It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria, Russia, and Iran to provide alternative for war.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This is good news. Russia, Iran, and Syria are writing up a counter proposal to provide a more diplomatic solution to a US attack. This may include Assad stepping down (not being involved in new elections), and an agreement to remove chemical weapons from Syria - sending them to Russia instead.

It appears even the opposition doesn't want the US to interfere. They would prefer Assad to be removed with Russia's assistance. That appears to be all they want, and it may be Assad will agree to this. Iran's fear is a need to stand by Syria if its attacked. They are asking to not be put into this position it seems. They believe Assad would step away. In fact, its my understamding he has agreed to do so.

If they are bringing this to the table it's far more than the US could hope for. No more Assad. No more chemical weapons. A few other weapons taken to Russia. Elections with a new president. We can't get all of that with a shot across the bow. What will Obama do with this one? Lets hope reason prevails.

www.haaretz.com...
edit on 8-9-2013 by Dianec because: More comprehensive.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Why take it to the last hour? WHY have they been involved with the Bloodshed?

Iran has troops on the ground in Syria.

Russia has supplied Assad the weapons.

Accountability? Yeah. They also have to held to the fire.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Please let this happen.

If cooler heads were to prevail... This would be a great starting point.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This is good news.

Maybe prayer does work! I hope this is true.

May peace prevail, is there hope for humanity yet?

Cirque

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

If Assad steps down it'll be seen as a master-stroke for the U.S.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I got to admit that seems to good to be true but then again Saddam agreed to every concession before he was brutally slaughtered. The US will do what they can from making this a viable option. They want regime change with their influence not Russia's. Christ, this could set back the NWO by like 5-8 years. There are simply to many old heads lingering around not willing to take that sort of set back. I'm mean think of how long the quagmire that is still Iraq is taking.
edit on 8-9-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
No matter what Russia, Syria and Iran does America will find a way to attack Syria. After all Americas ME bosses Israel and Saudi Arabia wants it to happen. And they get what they want no matter what it costs America in terms of money or people.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yes it's been two weeks. Why wait? Maybe they are worried about what this will do to the region, and its taken them this long to agree on something. I still see it as a better alternative. I don't like the chemical weapons and some others going to Russia. Why not destroy them? I'm sure there is room for a counter offer. Regardless, could we sees better result by a limited no boots war? The only thing I can see from this is punishment.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I do worry about the US going forth anyway as mentioned above. Have to be the top guy in the New World Order. However, if they reject this it will substantiate what another thread is saying about the elite panicking - as they get even more transparent to the public. I'm not sure what the pubic would do but that would be a dead give away. Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I have been hard on this Administration. No war period.

But.......

We need to hold all these scumbag World Leaders who are selling weapons to this regime Accountable too.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I bet... and maybe they also bet that the US will not take the offer.

If this offer is genuine/not a media hoax and they do not take it, that pretty well indicates they will stop at nothing to get a large global war going. It's a variable that might be worth experimenting with. My only concern would be who would be left in charge. Something in me does not want the west to get their way regardless, but for this suggestion to take place, it would honestly be a good display of diplomacy.

I think they must know that they have all the pieces in place and that not even this will stop their runaway train.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EA006
reply to post by Dianec

If Assad steps down it'll be seen as a master-stroke for the U.S.

No, pretty sure it will go down in history as an American blunder and Russian victory.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

The thing is, Putin is about strategy so my suspicions are not completely absent on this. But it may be a good next step. Obama is saying he wants to go in but not take chemical weapons or overthrow Assad. They are offering a sweeter deal. Why offering more than just getting rid of chemical weapon I don't know. It does seem like too sweet a deal.

Given the alternative it's the better one unless someone can say what they countries are up to. That's where I stand at this moment.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Dianec

I have been hard on this Administration. No war period.

But.......

We need to hold all these scumbag World Leaders who are selling weapons to this regime Accountable too.

If I'm not mistaken we have had our share of weapons get into Syria.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

It will not work, because the problem now in Syria is not only Assad, is the numerous faction groups of terrorist been financed by foreign interest in the nation, for the two last years different terrorist groups has take hold of Syria outside the city.

Those terrorist groups will start another fight once Assad is gone for control of power.

Look what is going on in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Egypt and others, once the regimes are remove is nothing but chaos, elections are nothing but a scam on the real citizens of those countries, Al-Qaida and Muslim brotherhood are everywhere..

edit on 8-9-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
No wai. The banksters want his head.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Dianec

It will not work, because the problem now in Syria is not only Assad, is the numerous faction groups of terrorist been financed by foreign interest in the nation, for the two last years different terrorist groups has take hold of Syria outside the city.

Those terrorist groups will start another fight once Assad is gone for control of power.

Look what is going on in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Egypt and others, once the regimes are remove is nothing but chaos, elections are nothing but a scam on the real citizens of those countries, Al-Qaida and Muslim brotherhood are everywhere..

The Syrians will place another dictator in, the US government wont like him and his policies either.
Nothing will change, the US want control over Syria, the Syrians, Russians and Iranians wont allow that to happen
Al-Qaida and Muslim brotherhood are everywhere.

Hope that the US are placed in a position where they have to talk, not dictate over this.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Strange thing is Iran is also in a deal to give up its stock pile of Uranium and wanting to buy rods from the US or Russia. Iran, Syria and Russia could be truly making a deal for peace.

en.trend.az...
edit on 8-9-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by borntowatch

The agenda set for the middle east for the past 20 years is the destabilization of countries no friendly to the US and profiteers agendas, it doesn't matter who the governing body is that takes control as long as policies and interest are allowed in the nations.

link   
I heard something about an offer this morning where Putin would pick Assad's successor with the stipulation that Russia not intervene with Obama's military strike and he would maintain control of his oil interests in Syria. Mm mm...the election would be for show only then. Putin's puppet like the Shah was to the US in Iran.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join