It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHICAGO Whats happening? rumors of MRAPs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Pulled from facebook

www.facebook.com...
can anyone here confirm this?

trafficland.com...

"CHICAGO
ANYBODY hearing anything about strange movement in Shy Town?...
and can anybody get a camera to pull up?"

Citizens Action Network " No details were given as far as a specific area...as I said it is a rumor... People had trouble with the traffic cameras being available... So, it is very odd. I am not familiar with Chicago. I just thought out of 80,000 plus likes on this page maybe somebody knew something first hand. They have had so much disturbance there lately and the articles about bringing the Guard in. Yes, I'm curious..."

Citizens Action Network "Just rumors at the moment... That they have MRAPs in the streets ..."

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by innersollus

www.facebook.com...
can anyone here confirm this?

Facebook is becoming more like fearbook.

Facebook isn't the best place to get your news from rumor or not.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by innersollus

What did they say is happing?

If something real is happening were going to see an explosion of videos on youtube.
edit on 27-9-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

Not necessarily, what with apple's recently patented kill switch probably being available soon for nefarious purposes. After all, disabling camera and wifi for "covert operations" is one of the reason's apple patented it in the first place.

Not saying anything is going on, just saying if we can rely on youtube for ongoing situations, you should be glad.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by eyezenmaitreya

I completely forgotten about that, suspicious timing.

www.chicagotribune.com...
edit on 27-9-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I must have missed the point of the post, OP, would you mind explaining what you think is happening as the facebook link doesn't really suggest anything and the traffic cams are without traffic. Have you heard anything specific?
edit on 27-9-2013 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I Think something to do with this :

Chicago Gets Help From National Guard Because Of Gang Violence! How Did It Go This Far?

edit on 27-9-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Sorry Inner,

As i am not from the USA, which is also the case for MANY other of us ATS members, could you or someone else please explain what a MRAP is please?

The only MRAP i know of is a Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Will it be like Ghostbusters when they call the national guard in?

Ghostbusters Scene: Saving the day
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNuG25oq_b0

I get chills every time I see the troops loading up!!
edit on 27-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: changed troops moving in, to loading up, more accurate to what occurs in video.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Rodinus
Sorry Inner,

As i am not from the USA, which is also the case for MANY other of us ATS members, could you or someone else please explain what a MRAP is please?

The only MRAP i know of is a Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Yes it is Sir!

and i think OP mean there is A lot Of this Vehicle On the Street ..and can see from Street CCTV

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Yes, but specifically the OP's post was basically saying he wanted to inform us that there might be something transpiring in chicago, and they had Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles in the streets.

Which is in itself very unsettling with all this October 1st business and the appearance that everyone seems to be "preparing". Of course chicago could just be jumping on the bandwagon OSU did...but i doubt it.

www.legitgov.org...

www.dailypaul.com...

Of course the news i just posted may not be "new" but it is related, so i thought i'd share it with all the people who don't know and may have interest in seeing if there are connections.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Thanks Cheesy, much appreciated.

In the UK we call these APCs i believe... (Armoured personel carriers) or in Ireland (Pigs)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Ok, found the post the OP is referring to...

Citizens Action Network No details were given as far as a specific area...as I said it is a rumor... People had trouble with the traffic cameras being available... So, it is very odd. I am not familiar with Chicago. I just thought out of 80,000 plus likes on this page maybe somebody knew something first hand. They have had so much disturbance there lately and the articles about bringing the Guard in. Yes, I'm curious...
Like · Reply · 2 · about an hour ago via mobile

Citizens Action Network Just rumors at the moment... That they have MRAPs in the streets ...
Like · Reply · 2 · 2 hours ago via mobile

with a link to traffic cameras.........the site does have 82K 'likes' and this post has exactly 2.....There is absolutely nothing to support this and even they claim it is only rumor at this point. Let's not jump the gun, bring something of substance to the table.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

Fair enough, but the statement alone that they haven't "confirmed" anything... that it is just rumor, more than justifies that they are definitely hiding something.

In other words, they have to create a cover story before they can confirm anything. If nothing was going on we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The only question is whether something is going on, or nothing is going on...but they want to make it into something.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
i am searching n Find This..

Alert: Thousands of MARTIAL LAW Signs Spotted By Truck Load In Illinois

edit on 27-9-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

eyezenmaitreya

Fair enough, but the statement alone that they haven't "confirmed" anything... that it is just rumor, more than justifies that they are definitely hiding something.

In other words, they have to create a cover story before they can confirm anything. If nothing was going on we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The only question is whether something is going on, or nothing is going on...but they want to make it into something.

Wait.....the fact they can't prove anything is confirmation they are hiding something.....I'm sorry, but you can't disprove a negative. A few people couldn't access a few cameras.....There is nothing specific that anyone actually saw armored vehicles in the streets......to the point that they make a point of saying it is rumor at this point. Meaning they heard from someone that heard from someone......That is not what ATS is about.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

eyezenmaitreya

Sorry, did you really just say that the absence of any proof of this is proof in itself?

Am I reading that correctly?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

The point i was making is if they wanted to tell you something, you would've heard about it by now...aka all the shootings etc...

They sure didn't hurry getting the news out did they? You only hear about stuff they want to tell you fast...otherwise it takes time for them to conceive a story for them to tell you.

It's not rocket science. Why do you think the term "cover story" exists? Because it happens.

Only most people think like they are told to think, do what they are told to do...and fail to see that they are just gears in a machine.

If you act like a machine with the mundane day to day frivolities and activities intended to "fry" your brain...then you might as well be one right?

But if you look behind the scenes and figure out how the machine works...then you can decide to operate as a unit and not be a tool.

Man may have been created to be a tool, but man also has the capability to move beyond that as well.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Thats crazy scary cheesy, something going down!!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

I wouldn't necessarily say that, but i would say the pieces are moving into formation.

Or so it seems.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join