It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatar upload instructions: ATS.5/3

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hello

Now that the new version of ATS is here I thought it was time to update the old avatar thread: Avatar upload: Step by step instructions with pictures (2012)

I find it much easier to do with this new version.

First:

Size requirements:

Avatars Maximum pixel dimensions: 170 pixels wide by 240 pixels high.
Maximum file size: Remains 75k

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds

Click the arrow on the top bar and then select "Uploads":

You'll see the uploader (and the images, if you have previously uploaded any). Click the cloud shaped upload button:

Click "Select Files" and choose an image from your computer (remember the size requirements). Once that's done go for the cloud button again and you'll see the image in your initial folder.

Click on the image and the options will pop up, we need to click on the little person icon on the top:

And that's it

Mini-Profile upload instructions

Signature instructions

edit on 26-9-2013 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Excellent, thank you! I've been wondering ever since the beta what the set avatar sizes would be. Now I'll have to go edit mine so it doesn't get "shrunk" to fit.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

I wasn't sure what the new sizes would be but I couldn't find anything that said they were changed from before. I checked some of the introductions threads where mods will put up the help links for new members and the sizes I put seemed to be to most recent.

If I find any newer ones I'll correct the OP as to not cause trouble to anyone.

Still, just like my other thread, if anyone has problems feel free to post here and I'll do my best to help.

(Bah, I miss the old thumbs up icon)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Mini Profile Background

If the size limitations seem a bit small to you, you can use a background image instead. You upload an "empty" image so the text in the profile is pushed down and you can use the whole space.

Size requirements:

Pixel Space: 180 pixels wide and 400-480 pixels tall

Maximum Pixel Dimensions: 200 pixels wide by 700 pixels tall.

Maximum File Size: 100k if you're using a clear-GIF as your avatar, if not, the combined file size of your avatar and background image cannot exceed 150k.

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds

Instructions:

1) Put this link: files.abovetopsecret.com... in the "Avatar" section on your Account settings. (The size is 170X240) You can also save it to your computer and upload it as an avatar as shown in the first post on this thread.

2) Upload the image you want as background and click on the square icon on the top:

3) On your Account Settings make sure your username is readable. You can choose the font color:

If you just want to have a solid color as background you can choose it in the options shown above, then click submit and you're set.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Signature

Size requirements:

No larger than 600 pixels wide by 70 pixels tall.
Maximum file size of 50kb.

Signature Guidelines

1) Upload the image you want as a signature.

2) Select and copy the link on the "BBcode for use in post" box:

3) Go to your Account settings and paste it on the "Signature" box and click submit.

There you go:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
BTS: Avatar Creations

If you'd like a custom avatar go to that thread and some awesome members will help you out.

A place where the ATS artists and the avatar-challenged can continue to meet and share info to create that "perfect" avatar.....the new thread dedicated to requests for avatars and those who are willing to help create them.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

" You'll see the uploader (and the images, if you have previously uploaded any). Click the cloud shaped upload button: "

There is NO Cloud Shaped Upload Button showing on my Browser . A Square Box in Black , and Underneath it says Upload . I can Browse My Computers Files and select a Picture to Upload , but once it is in the ATS Upload Box , there is No Cloud Button to Press to Finish the Upload .

I am using an older OS , XP , and IE 8 by the way.....

edit on 1-10-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Hmm... Do you have everything up to date? Any add ons? Have you tried other browsers? Clearing your browsing history?

I assume you've tried this, but I'm asking just to be sure. Also, I'm no expert so excuse any dumb questions that I may ask.

If you hover your mouse over the box (buttons and empty space), does it say anything on the status bar below?

(It should say something like this: _javascript:$('#file_upload').uploadifive('upload'))

How about clicking "tab" to see if it's just a problem with the icon? A dotted line should mark the place if it's not showing properly.

I've read that several members have problems with uploading, maybe we can narrow it down a bit before summoning the bosses

edit on 1-10-2013 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

You know, I've just checked anther thread where a member was having the same problem and was also using IE. He ended up downloading Firefox and it works for him now.

(I'm also on FF, haven't checked IE to see if it could be a problem with it)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Tried All that , my Comp is Up to date with Java and Flash . There is NO Upload Button on that Page , Simple as that .

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I am Not Changing Browsers just for the sake of Conforming with the New ATS BS , Sorry .

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Well, then you should report it in the bugs thread, if you haven't already, and wait for SO to check it out. You aren't the only one having problems so maybe someone mentioned it there already.

I hope it gets fixed quick, good luck.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Thanks for your Help .

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Make sure to check out Zarniwoop's thread if your background image doesn't fit properly:

Summary: With the advent of ATS 5/3 site release, the new space for profile background images is wider than before, causing the older images to repeat in the new, larger space.

How to re-size your mini-profile background image for ATS 5/3

New size requirements:

The new width for mini-profile background images is 200 pixels. The length varies based on the viewer’s screen size and other profile factors. For the majority of profiles, a length of 450 will avoid making image repeat at the bottom of the profile space. Images longer than 450 pixels will simply be cut off at the bottom (which is better than repeating)

It has great step by step instructions on how to use Paint to resize images.

edit on 7-10-2013 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Wonderful thread!! I have subscribed so I can reference for people. The process is easier thanks to our new ATS version, however anytime one is trying to do something for the first time, it can be intimidating. Step by step with illustrations is so helpful. You rock! S&F

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

The frustration level for a new member like myself was getting too high and ready to give up after getting "404" messages when I clicked on links that were supposed to help.

I finally found your thread in this forum. THANKS for the avatar instructions! This should be ON THE UPLOAD PAGE.

Cheers!

Bob

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Thank you! I just posted my first avatar after being here since 2010.
It took me a few hrs to figure it out. I hope I can learn more than just
copying & pasting a picture. I would like to learn the fancier creations.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I think the tutorial would be fine. Except for one thing. In my case when I go to ATS Video there are no tabs to click anywhere. Therefore, I cannot upload my Avatar or Mini Profile. I have deleted cookies hoping that would clear up the problem. But that did nothing to fix the problem. Is there something that I might try?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Bumping for new Avatar Creations link:

BTS : Avatar Creations 2014

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Thanks veary helpful .

<<   2  3 >>

join