It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undocumented LA County Parents On Pace To Receive $650M In Welfare Benefits

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Danny85
reply to post by Battleline

I'm English born and raised, and as i said before i understand where you might be coming from but the fact of the matter is that shouldn't tar everybody with the same brush; all im getting at is before you jump to conclusions find out the persons story, i know its really irritating when they come into your country or my country or another that they weren't born in but dont they deserve a chance, its not like they chose not to be born in the United States or England.

Don't the people who choose to immigrate legally deserve a chance or should they be pushed aside for the ones you seem to be defending as having more right to the dream then people who abide by laws.

Without laws we are in chaos ................but hay, the rest of the world didn't choose not to be born in England or the U.S., oh and by the way, everyone has a story tell they get what they want, that's why there is a legal proses................to check that story out .

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

You are right they all indeed have a story to tell and it might be helpful for the pro-illegals to actually speak with the illegals and hear those stories.

I had worked for many years at different places with illegals. Many had no sad starving stories about their home country, some were even overweight. Many had heard how much they get here by being illegal and take full advantage especially when having anchor babies.

Many save money from here and end up moving back to their own country. They have no desire whatsoever of becoming legal. Those that did want to stay said they just didn't feel like waiting the time to become legal so they pay for false documents and cut to the front of the line.

The children brought here through no fault of their own are constantly demanding rights. They get in state tuition to colleges saving thousands of dollars while our own kids can't afford to go to college. With limited seatings in colleges and illegal kids taking those seats, some citizen kids can't even take the classes they want.

It's just a mess and has been going on for too many years. You just can't ignore citizens and those coming here through proper channels and shove them aside while catering to the whims of and rewarding illegals. We don't get to pick and choose which laws to follow, neither should they. We don't get special treatments, niether should they.

That is where so much of the resentment builds against illegals. They break laws, get special treatment and demand rights and respect. Where is the respect for citizens and legal immigrants?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
You can all blame the progressive liberals. You can blame the conservatives. You can blame guns. You can blame whites and blacks. You can blame illegals. You can blame the Jews. In Nazi Germany people blamed each other for the perils of the nation. I would like to think we're better than that in America..

No doubt the system is broken but don't get into pettiness like "those people" "damn them illegals they're even fat" type nonsense.. Grow up..
edit on 19-9-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

It isn't petty to stick up for our citzens and those coming here legally. There are clearly double standards and unfairness and has been for many years.

America can't save the world, if we could, we would. If our own citizens of the USA were taken care of, if we didn't have millions of unemployed citizens, if we wern't trillions of dollars in debt etc, then there wouldn't be a problem. No one cares where someone is from or what color or race they are. All human beings deserve a decent life. We have too many falling through the cracks in our own Country while others are being catered to and cared for. That is a problem obviously.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Danny85

Yes they were founded with immigrants that were not depending of any welfare system for a free ride because it was none, they work hard and build empires, those empires now are the ones that runs the corporate dictatorship in the nation, that corporate dictatorship now uses illegals for their own benefits while drilling into us like you that the country was build by immigrants but now draining the working class to pay for their welfare. I am laughing my butt off at the rhetoric.

Yes this same immigrants that now are the descendants of the ones with power in this nation also run the government and help make the laws that specifically deals with illegal immigration and call them illegals.

I am still laughing.

edit on 19-9-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

you can't blame the illegals; they are just trying to have a better life. blame all of the companies that take advantage of them when they hire them under-the-table. illegals are just stray dogs ; keep feeding them and they will stay around. fine big business for hiring illegals , and they will have to move on

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

Really, so we cant blame the bank robbers, they were just too tempted with all that money just sitting in there...Come on, I 100% know the loopholes and laws need to be worked over. Stop any and all benefits the illegals have access to. But to say they should take no blame and they are innocent is very naive...They are choosing to break the law and take advantage and you know it.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

good point, but if there were no jobs for them here in the first place, where would they go Canada

