It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money an Obsolete Technology???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I agree, money is a useless and primitive fortay.
Now the best way to get rid of money is to build a universal replicator (sorta like StarTrek) there has been a great deal of research in to it and there is currently only one plausable way to accomplish this, it would use nanobots, they would be able to change the structure of air or dirt or whatever at the atomic scale to create something else.
Sorry I cant find the link to the site I was reading this from, I'll try to find it though.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks getting rid of money is even remotely possible in today�s society is crazy. End of story.
Are you saying you'd like to get rid of money itself (the 'worthless' pieces of paper), or that you'd get rid of the idea that at any one point in time a person can have made a surplus (or deficit) in their trading history.
What I mean here is are you saying I cannot trade a product or service for something, worthless in itself, which in the future guarantees me the value of that p or s when I need it. (All that money is really)
Cash is the key to trading fluidy; it is just like any other form of credit. It allows me to harvest a ton of maize and then trade that for my next year�s worth of other essentials, when I need them. Would it be easier to take a sack full of maize to the supermarket every week? (Far fetched but you get my point).
If you suggest that the gov should control and ration everything and think that human greed would just disappear, then good luck with it, but I think its been tried.. The world is swung far enough out of equilibrium as it is.
Feel free to rip my opinion to pieces, that�s what its there for.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This is where gold backed currencies create an equal standing on the world markets. If you have valueable commodities and services to export, you get paid x amount of gold backed currency, which is holds the same worth of x amount in any nation. In the current fiat systems, x amount in one currency is worth say 0.65*x of another, and some economies struggle, due to their weak currency (lack of demand). These nations have to produce much more in commodities or services to acheive the same standing. Look at the case in the current climate - one currency is in such demand on the world market, the reserve just keeps printing more to meet demand, pushing trade defit through the roof.

<< 1   >>

join