It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Sphinx a Cherubim ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The Sphinx easily predates Judiasm dont believe me here check this out
Age of Sphinx
Judaism

It is possible that a common history linking biblical stories with ancienct egypt, ancient in terms of prior to the building of the Sphinx. Though I do not know of any specific myth that links Cherubim mythos with Egyptian history, especialy none prior to the building of the Sphinx. If a link between the two cultures can be found which predates the construction of the Sphinx it would open a whole new chapter in Judaic-Christian beliefs as well as the history of Egypt.

All that you read is not always factual. I could say that the earth is One Zillion years old, does that make it true ? How can you prove me wrong ?

Deny Ignorance? I'm sorry but completely denying the existance of historical records and proven scientifc study is plain ignorance.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flange Gasket
The Sphynx is an allegory of the cusp of Virgo (the virgin) and Leo (the Lion) and was built before the Hebrew bible was written...

~~~~~~~~~

yes, thats about the jist of what i was going to submit:

````
there is/was a connection (i forget how) that the Sphinx is
is 'outside' of, or straddleing the line of a 'global triangle'
home.hiwaay.net...

(Sphinx) is also at the crossing point (intersecting) the
greater 'galactic triangle'....and the creature represents
the linking of the beginning and end of the earths
precessional cycle thru the constellations...
www.calendersign.ric.at...

that is just one-or-two of the sites on the journey--
a bit here, a bit there, a best-guess here, a best-guess there.....

~^~

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Actually, the Sphynx isn't an "allegory". Those are Roman constellations; not Egyptian ones. The patterns that the Egyptian saw in the stars were different than the Roman ones.

And the Sphynx was built before Rome became a dominant power. The constellations refer to Roman myths; not the myths of Egypt, the Middle East, etc.

Lastday, it doesn't matter how hard you try to turn the Great Pyramid and Sphynx into something Judaic, it simply won't happen. Your attempts to turn the Great Pyramid into a Temple of Solomon aren't working.

You can believe if you like, but every time you advance that theory it's going to get whacked off at the knees by hard evidenc.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Byrd, I have more proof that the Pyramid is not Egyptian, than anyone can provide that it is. too many discrepancies and things that just do not add up, one being we still have egyptians today, how come they know nothing and don't have a clue ? the jews can trace their history back thousands of years, if the egyptians were so smart how come they can't ?

No scientist can for a certainty date anything over three thousand years ago, "carbon dating" ? how can you verify that it is accurate ? it is only a theory, it is not "Absolute" All the different forms of dating cannot be verified. Scientist say the earth is 50 million, 2 trillion, 5 zillion years old, I could pick a number too, how do you verify it. You can't, it's just a number they throw out in the air and we are so gullible to believe it, "Not Me", it takes a lot more than a number thrown out by a scientist. None of them were here 10 thousand years ago and there are no records dated 10 thousand years ago, so where is the "Proof" ?

I would really like to reopen my discussion about the Pyramid, but I don't know if it would be allowed.

As far as the Sphinx being a Cherubim, I know what it is and actually could care less what you believe, the truth will come out soon.

"IF" the Great Pyramid was built to bury a King, something is wrong, "Where Is His Body" ? there is no indication whatsoever that anybody was ever buried in the Great Pyramid. What a joke that has been played on those that believe that "LIE" Where is the Kings Body ? All the trouble they went through and no "BODY" what a joke. Also, not "ONE" spec of embalming material or utensils whatsover was ever found in the Great Pyramid, Nothing. And the historical documents verify this.

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Lastday Prophet]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
... not Egyptian ones. The patterns that the Egyptian saw in the stars were different than the Roman ones.

And the Sphynx was built before Rome became a dominant power. The constellations refer to Roman myths; not the myths of Egypt, the Middle East, etc

true enough, at least at the quick glance...
however, i had in the back of my mind this little info blurb
about 'constellations' and each culture and society generating their own,

xoomer.virgilio.it...
(then click- in the left side menu: LEO ) as this is relevent to sphinx!

speaking of LEO; "its origin is attributed to the Sumerians by some people
that called it UR.GU.LA, from others instead to the Egyptians.
In fact many lions went to the valley of the Nile just in Solstice days to excape drought, when the beneficial river burst its banks; so Leo became the symbol of the Triform Numen's descent in horo, and the divine Sun that nourished the Cosmos and made the water level of the beneficial Nile rise.
In Egypt in fact, was born the symbolism that associated the source of
water or the abundance of wine with the lion,"
etc etc...

so the roman, adopted constellation Leo, had its origin in Egyptian antiquity,....the article continues with how many italian/roman fountains have water flowing from Lions mouths.

on the face of it Byrd, you are correct, but not completely truthful
...like i said, the long winding path about the sphinx is pieced from many little shards, here & there....perhaps even some of the 'evidence' in support of my POV might be distained by the learned, tenured, in academia, but that they can wrestle with...not i

*well- thats (a part of) the hind end of the Sphinx, you wanna dig up on the front/head end?

^*^

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Was watching a documentary on the Sphinx today and a interesting revelation came to me.
The reason why the nose was chopped of the Sphinx is because it revealed it's true identity to be of Divine Origin. The nose didn't simply fall off, it was broken why?
Why would the Egyptians allow it to happen and further, why would anyone break it unless they were trying to hide something ?
What did the nose reveal that they did not want the world to see?
If it was a typical Egyptian nose no one would bother, it had to be something else.

