It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
Human0815 - your recent posts make me more and more uncomfortable. Almost like you are moving away from one side towards the side with the Japanese government and TEPCO on it. If you are Japanese, then you would probably be more useful to your countrymen and women by being on their side and helping them fight the injustice, half-truths, and cover-ups.

When you say

The link to the only valid Estimations of the Fukushima Accident: Nuclear Report
What does 'the only valid' mean in this context? (I am trying to remain polite here)

==================================

I doubt that you are in the Position to judge about me, you should refrain from it!

My interest is the Truth only and i don't care Dogma or Loyality!

In Dubio Pro Reo!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

ASAHI POLL: 72% criticize government’s response to Fukushima radioactive water leak issue

Seventy-two percent of respondents in an Asahi Shimbun poll said the Abe administration's response to leaks of radioactive water at the wrecked Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant was "late." This compared with 15 percent who answered it was "early."

The administration announced Sept. 3 that the central government will take responsibility by spending at least 47 billion yen ($473 million) to deal with tons of radiation-contaminated water flowing daily from the plant into the sea. Plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. acknowledged a leak from a storage tank in July.

For the survey, The Asahi Shimbun contacted 3,496 voters by telephone on Sept. 7-8. There were 1,925 valid responses, accounting for 55 percent of the total. The respondents were also asked whether they feel the government should take the lead in tackling this growing problem, and 89 percent answered "yes."

asked to pick one option among four in regard to the gravity of the problem, 95 percent of respondents answered it is "serious." Of that number, 72 percent said "very much" and 23 percent said "to some degree." The poll also looked at other issues.

Asahi-Source:

Amazing high Numbers!
edit on 9-9-2013 by Human0815 because: info

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Heya everyone...I come with gifts and greetings.

Fuku irradiated things, as we all know. The EPA recorded that, as most know. At least, they looked... What they recorded long term? Well.... That's a fine mystery they don't figure we need to know, as open access to that data was cut off abruptly after the Japanese calamity required it most (many may recall that at the time for how unbelievably corrupt it was to see the US Government do it)

ANYWAY...... I come to offer some data where it may not be so easily found these days.

OpenData by Socrata

^^^ That is a site which is dedicated to archiving documents. All kinds of documents. Government, mostly. Among the 10's of thousands of documents are SOME...(by no means all) of the Radnet raw data files which the EPA haven't hidden and basically stolen from the public record. The link above goes to a search result I opened to help get started. Sitting there are 57 data files.

That is not ALL they have and I saw a lot more the other night as I was over there getting thousands of files of interest for my own project. The Radnet files there cover ground water, suface water, milk and air samples. It should be a good start, anyway. (I noticed one of them showed elevated levels in EVERY area of Philidelphia and across all sample types. Nowhere else, that day, had shown anything like it. It makes me wonder if Fuku IS why they cut this data off or if other things were far more pressing for a reason to blind us to this stuff)

(Sorry for the forum this first got mis-posted to. ... My deepest apologies)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

300 Tons every day,, for 2 years,,

how much is 300 Tons? Times Two Years??

www.history.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
reply to post by crankyoldman

The Cores are not fully molten in Nr.2 and Nr.3, only Nr.1 had a full Melt-Down,
according to the Calculations from Tepco!

Really now?

Tokyo (CNN) -- Japan's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant experienced full meltdowns at three reactors in the wake of an earthquake and tsunami in March, the country's Nuclear Emergency Response Headquarters said Monday.

The nuclear group's new evaluation, released Monday, goes further than previous statements in describing the extent of the damage caused by an earthquake and tsunami on March 11.

The announcement will not change plans for how to stabilize the Fukushima Daiichi plant, the agency said.

Reactors 1, 2 and 3 experienced a full meltdown, it said.

3 nuclear reactors melted down after quake, Japan confirms

Care to reevaluate your position on that one?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

he dosent see his mistake,,"according to the Calculations from Tepco! ",,,,all in the perspective Data.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Yeah, i know all the Articles but they don't give us exact Data of the amount of
molten Fuel in Percentage, they just said "Melt-Down"!

