It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEPCO Official: Fukushima is Out of Control

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

To be honest I suffered from horrible nightmares upon waking this morning most probably from this thread, it affects me deeply. I cannot imagine sticking my head in the sand and buying the official story if I was in this situation, nor can I imagine without nightmares what the 'reality' of knowing that your pets, your children, your family and loved ones are radiated and only time will tell how long they will suffer and then die. In my dream it was too much, too surreal having to watch as my pets came crawling up to me too ill to walk, and then the gut wrenching feeling of having to go and talk to my children.

The irresponsibility is pure evil, this is not a local challenge it is a global one and if people think that it is a case of oh well, it does not affect me personally so I will just ignore it, it will soon be in their own backyard, as in my dream, Raining Down Upon Their Heads!

Everything that happens in today's theater is a test plot for future worldwide terror and destruction. Whether you get your truth through religion, spirituality or any other human dogma, or prophecy, the golden future that was our potential is becoming dimmer by the day. Like Led Zepplin wrote long ago, "If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you..." so at this point love, good vibes, peaceful protest, is not enough. Think about it, if every conscious human being worldwide said all at once "ENOUGH!!!" that would be the ONLY way to save us now, and the separatism, the geographical intolerance is too strong to over come even saving us at this point. Haters could not put down their weakness for even one moment to unite and say ENOUGH!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

amurphy245
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I may be wrong here but this whole disaster can be attributed to the fact that the backup generators failed causing a meltdown,the design of the plant and its placement could have prevented the disaster from happening in the first place,a small price to pay looking back now.

Having the backup generators underground right next to the ocean was total idiocy and should have been foreseen as a problem,clearly tepco weren't taking nuclear power safety seriously that's why they closed the rest of the nuclear plants to make them safe.
You're right.

Tepco's own scientists and engineers warned of this disaster 2 years before it happened, and 2 years was adequate time to re-locate the backup generators, but Tepco chose to ignore their own people's warning and just pray instead the disaster they warned of wouldn't happen.

solveclimatenews.com...

The three-page report said Tepco had failed to heed warnings by government experts and its own scientists of the possibility of waves big enough to breach the plant's 5.7-meter protective wall.

Once it happened, there was not much more they could have done. But they did have about 2 years beforehand to prevent the meltdowns, and TEPCO's management should feel responsible for not acting appropriately during those 2 years they had to act, after they were warned about the problem, by their own people.

The other thing TEPCO did wrong was to lower the bluffs at the construction site to build everything so close to sea level. The other plant which was closer to the earthquake (Onagawa) didn't lower the bluffs like TEPCO did af Fukushima Daiichi, but built on the higher embankment, thanks to the insistence of the executive in charge of the construction project, so it was much better protected from the sea, being so much higher above sea level.

www.reuters.com...

the Onagawa plant stayed out of the tsunami's reach thanks to the foresight of a past executive at operator, Tohoku Power Electric Co, who insisted on building the plant on an embankment much higher than was thought necessary.
So, they had a safer place to put their backup generators, on the higher embankment, but the whole plant was better protected also, at the higher elevation.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
To get the latest news on Fukushima I recommend

ENENews

Especially Arnie Gundersen, Fairewinds Energy Education, his reports are the best independent sources you can find. And he is sadly right from the beginning!

Fukushima is slowly but constantly poisoning the whole globe and nothing will stop it!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Brucee

To get the latest news on Fukushima I recommend
ENENews

You must be kidding. The owner of the site has zero knowkedge of nuclear reactors or nuclear science, and only prints articles that are the most sensationalist, fear mongering tripe I have ever seen. Theare are no scientists working for him, there is no peer review, and he will not allow posts that give any other scientific descriptions of what is really happening. Before enenews the guy was, and maybe still is, an ambulance chaser, a rather shady lawyer, which is why he will not publicize who he is or his qualifications to even talk about Fukushima. I suspect you must have ties to him somehow.

Fukushima is slowly but constantly poisoning the whole globe and nothing will stop it!

Maybe you write script for him?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

I see this as a defining moment in human history in that if people are ignoring this situation in Japan thinking it will fix its self eventually like Chernobyl then that would be the most extreme incompetence a species could exhibit.

On the other hand if someone out there has an idea on how to fix this then the fact they have not stepped up and done so is even more extreme.

Point being this will not go away or dissipate, it is a world killer from all accounts that I can see............please correct me if I am wrong but not without some explanation as to why and if you can do that then I suggest you tell everyone what you know and why you have waited tell now to do so.

As far as the Olympics in 2020, who the hell would attend ?? Look at what it has done in two years, what do you think it will be like in Japan with another 7 years of this.............I doubt they will have a drinkable water table .

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

They've been finding cesium in Tokyo for over a year. Why Japan was picked for the Olympics is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by suz62

Like I said "defining moment in human history" this kind of denial will only awaken people like you , me and others that can deal with the realism of what is transpiring with this catastrophic event...........oddly enough, there are not many of us.

That being said I am not fool enough to think that the elitists (Rothschild's, Rockefellers, Bilderberg group) will not come out with a GREAT discovery that neutralizer's radiation in any form. This like all there controlling games will pass...............eventually .

