It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack on Kenyan Shopping mall! Dozens killed, hostages held!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
CNN Live has just recanted the death toll to an official 11 deaths and over 50 injured.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Says on routers at least 25 dead and they expect the figure to get much higher

www.reuters.com...

All seems very strange, I can imagine all sorts of theories will come out over this

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

people are still in there, it's been 9 hours now! Hope they manage to get out.

reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I was thinking the same, Shotgun! Although I've never seen on here before, usually G3's and AK's, Government issued.

reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yes I'm sorry hope the mods can move the thread, confused by the new ATS UI.

reply to post by Xtrozero

Yeah it's crazy but I was lucky enough to arrive at an earlier date.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
But wait...I thought this sort of thing only happened in America being that we Americans are so uncivilized and all. I believe someone said earlier in the thread that firearms are not permitted over there without special "licensing" which as we all know equals throw enough money at a problem and you will find the solution (unfortunately). So again we see that firearms are not the problem, violent people with a strong enough will to do harm are the issue.

So to anti-gun folk, legislation will never solve this issue. Only the complete eradication of firearms will and we all know that will never happen EVER, it is just logistically impossible. Hell, any attempt on any governments part to go door knocking and take peoples guns will only end in a lot more bloodshed.

Good day to all and prayers to the victims and their families.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

DeadSnow
A friend sent me this message captured on CCTV (They haven't aired this)

Look at all that equipment!

Wow, that looks like military, blackops, or some really prepared terrorists! Those poor people, I hope they didn't get shot in the back or left to die after this image was taken.

Over 9 hours, and the gunmen are still in the mall? Where are the police, swat, and or military?
edit on 9/21/13 by SixX18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

SixX18

DeadSnow

Look at all that equipment!

Wow, that looks like military, blackops, or some really prepared terrorists! Those poor people, I hope they didn't get shot in the back or left to die after this image was taken.

Over 9 hours, and the gunmen are still in the mall? Where are the police, swat, and or military?
edit on 9/21/13 by SixX18 because: (no reason given)

They're all lined up outside scared beyond belief, that's exactly how I know it's planned. They have armored vehicles outside and small tanks but can't do anything. More pics in but won't post due to the T&C....sad!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

DeadSnow

Look at all that equipment! It was reported that they had AK47's as well as AR-15's (Good luck finding one out here), grenades and enough ammo to bring down a house.

All brought to you via the religion of peace.

I said, the religion of peace.

When will the world say enough?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Only 22? says the guy in the US

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Live stream BBC

2nd

edit: Rather a recap of the events that took place.
edit on 21-9-2013 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

How tragic,how terrible-this is very upsetting indeed-Kenyans are for the most part a decent wonderful people.I have known some extremely good+kind Muslim people-in primary shool my youngest gal had a Muslim best friend for years-and there's a musim couple in my town,myself+the woman like each other very much-she is one of the nicest,kindest people I have met,and super friendly and considerate.
In fact I have yet to meet a muslim person in this town who is not polite and friendly.My dentist is muslim,actually.

I feel badly for the sake of these kind+friendly muslim folks,with so many sharing their faith but through acts of violence+fanaticism casting suspicion on anyone of this religion,when the truth is that for every violent hatefilled fanatic,there is at Least one fine,wonderful,friendly,helpful+decent muslim person.
edit on 21-9-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

on tv nnow, scroll says 22 dead. There weas a childrens event going on in the mall, was a busy day there...americans were attacked according to the state department.

gunman shot, died of his wounds

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere
reply to post by UnBreakable

Religion is just the excuse. It's the desire to control others that drives the folks at the top who in turn use religion as a means to round up other petty psychopaths who desire power and control.

Islam isnt why they kill. It's what use to justify their killing. Replace it with Christianity, Buddhism or the Red Sox and it's all the same.

Same difference with cops. Instead of some god they use the law to justify getting their insecure rocks off by bashing in your head.

Funny thing is....taxpayers pay cops to do their "terror"....Government pays terrorists to terrorize their own people...*cough*9/11*cough*

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
BBC have updated total killed to 39.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
BBC saying the 'militants' are from Somalia and are Al Shabab / Al Queda ..... the same people we are arming in Syria.

The attackers are claiming they are avenging the attacks carried out by Kenyans.

Is the West going to support them and threaten to bomb Kenya, since the rebels are being subdued by the Kenyan Regime.

edit on 21-9-2013 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

bigyin
BBC saying the 'militants' are from Somalia and are Al Shabab / Al Queda ..... the same people we are arming in Syria.

The attackers are claiming they are avenging the attacks carried out by Kenyans.

Is the West going to support them and threaten to bomb Kenya, since the rebels are being subdued by the Kenyan Regime.

edit on 21-9-2013 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

Uh, we are not arming the militants that are linked with Al Shabab/Al Queda in Syria. We are arming the FSA rebels. They would be the guys currently fighting the Al Queda linked groups and Assad.

Threats were made that this would happen because of Kenyas role in Somalia helping squash the radicals along side Somali Gov, AU, Ethopiand forces supported by the French and US.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This is crazy!!

'Recite the Prayers or you will die'

I wonder if they could hear themselves how stupid they would think themselves???

I have to say that these 'Peaceful' Muslims need to stand up and do something because I can't see this thing ending.

It's pretty easy to walk into any shopping mall in any Country and do what this group have done... even with CCTV, its not going to stop a group of people who want to cause harm. Any Security Personnel wouldn't be able to stop a group either....

So, what can be done to stop people like this?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

TruthxIsxInxThexMist
This is crazy!!

'Recite the Prayers or you will die'

I wonder if they could hear themselves how stupid they would think themselves???

I have to say that these 'Peaceful' Muslims need to stand up and do something because I can't see this thing ending.

It's pretty easy to walk into any shopping mall in any Country and do what this group have done... even with CCTV, its not going to stop a group of people who want to cause harm. Any Security Personnel wouldn't be able to stop a group either....

So, what can be done to stop people like this?

The vast majority of the people fighting the radicals and dying doing so are other muslims. What more would you have them do.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Official statement said that the U.S would fully back the Kenyan Government, and that those that were responsible would be brought to justice.

I can't find the link to the statement but It was posted up on a government page, on Twitter or Facebook.

Edit: Reports from witnesses that were inside state that death tolls are higher than 50. Nearby hospitals are full of injured civilians and they're now being treated inside basements. Just goes to show how high the death toll could be.
edit on 21-9-2013 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

watching the 10 pm news, it is still going on...39 dead 150 injured (4 americans injured)......

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by research100

I'm watching the BBC world news right now as well and they just said that the gunmen are still active but they have them pinned down but they still have hostages.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join