All the Official Reports think that only Nr.1 had a full Melt-Down
but not Nr.2 and Nr.3 (only Partial) afir they calculated it via Loss of Cooling
and Restart of the Cooling!

World-Nuclear Report
edit on 9-9-2013 by Human0815 because: Wow, new Design, nice!

Please check also the IAEA-Report on Fukushima:
edit on 9-9-2013 by Human0815 because: IAEA Report

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
i don't know if they're related, but it seems the EPA has been caught suppressing FOIA documents and one would wonder if "many" RAD level and Corexit levels in the gulph have been brushed under the rug on many a reports...

UPDATED: Lengthy Senate report details EPA FOIA abuses

"As Congress has raised questions about EPA’s lack of transparency, the agency has steadfastly ignored its constitutional obligation to subject itself to congressional oversight, apparently in an effort to prevent the public from knowing what is going on behind closed doors," the report said.

washingtonexaminer.com...

seems eerily reminiscent of tepco\japanese govt. wouldn't you all agree?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Scott free...

Charges dropped against Japan's ex-PM, TEPCO over Fukushima

TOKYO: Japanese prosecutors on Monday decided not to charge former prime minister Naoto Kan and TEPCO bosses over the initial stages of the nuclear disaster at Fukushima.

The decision still leaves open the possibility that they will face criminal charges over other aspects of the disaster, including recent leaks of contaminated water from the crippled power plant.

Local residents and activists had filed a criminal complaint against Kan and his ministers alleging professional negligence over the accident.

They had also requested prosecutors charge former top executives of Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO), the operator of the plant, and Haruki Madarame, former chief of the Nuclear Safety Commission.

The complaint alleged that the government officials and TEPCO executives failed to take necessary measures to shield the plant against the March 2011 tsunami.

It also held them responsible for a delay in announcing data predicting how radiation would spread from the facility in the aftermath of the accident.

But prosecutors decided to exempt all of them, saying in a statement that TEPCO could not predict an earthquake and tsunami of that size, while government officials were not legally responsible over their post-quake response.

Source

As a recap....

On 5 July 2012, the Japanese National Diet appointed The Fukushima Nuclear Accident Independent Investigation Commission (NAIIC) submitted its inquiry report to the Japanese Diet.[20] The Commission found the nuclear disaster was "manmade", that the direct causes of the accident were all foreseeable prior to March 11, 2011.
The report also found that the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant was incapable of withstanding the earthquake and tsunami. TEPCO, the regulatory bodies (NISA and NSC) and the government body promoting the nuclear power industry (METI), all failed to correctly develop the most basic safety requirements—such as assessing the probability of damage, preparing for containing collateral damage from such a disaster, and developing evacuation plans for the public in the case of a serious radiation release.
The reports generally concluded that more adequate protection against tsunami and disaster preparation could have mitigated the disaster.[21]

Source

General Electric, Hitachi and Toshiba designed, built and serviced the reactors. Is everyone going to get "off" from really paying for this? The burdens have fallen on residents who have not been compensated adequately, according to numerous reports. Many lost everything.

So sad.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Analyses of core melt and re-melt in the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear reactors

Core material temperature behavior above water level is shown in Figure 7 . The solid line shows the standard case, and the dotted line shows the calculation assuming no zirconium-steam reaction as a reference case. The graph demonstrates the key role of the zirconium-steam reaction in the high temperature behavior. Temperature reaches 1500 K at 8800 s (13 March 05:56) when the runaway zirconium-steam reaction starts in the present model. Fe melting (1720 K) starts at 9153 s and terminates at 9308 s. Zr melting (2130 K) starts at 10,045 s and terminates at 10,325 s. ZrO2 melting (2960 K) starts at 12,470 s and terminates at 13,035 s. UO2 melting (3113 K) starts at 13,700 s (13 March 07:17) and terminates at 15,410 s (13 March 07:46).

