It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RE: Navy yard mass shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Alexis illegally acquired the 9mm and AR-15 by murdering a DC police officer, and used them illegally in a place where it's illegal to have them.

Oh .. yeah ... and Alexis was killed by the good guys with guns.

Yeah. More laws will most certainly do the trick.

edit on 16-9-2013 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

BubbaJoe
I seriously hate to agree with the hard core gun guys, but in this case I have to agree, in the military for seven years, and only held a firearm one time on base.

Why is it a gun free zone on base? I still do not understand why a combat pilot can zip through the air at mach 4 armed with a nuke, but can't carry a sidearm on base

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Ahhh such love from the gun nuts of ATS..

I still stand by what I say..gun nuts and the NRA are responsible for the mass shootings. They continue to fight any reasonable gun laws and then act shocked when someone takes advantage of the weak gun laws that are still to harsh for gun nuts and the NRA.

Also who freaking cares if this thread got any flags...
I`m not posting to for approval.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

He walked into a gun store and purchased a 6 shot pump-action shotgun. The 2 9mm handguns were taken after he killed the security guards, there was no AR15 used. He was on a "gun free" zone ie military base. Now explain what "common sense" law that would've stopped this nutbag.

You have no answers for any of the points brought up by the ATS members who responded to your asinine thread so you chose to ignore them, you are intellectually and mentally stunted.
edit on 17-9-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

I still stand by what I say..gun nuts and the NRA are responsible for the mass shootings. They continue to fight any reasonable gun laws and then act shocked when someone takes advantage of the weak gun laws that are still to harsh for gun nuts and the NRA.

Connect the dots.

I'm not following your logic.

How was the NRA responsible for the shootings?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
For all those pro gunners who claimed when sandy hook happened, that if everyone was armed it would not have taken place?

Does this incident prove that more guns do not mean safer environment? And these were trained professionals..do you still believe that arming teachers would have prevented anything?

By the way...this is your great second amendment at work...good job NRA and gun nuts. Put another mass shooting on you guys.

Actually, this proves the exact opposite--that if only the police and military are armed we would be safe is completely untrue. This was a gun free zone with armed guards within a gun free zone with armed guards within a city that has some of the most, if not THE most, gun control in the country.

In the Navy yard, only law enforcement personnel on duty and the security force are permitted guns. Everyone else is disarmed from the civilian contractor that empties the garbage to the Chief of Naval Operations. Even the security guards are unarmed when not on duty and check their weapons in and out of the armory as they come on and off duty. This is a prime example of disarming the law abiding just makes them helpless victims and an example of you don't know what you are talking about.
edit on 17-9-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Because the NRA fights gun laws, which allows people to buy the guns that weren't used in this shooting. Therefore the NRA is responsible for all gun violence in the US, including suicides.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
You really don't care for facts when you've got ignorance and delusion to fuel a thought, do you?

The shooter PASSED a background check to get his clearance, he PASSED a background check to get his concealed carry permit, and he used GOVERNMENT-owned guns!

Even if the public was 100% dis-armed, this would've happened anyway.

But that doesn't fit your "story," does it?

This thread should be flushed just like what it really is.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by beezzer

Because the NRA fights gun laws, which allows people to buy the guns that weren't used in this shooting. Therefore the NRA is responsible for all gun violence in the US, including suicides.

What?
Your ignorant and delusional rant makes no sense. How can you blame one entire organization for every single gun related death ever committed by mentally unstable, disgruntled, and generally insane persons? Do you not think that banning firearms would only create a black market for them, and BAM! Only "bad guys" who have no qualms about breaking laws have firearms.

Beyond that, crazy people are crazy. If they wanna go out and murder people, they will find a way. Period.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Slinki

I'm not the one that said it. I simply interpreted what the OP meant for someone that asked. That also wasn't a rant by any means.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I love the way you defend your post by calling people names.

The only reason you started this thread was to troll, I can never understand the purpose of this.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

These are facts:

"every public shooting since at least 1950 in the U.S. in which more than three people have been killed has taken place where citizens are not allowed to carry guns." The answer is simple. Murderers pick places where they know their victims will be unarmed. It's time we debate having concealed carry on military bases.

After all, there's no evidence showing that firearms owners are more irresponsible than the police, as Wall Street Journal columnist John Fund noted back in December of 2012: "According to a 2005 to 2007 study by researchers at the University of Wisconsin and Bowling Green State University, police nationwide were convicted of firearms violations at least at a 0.002 percent annual rate. That's about the same rate as holders of carry permits in the states with 'shall issue' laws."

Source

This is a father of a son who is a Marine stationed at the Navy Yard where the shooting took place:

"My son was at Marine Barracks -- at the Navy Yard yesterday - and they had weapons with them, but they didn't have ammunition. And they said, 'We were trained, and if we had the ammunition, we could've cleared that building.' Only three people had been shot at that time, and they could've stopped the rest of it."

Interview

Now counter these points I listed in your thread or go away.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

Hey, I know ... why don't we make murder illegal

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Common sense litmus test: if you had a gun, and someone started shooting, would you shoot back?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Uh oh.

Game.

Set.

Match.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Care to make a bet on that?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Well, the OP could come in and pretend like the game isn't over.....

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Yawn I made my point and I stand by it..obviously the gun nuts do not like it but who cares, they didn't care when kids were shot up and they won't care no matter the person.

One poster proved my point here..he passed the background tests..etc...that's my point..anyone could pass the weak background checks but even though they are weak...they are still too harsh for you.

There is no talking sense to you people..if a Texan agrees with you then I have already won..after all they are not the smartest of the Americans..

edit on 18-9-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

You've been made a fool of. Sorry but that's what happens when you have no logical point of view. My last post in this pathetic thread good luck in your abyss.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Aww.thanks..hug?

Actually it is the gun nuts who continue to make fools of themselves...fighting every rational gun law that makes it harder to prohibit the mentally ill or criminal from owning a gun. Screaming it is an infringement about rights. Keep fighting and more people will die..sooner or later the majority will not be brain dead fools stuck in the past and will have enough of the mass shootings and will agree that even stricter gun laws are the way to go.

It works in Canada...and that is my win for strict gun laws.

But hey keep calling me a fool...as you will soon see..people will get tired of these mass shootings and will call for and win the majority vote for stricter gun laws. It is only a matter of time. People can only take so much.

If America is smart it will evolve and stop living in the past. Your archaic document will soon run it's course and will be updated to deal with the issues of the day. They change it from time to time because the minority become the majority sooner or later. Live with it and deal with it...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join