It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. world Police? Let me hear who you'd rather have?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
America has the largest army in the world

America was instrumental in the forming of the League of Nations, and its son the United Nations

America is the enforcer of the UN...and its real backbone. Without the US the UN would just be a bunch of stuffy potiltians that sit back, Monday quarterback 'shoulda beans'

If congress votes no...then the spineless POTUS will be able to back down and say 'Im doing America's will' and then the use of weapons of mass destruction will now be 'sanctioned' by the U.S.

So...
Americans and the world...I ask you....
If your the next president (because the lord obama certainly wouldn't) chose to use pepper spray en mass on occupyers in NY, Wallstreet, Cleeveland, Mainstreet and Portland....who would you look to.
Hey, how about instead of some irritating 'non-lethal' deterent he used Sarin gas on you...what would ya do?

Cry to the UN to stop him?

ha ha hah ah nevermind...they are just a bunch of stuffy politicians that sit back and watch.
Yes America
Sit back, watch. Do nothing.
That is who we are becoming

The next time chemichal weapons are used in Syria....maybe Russia will step up and destroy the culprits with no prejudice

Maybe we outta let China step up to become the largest world military power and police the world.
We say we don't want to be world police...but let me ask you....who would you prefer to be world police?

X

signature:
In the council of many there is wisdom

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I'd prefer none. The perfect world might be to give all nations a 100 badass nuclear ballistic missiles each at their own control, i think that will make everyone to be respectful with each other.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

You seem pretty confident it is the Syrian government that is responsible for the use of sarin gas. Would you mind sharing the source that has given you this confidence?

From what i have seen there is evidence that points to both the Syrian government and the rebels. More evidence seems to point to the rebels, but i havnt seen anything definitive in either direction.

Wouldnt the wise move be to find out for sure who exactly used the sarin before making a move? Seems to be a bit more mature than running in guns blazing in response to intelligence that is weak at best.

Not making a move until there is sufficient evidence to implicate those responsible in no way "sanctions" the use of a chemical weapon that is in direct violation of the Geneva Convention.

DC
edit on 9/9/2013 by xdeadcowx because: proof-read

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by marhaba

Agreed - none, no single country should or should believe they can 'police' the world, you just end up with a country that sees itself as above the 'law' it's 'policing' - It really should rely on a system like the UN (one that actually functions though).

The problem is that humanity is currently petty & ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by marhaba

Really?

Or would that give ya the opportunity to go all 'preppers gone wild'

Cause if your suggestion...which by the way does sound fun...were to be instituted some dummy is donna test some other dummys resolve...

"I'm only gonna do it once what could it hurt?" he says as he sends a neat little nuke to some almost unpopulated area...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Tidnabnilims

YES you are right
Currently the UN does not work.
So...what is to happen in the interim...until it does?
Are dictators to be allowed to slaughter their own people. YES
Are dictators to be allowed to make their own laws YES
Are dictators to be allowed to mutilate civilians? YES
Are dictators allowed to use things that have the potential to effect the rest of the world....weapons of mass destruction?

oh...no? would you say no to all the above also?
Hmmmmmm
and what would you suppose should happen? UN intervention? And who does the UN use as its first responders?

Aaaaand when the UN is slow to respond...is it only natural for its first responder force to do what they feel is right?
WHAT YOU FEEL IS RIGHT?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Why has nothing been done in Zimbabwe then ? Its been brutal there for years

Being slow to respond in tense geo-political situations is called prudence, after all it is the fates of far more than the poor souls already lost. Better to be sure no ?
edit on 9-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Of course it's gonna be fun. There should be an agreement too that if one pushes a button, everyone should do the same immediately. So it's up to the people in each country who mans that button.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Look after your own backyard, seems to me the US has a few problems of its own right now.
Why should the UN sanction Obama to go all world police on any other sovereign nation.
That is why there is a UN, send in peacekeepers if needed but Obama wants to unleash missiles.
He undoubtedly has other motivations than innocent Syrian civilians.
And none are in Syrias best interests.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xdeadcowx

Ahh...thanks for reeling me in

yes reason.....
who really used these weapons.
I mean...I've been watching the world a long time...and I remember when the US was brought to its knees with box cutters (yup, them planes hit the towers)
if terrorists had the ability to use these kind of weapons effectively....it would have happened a long time ago...
OVER and OVER again
This is no way something some rebel faction is capable of

regardless of Assads puppets attempts to make it look like it was

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

There are many wars going on around the world at this very moment, but he has his sights set on Syria.
My question is why?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I would rather every single person on the planet police themselves to always treat others exactly as they themselves would like to be treated-in fact-to treat others as they would like their own children to be treated.No more need for governments,politicians,etc.True and perfect sovereignty individually,as a species.

It is the one and only way for humanity to ever taste true liberty,and a life free of fear,free of being ruled by others.
The one and only way.

But then, I would also love to sprout a pair of wings.At least that's more likely to happen than the human race seeing what is right in front of their eyes.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I wholeheartedly agree.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
IT really is that "red line"
chemical weapons represent a potential for indiscriminant deaths that the machetes in Darfur and lack of food in India are not comparable to.

Stuff that you put in the air that kills/maims all it contacts...nothing like a bullet or a blade.

There is a line....it is clear. The UN saw it before it was even the UN.....The L.O.N. knew that these things were something the whole world should stand agains 100 years ago!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

I have the same question too. I dont see why genocide in Rwanda was largely ignored for example, way higher body count than Syria (atm).

But like I said, humanity is petty and ridiculous.

edit on 9-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: typos

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

But there are insane people on this planet, how are they going to police themselves? They don't have cognizance of what is right or wrong, bad or good, what's gonna happen to them and who decides?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

My great Uncle died from exposure to mustard gas during the first world war, I dig what you are saying.
But to me and I am sure many others who live outside of the US, we dont need the US to be the world police.
Especially when we can see how corrupt and nefarious your miltary is.
The best comparison would be the big bully in the school yard picking on all the little kids that stops a fight between two little kids then takes all their pocket money.
Anyway I am wondering where they got the ingredients for the sarin in the first place.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

That would be nice....

However, that is not the world we live in.

But...if things keep going the way they are...some peoples (probably not ours) children may survive.....and in the coming new world that is similar to the times of Noah (after the flood) and Lot (after the destruction of Sodom and Gomorah) they can look back at our society and decide that living in cities amongst other humans is just 'TOO DIFFICULT' and should just hope everyone else goes away so they can just live happily with their familys and be nice to each other.....................OKAY anyways...back to now and here...
THERE ARE DICTATORS IN THIS WORLD KILLING PEOPLE INDISCRIMINTELY WITH TOOLS NO-ONE SHOULD HAVE

And so yes...for those of you that would need me to say it....after everyone else has gotten rid of their WMD's the world police should get rid of thiers.

not before

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Obviously there is something he wants in Syria, and he wont take no for an answer.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom

THERE ARE DICTATORS IN THIS WORLD KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE INDISCRIMINATELY WITH ANYTHING & EVERYTHING

fixed that for ya

point being the method should be irrelevant, things should be done whenever there is large-scale slaughter of innocents - Anywhere. Cant be Some of the World Police (if you ARE gonna try it)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join