It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange flashing cloud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I just saw this cloud over Edmonton Canada on my way back from the store tonight. It was a bright orange and it flickering like watching a fire happen it got dimmer after around three minutes and faded by the time I got home(about five minutes total). I don't know what it is but theres no storm right now and there was no sound to it so I don't know if it was a storm. Does anyone here have any idea what it was.
edit on 7-9-2013 by grey9438 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
extra post
edit on 7-9-2013 by grey9438 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
That was probably the moon orbiter thing that was launched tonight in virginia. it was suppose to travel north east after launch.

www.space.com...

NASA will launch a new spacecraft tonight (Sept. 6) to unlock the mysteries of moon dust and the wispy lunar atmosphere, and you can watch the blastoff live online.

The space agency's Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer, nicknamed LADEE, is poised to liftoff atop a brand-new Minotaur V rocket from Wallops Island, Va., at 11:27 p.m. EDT (0327 Sept. 7 GMT) in what will be the first-ever lunar mission to launch from Virginia. Weather permitting, the nighttime launch may be visible to millions of observers along a wide swath of the U.S. East Coast that stretches from Maine to North Carolina.

edit on 7-9-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

That's interesting but I'm not on the east coast.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by grey9438

Most likely a flare. I see them pretty constantly, living next door to a military base.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Possibly, a ray of light from the setting sun hit the cloud high up, turning it orange. The cloud flickered because clouds low over the horizon happened to be passing through the sunbeam.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

I don't know the sun had set 3 hours before I saw this.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I see that all the time around here.."ohio valley" do you have fracking wells around your area? that would be my guess if you do.. they burn off excess gas looks like a big torch up close but at night it can be seen as an orange flickering glow up to ten miles away, maybe more. looks realy cool the more clouds there are. when this first started around here i didnt know what to think so i just drove towards it until.. i came upon a huge well site burning off methane .

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

paradiselost333

I see that all the time around here.."ohio valley"

Where exactly, if you don't mind me asking? I live in southern Indiana and have never seen anything like this.
As to the light, was it a steady light, or was it in bursts like lightning? It could have been heat lightning, do you know if there was any storms within around 100 miles from you?
edit on 10-9-2013 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

I don't think there's any fracking near the city but I know they do have to burn off methane near the landfill. I also think that near where I live has excess methane and sour gas underground but I'm not sure if the city burns that off but either way that would support my idea that it could be fire.

new topics

top topics

join