Core material temperature behavior above water level is shown in Figure 12 . Core material temperature is 938 K at the core dry-out time 7320 s (18:22), reaches 1500 K at 10,680 s (19:18:00). In the present case, the runaway zirconium-steam reaction will not occur because there is no steam generation in the core for the reaction. Fe melting (1720 K) starts at 12,115 s and terminates at 12,717 s. Zr melting (2130 K) starts at 15,217 s (20:33:37) and terminates at 16,281 s (20:51:21). UO2 melting (3113 K) starts at 22,438 s (22:33:58) and terminates at 25,632 s (23:27:12). In the present case, there is no water in the core, therefore, the melt will flow down into the lower plenum and then vaporize water there.

Any questions?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The world needs to unite around the issue of forging peace in the Middle East...NO!

The issue to unite around is Fukushima. A whole country is at immediate risk of decimation, and it is poisoning the entire planet! The G20 needs to be spending billions to secure that site immediately, without allowing critical mass to occur. Where are our priorities, people?

Of course the follow-up issues are decommissioning ALL nuclear reactors and nuclear weapons around the world. It turns out that humans simply are incapable of responsibly wielding this technology (same with GMOs). Need more energy? Voluntarily reduce (through education and programs such as the Hope Now Project) human population levels to within carrying capacity. That way, it takes far less energy sources to provide all the needed energy. Sorry you don't like the solution; I don't make the laws (carrying capacity), just try to nudge us humans toward compliance.

Cheers,

Samuel Rose, author
Scout Report Series

reply to post by qmantoo

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SamuelRose

it is not critical mass but criticality ( the saturation abundance of 'slow' neutrons (remember fast( high energy) neutrons do not produce chain reactions ) that delineate the when and where of fission reactions .

At FUKU three cores and six pools have shown various levels of uncontrolled criticality .

the majority of this is cheap-ass corps risking everyone's lives for profit ( by not having nearly enough cooling , and of course employing drunks and bums from the slums as uniformed disposable labor ) AND BEING so bad AT THE TASK THEY ARE THE CUSTODIANS OF ( keeping nukers from becoming monsters) that they failed ( willfully) from the understanding that :

It is impossible to cool a melting nuke core...you can cool the environment around it, but you can NEVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES actually cool a mass of corium because of surface boiling

And while trying to cool it you will release release nearly atomic uranium and plutonium straight into solution ( remember the nuker adage ....the solution is dilution ) and hence the environment .

so

either the people running the nuker industry are too stupid to control it ( because surface contact is not part of either military ( that we know of ) or scientific software modelling ) or they have been knowingly lying the entire time

it is a simple equations of the people in charge being either so incompetent ( and ignorant ) or so deceptional then they should not be in "charge" if amateurs could figure this (super important thing ) out the "experts" should have ...but didn't ... in public...I wonder why ...I mean they had to know

And that's not even mentioning the pool problem...

I agree that attention should be focused ...but what really is the root of this calamity? is it a whom ( or whoms) or is it a why ? based on what I've seen it's a group of whom's that have targets on their heads ( and want to keep that secret before millions die )

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Unit 4 FPC skimmer
surge tank level

Ok now I've got to get use to posting with this new ATS format....

Anyhow - Unit 4 skimmer surge tank level continues to be all over the place:

52.22×100mm
(9/8 11:00 現在)

47.01×100mm
(as of 11:00 , 9/9 )

41.92×100mm
(as of 11:00 , 9/10 )

And after re-reading TEPCO's rpt...this not the sort of instability that they want according to the roadmap. The skimmer surge level use to be very stable until around the end of this August 2013. Are they removing debris in advance of the fuel rod assembly removal to start in November and sloshing the Spent Fuel Pool around in the process?
Take a look at diagram in this TEPCO Unit 4 rpt:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Archives of daily rpts:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Actually Bob a CAT 797B carries closer to 400t than 300.

MR

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Record High Sea Temps...and Strontium 90, Cs-137

The high decay heat of both...

Record warm waters around Japan

Sea water temperatures around Japan have risen to record highs, affecting the country's fishing industry.

