It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the U.S. against regime change in Syria?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Who said I don't care about those other countries? I care about human beings everywhere and I wish we could help every singly one of them.

The difference here is this is the topic we are on right now. I would be happy to discuss any other topic you would like in a different thread. Genocide, corruption, and human suffering around the globe? I'll start that thread just for you and we can discuss topics beyond Syria there.

I made this thread on Syria.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Did you not read that I also oppose the rebels. That is why this is so complex. If Assad goes there will be a void of power that cannot be filled by the equally cruel and fanatic rebels. That is why we really need to have some talks with Russia and Syria's neighboring countries to find out who WOULD be fit to be in power.

It won't be easy.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

We are both scholars; why the hostility?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

Isn't that the rights of the people to do and not foreign and corporate interest in the region, you also need to understand that the destabilization of the middle east is a private corporate agenda.

So remember how well Iraq, Libya, Egypt and Afghanistan regime change has gone for the people, but rest assure that the private interest is already salivating at the exploitation of such countries natural resources, while their citizens gets indebted for life.

Assad should be dealt with by the people no foreign influences of any kind.

edit on 12-9-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

This idea that he's "killing his people". He didnt just start up and "killing people". This was a nation at peace.

The West and others are trying to violently overthrow his government.

What do you think would happen if say half a million Americans with small arms descended on DC to violently overthrow the government?

I'll tell you, the US government would make Waco look like a picnic.

If the criteria is "killing", the US government should have been dissolved and arrested a long time ago.

As always the hypocrisy in the minds of Americans is baffling.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

well the Arab league says it will pay for it , in half priced oil, or in USD either way we loose out in recouping lost revenue. with in a month well will know if we are going to be in a full blown war or not, to be stalled once again by Putin by the use of words , "We need more time to find them, forces loyal to Assad moved them with out permission to do so or they have been stolen by Rebel forces and this has not been reported til now"

Then Obama will do a repeat of the 9/10 speech yeada yeada da da , then and only then will Kerry be filmed doing cart wheels on the north lawn of the White House

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I am not hostile my friend, just tired of so much speculation about what foreign interest should do with a country while bypassing the citizens will.

Is actually nothing to discuss, really, just kick the foreign terrorist out of that nation, stop funding them and giving the weapons and let the people exercise their will.

foreign interest is the one that is destroying Syria.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I am sooooo glad the over-all opinion in here is that it is not our job to invade Countries because A. We don't understand their fight or way of life... B. we don't steal others resources because we don't want our $ to fail and C. We're a good people. We kill no Men, Women, and Children on little evidence of whose really lying.

No flags... So far the good people have spoken.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

What do you think would happen if we helped Assad get rid of the opposition and he handed over his chemical weapons?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

devildogUSMC
Why are we not pressuring them to put down their own dog and then clean up the mess?

How would the U.S. pressure Russia or China to do anything?

devildogUSMC
[...]civilians are being killed everyday who want to live in peace. Is that just how the world works?

According to Obama, yes.
Your own dog has the blood of lots of innocent civilians and children on his hands.

devildogUSMC
This fire needs to be extinguished.

Then why is the CIA adding fuel to the fire?

Bottom line is...
the U.S. would do well to clean up their own mess first, before your POTUS drags us all into WW3.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I am by no means advocating invading Syria or striking it and anything violent. I'm speaking of working with the international community to resolve this. We need to engage countries that aren't our allies and work with them if we want a solution. If we want Syrian citizens to have basic human rights and not live in constant fear of dying or losing loved ones.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Are people morons?

Who do yo think will take over once Assad is gone? some isolationist/extremist group.

How many times do people have to be reminded.. wasn't Iraq enough to get it thru your heads... you guys were sucker for bush's atrocity(bush supporters), don't be a sucker for Obama(Obama supporters).

However bad Saddam was.. that country was stable under him.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

I do not consider Mr. Obama my POTUS. You are right about the CIA adding fuel; that needs to stop. And yes I would say Obama needs to get his own house in order but I don't believe he has the ability. I apologize, I just cant stand the thought of innocent humans being gassed, I don't care by who. Something needs to be done over there. I do not mean militarily.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

That is not for me to speculate seriously, I am not been mean, that is a question that should be asked to the people of the nation of Syria.

right?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Are you kidding me? Iraq was not stable under Saddam Hussain. CMON?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This is Russia's puppet dictator, it's Russia's problem. They should put the vodka down, sober up a bit and take care of their business. Did Russia come running to depose Saddam (who was OUR puppet dictator)? Nope.

What market research firm do you work for?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Yes it should. I just wanted to know what you thought.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

That's right. And I also think the U.S. and the rest of the world should pressure them to do so.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hey, this is a good topic and discussion; did everyone forget how to give a guy a flag?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

devildogUSMC
reply to post by ColCurious

I apologize, I just cant stand the thought of innocent humans being gassed, I don't care by who.
Something needs to be done over there. I do not mean militarily.

I hear you (I really do), and I'm sorry but... we're at the point (some would argue far beyond) where "something" just won't cut it anymore. A little right in tons of wrong is. not. enough.

Your "something needs to be done over there" has to start in our own back yard.
edit on 12-9-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join