wages. Admit it. And if you were in their position, you would sure as hell appreciate being given the chance to earn a living in a country that actually cares about its residents rather than being given the boot because the citizens are irate at being bent over all the time by the government, so they decide you make a good stand in for getting kicked the f*** out.

So. Yeah. That's how I feel about it. Imagine if banks gave away free money for everyone who walked in and made an account, but then they start denying accounts because they run out of free money.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You can work in Mexico, if you don't mind making 2 dollars an hour, at Walmart or Mickey D's. Even better, you can actually buy land and build your own house and/or business, without the government all in your @$$.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If mass immigration of third world, poorly-educated people, with a smattering of textbook English were only happening in southern California, it would be a mystery.

But as it's a fundamental policy of all globalist, western governments, it's not really that surprising.

Legal, illegal, WTF cares?

None of it even begins to make sense.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
For those of you that have a problem with "illegal immigration", just remember, IMMIGRANTS built America.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

They didn't "build" Britain, Ireland, France, Germany, etc, etc....

Not unless you want to go back over a thousand years or so, and we seem to have managed swimmingly without their country-building skills since then.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

WonderBoi
For those of you that have a problem with "illegal immigration", just remember, IMMIGRANTS built America.

Immigrants who came here with great respect for our country and language built America, not illegals.

The country has changed a great deal over these many years. These days we have illegals who have cheap housing, food stamps, medical...all the while we have many citizens falling through the cracks without any help whatsoever.

When you have some citizens having to decide between life saving medicines or food and you have an illegal with all his/her needs met, there is a problem. When you have fellow citizens cheering the illegals on and ignoring the plight of of poor citizens already here, there is a problem.

Would there be any resentment if all were treated equally and had their needs met? No.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Illegal. That is a significant part.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join