It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undocumented LA County Parents On Pace To Receive $650M In Welfare Benefits

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Sorry, but After working with and getting to know so many illegals for over 30 years, I have yet to meet an actual refugee. Most of these folks are no poorer than the poor folks we have here. Most were better off than our poor people here. They paid money to get here, paid for stolen identites, paid for fraudulent documents, saved money and returned well off back in their own countries...
The women worked and their spouses worked under the table, but they claimed a one income household and recieved benefits when in actuality they were well above the poverty limit.

We have areas in some cities where children can't play in their own yards lest they get shot. We have gangs and pedophiles and druggies and whatever else. We have had elderly people get mugged in broad daylight, one stabbed in the back and crippled for life, shot, etc. No matter where you live, unless you are rich and can afford to live in a safe place, there is crime and fear. Pro illegal folks will only look at the illegal and what is in his or her best interest and completely ignore the fact that we have our own struggling, suffering and frightened people right here.

With millions of un-employed, it is essential that our citizens get jobs to care for their families, not an illegal foreigner. If you feel an illegal's welfare is more important than a country's own citizens, that is your perogative. I will always disagree.

If the USA could take care of its own and everyone else around the world, what a beautiful world that would be. Truth is, our illegals are better looked after than our own citizens. That is neither fair nor right. Treat everyone the same and that would certainly be a different story now wouldn't it?

The anti-illegal folks have nothing against race or color or culture as Americans have always been a mixtre of all of these. They do however care that special groups are catered to and all their needs are met while our own citizens are falling through the cracks.
edit on 22-9-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

By your logic I can sell crack. As long as the money is for good, such as paying bills for a place to live and food on the table it ok, right? I mean, crack is "illegal" but im selling it to get a better life so its ok. Correct?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

kimish

By your logic I can sell crack. As long as the money is for good, such as paying bills for a place to live and food on the table it ok, right? I mean, crack is "illegal" but im selling it to get a better life so its ok. Correct?

We're not supposed to even call illegals 'illegal'. So what should we call a bank robber: financially challenged?
We call undocumented immigrants illegal because they broke the law getting here, broke the law either stealing identities, over staying a visa or using fruadulent documents. Many break the law by working under the table and failing to pay taxes.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Night Star

kimish

We're not supposed to even call illegals 'illegal'. So what should we call a bank robber: financially challenged?
We call undocumented immigrants illegal because they broke the law getting here, broke the law either stealing identities, over staying a visa or using fruadulent documents. Many break the law by working under the table and failing to pay taxes.

And the founding fathers of the US broke the law and were criminals by the law of the time. It's all perpective.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

so; what is your perspective

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Comparing today to when the "Founding Fathers" found america is like comparing an apple to a moth, you just can't do it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join