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I've been wondering the same thing for awhile now.. I'm also wondering about the comet ISONs approach. No updates or new photos. Have an uneasy feeling. These situations would explain the ridiculous charades happening in Syria.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by imod02

Obama will announce he is going to bomb it soon and it will get more MSM attention.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Holy crap people. Typhoon to hit Fukushima in the next few hours. winds up to 90 km/h. seas up to 6-8 mts. Here is the camera for the site. it's moving already.

www.tepco.co.jp...

say your prayers for all of humanity.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Mclaneinc

What I can't believe is the arrogance of building such building in the ultra close proximity of the sea, didin't anyone in Japan, one of the largest area's for strong earthquakes not think "hey maybe we think its earthquake proof but lets make it in land just in case".

Nuclear reactors require massive amounts of water to cool. Fresh water - as salt water corrodes the works. But it a pinch and as a last resort - salt water will do.

All reacters are next to large bodies of water.

In So Cal - San Onofre is right on the beach - no breakwater or anything other then the containment buildings themselves to protect the surrounding enviornment from a Fukushima type event. Studpidity is the First, Second and Last Names of the Nuclear Industry. Fortunately, San Onofre is closed and, powers willing, will remain so. Now the spent fuel - there is no place for that to go - so - a disaster is still very possible.

Someone asked about 'missing fuel rods'. There are not missing. The plan is to remove the spent rods - those in cooling ponds and move them else where. It's very dangerous primarily because of the unknown condition of those pools and rods and any error in procedure could initiate a criticality in a very short period of time. I'll look for some more info on that - the specifics of this 'plan' as soon as I can and post what I find.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

28% Increase In Thyroid Problems In Babies Born After Fukushima
www.washingtonsblog.com

Growing Epidemic Of Thyroid Cancers And Fukushima Fallout
smilesnotbombs.wordpress.com

Why Are So Many People Getting Thyroid Disease?
thyroid.about.com

Thyroid Abnormalities Found in Children Downwind from Fukushima ...
ecowatch.com/2013/thyroid-abnormalities-fukushima/‎

PLUS JUST TURN ON YOUR TV. Now there are big PHARMA DRUGS going on the market in anticipation of all the millions of people who still have not realized why their body is FAILING.

Maybe learn how to use google eh?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

suz62
reply to post by Battleline

They've been finding cesium in Tokyo for over a year. Why Japan was picked for the Olympics is beyond me.

They find Cesium all around the Globe thanks to the Nuclear Tests
as well as the Chernobyl Disaster, Turkye with Istanbul was hit hard
in that Days.

I do not saw any dangerous Amounts of Cesium here in Tokyo
in 2012 and 2013!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

It seems to me that Apathy and greed are allowing for the eventual destruction of this world! None of us seems to want to change things, at least not enough to sacrifice for this change! Maybe it's just that those that really do care feel humanity is unworthy for the sacrifice of those individuals but what about the rest of the earths ecosystem?
Do these beings really deserve the suffering we humans inflict upon them? This makes me think about the movie
by M. Night Shyamalan called "The Happening" where nature fights back! I am starting to think this could be the
best thing that could happen to this world! When Humanity no longer is Humane then we become worse than
the lowest form of parasite imaginable! We have no right to the beauty that is the Earth! We lose our humanity
because of the lack of respect we have, the apathy we carry and the ignorance we wield like a sword of decadence! Unknown is the effect any of this is having on ourselves and our ecosystem! Do we still have the right to be apex predator of this magnificent world or should this be Usurped by nature or God?
If we fail to protect that which supports us and wait until we can no longer ignore the destruction we inflicted
on Gaia then it will already be to late to change~

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

It's all gonna be fine.

edit on 16-9-2013 by kusmanklute because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This radiation is a slow kill that is speeding up. Expert say the radiation will be ten times more along the West Coast Of North America than it is in Japan.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

StopThaZionistWorldOrder
This radiation is a slow kill that is speeding up. Expert say the radiation will be ten times more along the West Coast Of North America than it is in Japan.

Who said so, who is "the Expert"?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
That's what you get when you buy reactors designed by GE, build them on the beach, on top of a fault zone, in a country famous for Earthquakes and Volcanic activity. Nuclear power is extremely safe and efficient when you do it right and you don't us GE as a contractor! But if you want to worry about radioactive material leaking into the Pacific Ocean, you should check out Johnston Atoll. Now that's SCARY! it makes Fukushima look like a defective microwave oven by comparison. And you can thank Uncle Sam for that! Johnston Atoll = pandora's box if ever there was one !

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CarbonBase

And don't start to mention Kazakhstan (former USSR Nuclear Testing Range)
because the living Evil is there!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
You know why they arent talking about it.

Because it IS out of control and nothing really can be done about it.

Remember Cherynoble (sp), the best they could do was encase it in cement and evacuate the whole city forever.

And this was much worse.

So, the reality is,... why scare the world? when nothing can be done anyway.

Why discuss solutions, where there are none?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join