It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GCHQ quiz. Can you crack this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I have a big interest in Crypto stories and further trying to crack codes. There is just something fascinating about it to me. That being said if you can crack this 5 line quiz you are in line for prizes and a job application from GCHQ ( The British NSA). I was not actually sure where to post this in terms of what forum would be right. A mod is more than welcome to move it to appropriate place.

"A website, canyoufindit.co.uk, just went live. It contains 28 sets of five letters and one set of three letters. There are five answers. If you get them right, you may be on your way to joining GCHQ, Britain’s signals-intelligence agency, in either the “cyber and technical operations,” “maths and cryptography” or “advanced technology research” departments. The website was registered in March to TMP Worldwide, a recruitment company that has in the past helped GCHQ search for women engineers."

qz.com...

Good Luck! The link to the test/quiz

canyoufindit.co.uk...

edit on 11-9-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Cody posted this this morning.

I think it freaked everyone out so bad that no one even replied.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

If you crack it they're going to find you and then......well lets just say you don't want them looking for you!!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

No problem

This is in another forum so I think the two thread
rule applies

Besides it opens it up to more of us to play around with it
A couple of useful tips here
Cody
edit on 12/9/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Sounds like a fun challenge, something to keep me off the streets in my downtime for a while, I guess.

Thanks for the link, OP!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
We have a winner guys

mirkomcc

Solved it

Congratulations to them and what a hell of a first post if I may say so,

You can find the answers on my thread but I don't want to ruin the fun for those on here

So your proof

Cody

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

That is awesome Cody. Kind of feel dumb about not figuring it out. Congrats to the person who has. He might want to take a crack at the 4th panel of the Kryptos sculpture of the CIA.

"Kryptos is an encrypted sculpture by American artist Jim Sanborn located on the grounds of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in Langley, Virginia. Since its dedication on November 3, 1990, there has been much speculation about the meaning of the encrypted messages it bears. Of the four messages, three have been solved, with the fourth remaining one of the most famous unsolved codes in the world. The sculpture continues to provide a diversion for cryptanalysts, both amateur and professional, who are attempting to decrypt the final section."

The three other people who cracked it have become relatively famous. As famous as you can be for cracking codes.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 12-9-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join