It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulling The Pin On A Old WW2 Grenade…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
British Broadcasting at its Best!!!
At 13.37 “My Metal Detector” (Deep Digger Dan) finds a hand grenade, see how carefully he handles it! You then get a lecture explaining how he knows it’s dangerous, but he has guts, and that’s all there is to it.
Get to 1850 and he looks for it, before actually pulling the pin around 20.10!
At 22.11 Dan finds a light shell and handles that very safely too.
www.youtube.com...

Watch 2.00 here: www.youtube.com... Dan respectfully handles another live round here…
9.38 finds a knife
12.15 Criticises luck, Just before discovering a tank!!!
17.06 Eagle swastika found

This guy is a heroic example of Britain’s “Health & Safety” culture, and I believe any future such legislation (aimed at true reform!) should be named after him!!!

If anybody also liked this video’s opening tune its…
“They Might Be Giants: Metal Detector”
www.youtube.com...
This related song “Metal Detector” is quite hilarious…
www.youtube.com...

Further Non-Detonating...
In this separate video you see a WW2 (1905-1943) delayed action bomb, fuse dismantled, so to show how it works…
www.youtube.com...
Although totally obsolete (hardly takes a genius to think how it could be e.g. size reduced) it’s nevertheless an interesting piece of engineering.
Good job people put these video’s up, so people like me safely stay off the local firing range!

See also these WW2 grenades in Saipan
www.youtube.com...
And 500lb incendiary bombs in Saipan
www.youtube.com...
WW2 Saipan Dump Site (little ordinance, mostly just interesting how stuff decayed) www.youtube.com...

PS: I've had extremely bad luck posting this topic. So if anybody's going to get inspired by this thread... save your money (and an arm & a leg) by watching the fools on You Tube!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Liberal1984
At 13.37 “My Metal Detector” (Deep Digger Dan) finds a hand grenade,
before actually pulling the pin around 20.10!

Oh good lord, that was difficult to watch.

So now, theres a grenade in the woods without a pin.
How could he do this I dont even...

edit on 25-9-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

So now, theres a grenade in the woods without a pin.
That’s a really good thought, as to why what he did was wrong.

How could he do this I dont even...
Ill considered fun. Every human has done it! I love the bit where he basically says "now there are some points in life, where you have to grow up and start behaving like an adult, I am not very good at finding those points, but i think this is one of them" and then can't resist temptation later."
For me, that's the ultimate reality TV.

Thankfully...
Given it hasn’t gone-off (despite being thrown, and outdoors for around 70 years) I wouldn’t worry about it too much. It’s far more likely to be set-off by the elements-further decay, or an animal, or hopefully (and most probably) nothing at all.

In any case: He's called out the bomb squad in one of his other videos, so (maybe) he was responsible? (Well... unless you worked for German bomb disposal that day!)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Liberal1984
Good job people put these video’s up, so people like me safely stay off the local firing range!
When I was a kid I used to sneak over to the firing ranges to collect the empty shells and clips to make bullet belts. Makes me cringe now when I think back and realise what could have happened. My parentss were always saying to me "Dont go up the ranges" but they were a magnet to me
Occasionally I'd find an unused flair, they were fun

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

This reminds me of a story my family has told me...

We were living in Athens in the mid 70's (I was a toddler at the time) and my two older brothers used to go to some mountain and find old bullet shells and stuff. Apparently, they went to school one day and were promptly sent home quickly as some kid had brought a live artillery shell he had found on this mountain into class!

Would've made for an interesting show and tell!

new topics

top topics

join