It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the U.S. against regime change in Syria?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Trust me I know. I was in the Marine Corp. There's a whole bunch of bad all over. We can't give up though because there is also alot of good in alot of place.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

I tried to give you a flag and a star but I have problems with that function is no working for me, it seems that is working for others, I guess is a glitch.

Now as for asking me what do I think I tell this, when you see every major corporate run media speculating and planning on the attacks in Syria you get to feel that is a done deal regardless of the pony show that the US is showing listening to Russia.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I just hope we don't end up in a military situation with Russia. We are not ready for that now.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
my 2 pennies

If you set a precedent where the most powerful nation, or a clique can just topple governments they don't like then its not good for the stability of the world. Its also worth bearing in mind that nobody stays on top forever.

If Assad was such a fundamentally 'bad guy' then why was he invited to stay at Buckingham Palace and why was he being winded and dined by UK and US diplomats. Syria is strategically important and he was a 'good guy' while it was thought he could be convinced to bring Syria under the UK/US/Gulf Arab sphere of influence. His brother was supposed to run Syria, he was an eye doctor. He ended up president because the son that was supposed to get the job died in a car crash.

If he had steered the country to the western sphere then this uprising and this war would not have happened. He didn't, he elected to maintain the traditional allegiances and struck a pipeline deal with Iran, Iraq and Lebanon rather than with the gulf arabs. Its ironic that after all the American and British blood in the sand, plus hundreds of thousands of Iraqi dead, the Iraqis are on the other side of this deal. The whole thing was a futile endeavour. We should learn and I think the population of UK and USA has although our politicians have not.

Its hardly co-incidental that this was around about when the unrest became a full on civil war and the Saudi sponsored Al Qaeda went in.

100,000 are dead due to petrochemical interests stoking up religious/ethnic tension. They have started a fire that wont go out again regardless of whether Assad personally leaves or dies.

If they rebels win they will repress all the minorities, kill many of them and probably end up in some form of Saudi Sharia puppet state. If the government wins there will be an insurgency forever from the Sunnis. With 100,000 dead there is too much hate now to put the country back into the relatively peaceful (although repressive) multi ethic nation state it was before.

(its surely not lost on anybody that you cant complain about middle eastern countries being undemocratic and repressive when you are in bed militarily and economically with Saudi Arabia - an absolute monarchy, supported by a Sharia Religious police apparatus with a reputation for torture? Not without being grossly stupidly hypocritical at any rate).

The only way this ends without much more bloodshed is both sides being compelled to negotiate by the UN and the country probably being broken up along ethic lines. I think thats the least bad option.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It none of our buisness, and the only time we need to "take out" someone, is if there is money to be made in that country. So lets focus on that as well, who stands to profit?

Im sick and tired of my country lieing to me, and spending tremendous ammounts of money on buidling bombs and funding wars!

Im sick of my country then after bombing that other country (who doesnt like us anyway) spend even more money to fix it up, and put our two sense in.

Im sick of my country being deivided between left and right, demo. and rep. Im sick of people getting bailouts- and raises of millions of dollars, when those people couldnt give two s#its aboiut their fellow American, and dont even have to worry about when their next paycheck is comming and if they can afford to live.

Im tired of our leaders saying one thing and then doing another. Im tired of the rich getting richer, while the middle class and poor do all the work.

We need to send that money back here. Fix us. Not some po dunk, dumba$$ country that couldnt give two s#its about us. We need the money, we need the healthcare. So screw Obama, and every other politician. They are all liers, and if you tell me they arent, then you are a mornon.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It none of our buisness, and the only time we need to "take out" someone, is if there is money to be made in that country. So lets focus on that as well, who stands to profit?

Im sick and tired of my country lieing to me, and spending tremendous ammounts of money on buidling bombs and funding wars!

Im sick of my country then after bombing that other country (who doesnt like us anyway) spend even more money to fix it up, and put our two sense in.

Im sick of my country being deivided between left and right, demo. and rep. Im sick of people getting bailouts- and raises of millions of dollars, when those people couldnt give two s#its aboiut their fellow American, and dont even have to worry about when their next paycheck is comming and if they can afford to live.

Im tired of our leaders saying one thing and then doing another. Im tired of the rich getting richer, while the middle class and poor do all the work.

We need to send that money back here. Fix us. Not some po dunk, dumba$$ country that couldnt give two s#its about us. We need the money, we need the healthcare. So screw Obama, and every other politician. They are all liers, and if you tell me they arent, then you are a mornon.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Wow, that was a very well thought out and enlightening response. Thank you for making this thread richer.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

No problem, I was joking about the flag thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join