It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increase in "Space Fireball" reports in the MSM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Greetings all,

Although this may seem like it belongs in the Space Forum, the issue here is the MSM, so I opted for general. Mods, do you thing if needed.

Anyway, in recent months, I have noted a general increase in MSM reports on "mysterious" space fireballs, accompanied with a grainy video, (almost as if they were waiting). While I understand that we live in a world were every moment is being filmed somewhere, I would say the chances catching something like this, center frame, is fortuitous from someone simply filming the night sky?

While in my mind the uptick in this kind of report started with the blast that rocked a city in Russia in February this yearLink

Since then, at least in my mind, film of these events have appeared on the MSM on a regular basis. Until in the last week, at least on the UK MSM, there was one last week, and now last night also.

Has anyone else noticed this? At the moment I am restricted to the UK news, which also includes happenings from the US, but not many other places. So it would be good to hear if this perceived uptick is happening in other regions also.

OK, so the premise is, if the MSM is the mouthpiece of TPTB, and known to be the method through which the population is warmed up to a subject (I.e. the frog in the pot method) then why are we being seemingly warmed up to the idea on increased meteorite / fireball sightings being a normal thing?

The doom monger in me wonders if this is a precursor of bigger things. while the optimist in me hope it has something to do with life being found in space (microscopic life, which was reported in a disappointingly low key manner ( [url=http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/the-truth-is-out-there-british-scientists-claim-to-have-found-proof-of-alien-life-8826690.html]Link[/ur l].

Anyway, interested to know what other ATSers think.

Toodles
JF

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

In my opinion, people are WAY too hung up on this one. Sometimes we see very few, and sometimes(like 2009) we see a lot. Does not mean teeeeerrible things are coming. Has anything ever come from the paranoia threads?

edit on 29-9-2013 by Jefferton because: spelling

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Has anything ever come from the paranoia threads?
reply to post by Jefferton

Well, they have from mine!!

But I know what you're saying. I could perhaps just be "de riguer" at the moment, just like they live to follow any and every issue with aviation. However, if this was just the case, it wouldn't be a conspiracy now would it!!

The truth is out there, usually to be found floating in alphabet soup.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
That is it isn't it? Are we being "prepped" for a massive E.L.E. Or is it just space rocks and y'all need to chill. In the end all that matters is weather you enjoyed the ride or not.
Right.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

The doom monger in me wonders if this is a precursor of bigger things.

Of course it's a precursor. It's not if, but when we'll be hit by a large meteor capable of penetrating through Earth's atmosphere.
It could be tomorrow, or in a million years, the fact is, these events are real in the universe.
And no, I don't think we'll be warned by MSM... imagine headlines "OMG we're all going to die"

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Does not mean teeeeerrible things are coming.

Unfortunately, it does mean. It did happen, it will happen again, make no mistake.
Am I paranoid to think the Earth will be strucked by large meteor or asteroid? I think not, cause it's a fact.
We all should be aware of this.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

That I agree with. obviously because it is undeniable fact. What I wonder is, whether a program of desensitization is going on. That is to say, regular fire ball reports showing spectacular and wondrous images of bright lights in the sky. So that where the real news comes. Folks, we expect a meteor to hit the earth tonight. most people will be thinking that it will just burn up in luminous fashion, like all the others the TV has been showing.

When the dust settles, (if it does) and people ask, hey why didn't you warn us, the response can come, "we did!!, weren't you listening"

Without a doubt, this will happen, at some point. fact. I just wonder if this is a reverse take on population control. Control through sugar coated half truths.

new topics

top topics

join