Another point, If the Pyramid and the Sphinx were Egypts Crowning Glory, how come there are no artifacts that contain the face of the Sphinx to be found anywhere in Egypt ? there are many of other Sphinx but no small replicas of the Great Sphinx were ever found to my knowledge.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Honestly please stop with your "theory", Normally I hold other peoples theorys in a respective light even if I don't agree with them. But you are making it very hard for me and others to take you seriously when you call the great pyramid the temple of solomon.

Oh and one of my guardians(Astral Projection related) wants me to tell you to ask your local priest/reverend/minister(whatever) why hasn't your god payed my guardian for the bet your god lost over 3 years agos.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by IndianaJoe
Dosn't the the Sphinx by the most conservative estimations of its age easily predate the storys of the old testament. If the sphinx predates Judeo-Christian lore than it is most likely not conncected to Cherubim. Correct me if i'm wrong but dosn't Egypt outdate Judiasm therefore it would make sense that the Old Testament is somewhat moot in examining the architecture of ancient Egypt.
it is not that the predates Judean lore (latter of the hypenated) it is that Egyptian lore in general is older, for a reason.

The folklore all share commonality.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
They have said that the face of the Sphinx is that of Khufu.

The problem with this theory is that they have statues of other Egyptian Kings but none have the body of a lion.
Why change the pattern ?

Another failed attempt to suggest that the Egyptains built the Sphinx and Great Pyramid.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The Hebrews share common folklore with the Egyptions, because as the Hebrews went to Goshen in Egypt for 'want of food' as mentioned in the annals of Rameses II . Joseph (Yuya) was Grosvenor of Egypt in 1415BC under Tuthmosis IV, and his son Amenhotep III married Joseph's daughter Tiye, Their son Prince Aminadab, became the Pharoah Ankhenaten, who ended up being exiled with his followers to Sinai for preaching monotheism to the polytheistic Egyptians.

From the Egyptian, Meses as in Rameses, or Mosis as in Tuthmosis, meaning son/heir, the Hebrews knew Ankhenaten as Moses...

So it's hardly surprising Hebrew folklore has been influenced by the Egyptians.

[edit on 23-11-2004 by Flange Gasket]

[edit on 24-11-2004 by Flange Gasket]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flange Gasket
The Hebrews share common folklore with the Egyptions, because as the

They share common folklore with the Egyptians because they are Egyptians.

One line answer so I preserve same thusly.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
this is a little un-related, but still about the sphynx. Has anyone ever noticed how badly weathered the body is, but how smooth and detailed the head still is? There are theories that the head was actually the head of a lion, but Khufu had it re-carved in his image, which would explain the lack of weathering (comparitively) on the head compared to the body, especially if you consider the fact that for many years, the head was the only thing visible. If anything, the head should be more weathered than the body.

Just an observation.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Everyone has made very good arguements, but to the original poster, I ask, if you had an answer for certain, to what end would it be used? In other words, what would be the point of knowing?

This is not intended as a flame or any such thing, but rather a serious question of "is there a link between two things you are trying to piece together, and if so, how does the answer, positive or negative, resolve the link?"

Otherwise it's little more than time-passing speculation.

Cherubim (the plural of Cherub) have been described as early as the Garden of Eden. Though folkloric creatures, demons, angels, and gods are repeatedly and often the subject of historic sculpture, I am a bit doubtful that the Sphinx is a Cherub, as Egypt practiced a different religion at the time, and had their own pantheon. But I won't rule out the possibility. What I'm really curious about, though, is why would it matter?

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It certainly is not Khufu, since when did Khufu have the body of a lion ?
Further, it is not a sculpture of any earthly creature. It either is a Alien (which I do not believe in) or a Angelic Being.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Bryd is pretty spot-on with her comments.
Also, my understanding is that when statues were carved and then deemed "cherubim," that they were made in pairs (one "cherubim" is accompanied by another). I have read this theory of the Sphinx being deemed a possible "cherubim,' but even the psuedo-historian's and archeologists assert the same, that "cherubim's" normally come in pairs.

seekerof

[edit on 24-11-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
My belief is that there were 26 such cherubims, I would agree with you in that it does appear to be a bit odd that there is only one, they took the time to build three Pyramids, why only One Sphinx ?

The point that the nose was removed to me suggests that there was something very revealing about the nose that they did not want us to see..

If the nose was not like a normal nose it would have revealed it's origin to be "Devine" Why else would it be removed ?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I believe that since the Sphinx predates the Jewish and Christian religions, especially if you believe Plato, Edgar Cayce, and many prominent geologists. The idea of the Cherub may have been inspired by the Sphinx. They are represented in different formats, including having the body of a lion. Ancient cultures typically held beliefs in mythological creatures that contained both human and animal features. I believe that the Sphinx could have been the inspiration for some of the half-man, half-beast creatures in the ancient cultures of this area.

I also believe what Blind had to say about the Sphinx head being reshaped. The head is out of proportion with the rest of the body. Even with wings, the head would still be out of proportion. It is not out of the realm of possibility that an early pharaoh had the head reshaped to represent himself or a son (since they were believed to be gods themselves).

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Since when does a Pharaoh have a body of a Lion and a Tail ? The Great Sphinx is not a statue of any Pharaoh.

If you think of the proportion of a Birds Head to it's Body, It would be the same if the Sphinx still had it's wings.

There are many statues and paintings of Sphinx with wings, so it would not be unusual for the Great Sphinx to have had wings.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I can't think of anybody else it could be. If anybody would have their face carved on the Sphinx it would be the Pharaoh, especially if they carved over the original face of the monument.

I believe that it could of had wings, I won't dispute that, but the proportions are not right. The head is way to small for the size of the body.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Interesting Sphinx link...www.nmia.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join