It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Yard Shooting Reported almost 9 hours BEFORE the Event?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hey guys,

A friend of mine posted this to his facebook and I felt it was worthy to point out here and see what you all thought of it.

Kelow na Daily Courier

The time stamp on the page was what he found interesting:

Police, FBI: Shooter reported in military building at Washington Navy Yard; multiple victims

SUNDAY, 15 SEPTEMBER 2013 23:31 ERIC TUCKER AND BRETT ZONGKER, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

If there is a way to determine the authenticity of this article, I'd be interested to see it, otherwise this shooting was reported several hours before it occurred.

What do you guys think?
edit on 9/16/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: title edit

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

What I see is 11:35 at night is that right this is military time 2300 is 11 at night 0100 is one in the morning

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Wow, if this were true......

Truth is, it is probably some error in the system.

Await official explanantion, in 1, 2 3 weeks.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

It's probably server time or in some cases you can put any time you want in CMS.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Tracey369 mentioned this in the other thread, linked the courier and ABC sites. Here are screenshots for everyone to get.

I honestly don't know what to think anymore. I blame it on Hollywood.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

It is going to be blown off as some error in the system, the question is has this been happening on their other articles? If not, then why this one? There are too many of these odd things around the traumatic events. The Sandy Hook memorial pages up days before the event, the charities set up for the sandy hook children before it happened. Now, this early post? We will just have to see what happens, but we know AR-15, high capacity magazines, veterans, and gun ownership is going to be the target of this.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

digital01anarchy

What I see is 11:35 at night is that right this is military time 2300 is 11 at night 0100 is one in the morning

Yes, exactly.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I haven't really been on the other thread, and there was no thread for the topic, but regardless, it's interesting.

It may be put down to server time or whatever, as the other poster mentioned, but that would also seem rather convenient an explanation in any event.

Most likely, this will be corrected quietly and ignored outright rather than addressed publicly.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Now what is exactly the probability of TWO different news papers with server errors? Or the time was "Just Off"??

Food for thought

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

UnifiedSerenity

We will just have to see what happens, but we know AR-15, high capacity magazines, veterans, and gun ownership is going to be the target of this.

I was wondering the same exact thing while the event was unfolding. I figured that since they made a big deal out of the shooter supposedly wearing fatigues would direct undue attention towards militia groups and gun owners.

The facts of the case so far are (as expected) sketchy at best.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

certainly is interesting. I was going to say something about maybe they're using military 'zulu' time (Greenwich Mean Time), but that would make it even earlier not later.

Puzzling

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Easy way to solve this.

Is there ANY threads from 9 - 1 hour before the tragic event pointing out a strange MSM source indicating a shooting at the Navy Yard where us arm chair investigators are scratching our heads saying, Huh, everything is calm and quiet at that location. Any, no?

Relax MSM just hoaxed alternative news sources and conspiracy theorists. Or a conspiracy theorist hoaxed their own community. If not, somewhere one of the conspiracy or alter active news sites should have reports of the strange story existent in their threads before the tragedy began - right?

CdT

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
" Appearing on “This Week With George Stephanopoulos,” Obama insisted 90
percent of Americans support gun control but that a “faction of the
Republican Party” prevented Democrats from passing anti-Second Amendment
legislation.
Obama Speaks the words Gun Control and the next day 3 shooters start shooting up a Navy Shipyard "

Can you say .............Another Staged False Flag ? I can......

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

so...just to clarify, you're saying "hoax" is the only possible explanation? no that's not at all accurate. this has happened several times in the past with events like this. we're paying attention now. they're pre-planned and somebody screwed up releasing the information early.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

occrest

Tracey369 mentioned this in the other thread, linked the courier and ABC sites. Here are screenshots for everyone to get.

I honestly don't know what to think anymore. I blame it on Hollywood.

The second photo is all screwed up with the posting date as the 15th, while the story itself refers to the shooting happening on the 16th - with a couple inches, at most, between the two impossibly conflicting dates. Some idiot obviously screwed with the posting and suckered you into thinking it indicates anything at all. Just what TPTB - if such powers did exist - would love to see. The "conspiracy class" acting like ridiculous children and chasing ludicrous fantasies. Wake up and stop fueling their fire for them.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Things are quite strange, the posts on this thread are showing to be in the future also. I am 1 day and 12 hrs ahead of those posters in the US yet it shows that your posts are in my future time ie 8:55 am Sept. 17 and local here is 8:35 am Sept. 17. Though in actuality it is the 16 of Sept. in the US 8:35 pm. I suspect that it's just server error as even ATS used to show proper time in relation to location. Someone has altered the time stamps via GMT without location correction. With this happening all time stamps via the Internet should be suspect as they may not be accurate.

Interesting, my post is stamped at Sept. 17 10:03 am and it is only 9:04 am, hmmmmm
edit on 9/16/2013 by pstrron because: Add comment

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

No, I'm saying it's a tactic used to discredit those of us in circles such as ATS. If it wasn't - show me the thread pointing out THIS story existing before the event took place. Any thread anywhere saying - what the heck? Nothings happening out at the naval yard...

Because I'm telling you right now - that's too juicy an anomoly not to point out to the CT crowd immediately when it's discovered. Where are those threads? Not even just here, but anywhere? It didn't show up until after. Common sense dictates either MSM is hoaxing CT's or one of our own is hoaxing us for gratification of their own ego and amusement.

It's just my opinion. Your free to disagree and take this in your mind where ever you wish.

Of course, it may just be an error. Still doesn't change the fact, CT'ers picked it up and ran with it.

CdT
edit on 16-9-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: added thought

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
i have been aware of this since years but nobody would listen to me that is what took me to a.t.s but lately a lot of those strange time anomolies are showing up sandy hook syria now this see my thread 9-11 what time did you hear about it something is way wrong people

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos
I haven't really been on the other thread, and there was no thread for the topic, but regardless, it's interesting.

It may be put down to server time or whatever, as the other poster mentioned, but that would also seem rather convenient an explanation in any event.

Most likely, this will be corrected quietly and ignored outright rather than addressed publicly.

This interests me, a great deal. Perhaps, we are seeing time slips in real time......

I am focusing on your intimation of "server time...." as how else do we know these days what time it is? Anyone think about that, really. It used to be based on a radioactive decay of matter, time. Nowadays, really, it's based on your internet server.
Tetra50

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Here's a youtube video with someone giving a commentary on the articles.

Unless someone can put them on a server or has a google cache of them, it might come in handy after the articles "you're searching for can no longer be found":

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join