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

i lived in Texas for years, there was a vacant lot in downtown Houston right next to the George R Brown convention center , you could go there and see hundreds of day laborers hanging out and truck after truck just coming to get them if no trucks came they would have to leave. i agree once they are here they work the system as much as possible only because we let them . if we busted the companies that hire them they would lose any monetary advantage to hiring illegals and would have to put people on the books

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

GuidedKill
Certain political groups will do anything for votes.....even let our country be invaded by illegal aliens. Why do you think the voter ID issues were such a big stink. They know there are at least 15-20 million votes they can swing their way by just providing a little GOV assistance for a vote.

Please list all the illegal voters that have cast a vote in say the last 20 years. Why be so angry about things you imagine or make up?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 1104light

How in the heck could anyone give a specific list of the illegals that vote when it is illegal to ask.

Anyway, we all know illegals can, and do, vote.

standwitharizona.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

So you knew a bunch of illegals that told you they come here, make some money, then decide they are all done making money and eventually go back home? Or are you saying that home is so great for them, they have no reason to come here, yet they do? I do not get your contradicting stories.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

i know some guys that are not illegal and are doing just that, they are building a huge house in their native country and as soon as they get what they feel is enough money they are going back. the us dollar goes very far in south America and the Caribbean

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

1104light
reply to post by Night Star

So you knew a bunch of illegals that told you they come here, make some money, then decide they are all done making money and eventually go back home? Or are you saying that home is so great for them, they have no reason to come here, yet they do? I do not get your contradicting stories.

Our money is worth so much more in their country. If they have a normal house or even renting, they can come here save for some time, return and have big farms or big houses on waterfront property. They know before coming here how easy it is to get a job and also work the system. These illegals love their home country and family there.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

Oh I missed your post. LOL Absolutely correct!!

The USA is being used by many illegals.
All you ever hear from the msm is how desperately poor illegals are. It costs these people money for passage, or false documents. Our poor people can't even afford to move out of their own neighborhoods.

I think what many people find upsetting is how an illegal will be here for a short time and end up with decent vehicals to drive, the latest and best cell phones, internet, big screen t.v.s etc. They get cheap housing, food stamps, medical and mostly through deciet. Like the women who work while their husbands work under the table and they claim they are a one income household. Though they are above the poverty limit, they are collecting benefits. And here we have so many citizens who may make one damned dollar over the poverty limit and can't get any help. That dollar can't even buy a loaf of bread. If they have thousands of dollars in medical bils...well, good luck!

We do have illegals who want to stay and are just waiting for the next amnesty. The last amnesty brought millions more illegals. That's more jobs taken away from citizens.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

PlatinumShatinum

How in the heck could anyone give a specific list of the illegals that vote when it is illegal to ask.

Anyway, we all know illegals can, and do, vote.

standwitharizona.com...

Your article does not back up what you claim. It does not show me how many illegals voted. If you do not know whether or not any are, how can you claim that they are?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

jed001

i know some guys that are not illegal and are doing just that, they are building a huge house in their native country and as soon as they get what they feel is enough money they are going back. the us dollar goes very far in south America and the Caribbean

Why did they come here in the first place?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Night Star
Our money is worth so much more in their country. If they have a normal house or even renting, they can come here save for some time, return and have big farms or big houses on waterfront property. They know before coming here how easy it is to get a job and also work the system. These illegals love their home country and family there.

So how much money do they come here to make before leaving for good?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

1104light

Night Star

So how much money do they come here to make before leaving for good?

I have no idea what the exchange rate is or how much they save before leaving. It was years ago since I have conversed with them. I know numbers were thrown around but didn't pay much attention. All I know is that they get a hell of a lot more with our money in their country.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

1104light

jed001

Why did they come here in the first place?

To get the money to build the huge house in their own country. Our money is worth so much more in some countries. They come here and make their american dollars and the exchange rate in their country makes it worth a lot more.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join