The Meteorological Agency says the average water temperature in August was 1.5 degrees Celsius warmer than usual off the western coast of Kyushu in the East China Sea. It was 1.2 degrees warmer off the Shikoku and Tokai regions in the Pacific.

These figures were the highest since the agency began observation using the current method in 1985.

Water temperatures were more than 2 degrees Celsius warmer than usual off the country's north and west in the Sea of Japan. Higher temperatures were also reported in the ocean around the southernmost prefecture of Okinawa.

Weather officials say a high-pressure system that lingered around the Japanese archipelago this summer brought a heat wave and warmed seawater.

Catches of saury and squid are falling in northern Japan due to warm water.

Oyster farm workers in the western prefecture of Hiroshima have decided to delay the start of the harvest season by 10 days. It was originally scheduled for October 1st.

The workers say they were afraid the oysters may not be fully grown by that time due to higher seawater temperatures.

Hiroshima is the country's largest oyster producer with a 60 percent share of the market.
Sep. 10, 2013 - Updated 10:00 UTC

www3.nhk.or.jp...

- Purple Chive

edit on 10-9-2013 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Purplechive
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

And we chive onto a new thread...enjoyed "movie day" DWW...I lived it first hand...

Note the date on this article and Japanese involvement:

www.tmia.com...

Thank you for sharing this link...and even more so for living it first hand. Three Mile Island was the first real "blinders off" incident for me, so many years ago. Because of a school assignment after the incident, I read pages of accounts and saw how what residents experienced seemed grossly at odds with official reports, even then. My trust in big business to do the right thing for the right reasons began to erode at that time. The fairy tale of "trust" in the nuclear industry, especially now after Fukushima, has become a real life horror story.

I want to share the trailer for a documentary by independent filmmaker Ian Thomas Ash that anyone concerned about Fukushima may want to see. It is called A2-B-C, and revisits Fukushima children 18 months after the original documentary Ash filmed called In the Gray Zone.

Those of us who participated in the mega thread, may remember the reports of children being bused to a school just outside the evacuation zone, days after the disaster. Ash was there to capture their story then and has now returned.

A2-B-C

Synopsis: Eighteen months after the nuclear meltdown, children in Fukushima are suffering from severe nose bleeds and are developing skin rashes and thyroid cysts and nodules. Citing a lack of transparency in the official medical testing of their children and the ineffectiveness of the decontamination of their homes and schools, the children’s mothers take radiation monitoring into their own hands.

The film’s title comes from the medical classifications for the size and number of throat nodules and cysts, but the film deals with more than just worries about the risk of thyroid cancer among families in the region. “The film covers other health and environmental issues, such as our inability to decontaminate the area. People have low white blood cell counts, and both children and adults are experiencing more nosebleeds and rashes. Not to mention the constant stress they live with.”

I will also include the trailer for "In the Grey Zone."

Thank you again for sharing your experience, research and knowledge here...with all of us.

Peace

Sources
Japan Times
A2documentary
UK premier will be Oct. 1

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Marlborough Red

Actually Bob a CAT 797B carries closer to 400t than 300.

MR

Agreed, but u know TepCo,, so we will go with 600T a Day,,,,

edit on 9/10/2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Do you think that higher ocean temps near Japan will result in stronger storms for the west coast? Perhaps a change in migratory patterns for sea life? I have to say, it worries me to see that this is not over, living here in the direct path of the jet stream. Thank you guys for all the info you compile.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

VikingWarlord
reply to post by Purplechive

Do you think that higher ocean temps near Japan will result in stronger storms for the west coast? Perhaps a change in migratory patterns for sea life? I have to say, it worries me to see that this is not over, living here in the direct path of the jet stream. Thank you guys for all the info you compile.

well by 2020 it should make downtown TOKYO, a real sweatshop,,,with a cooling ocean breeze of,, ohhh 7 years x 365 days, times 300 tons of waste,,umm that breeze should be about,, 120 150 deg. F,, by then,, yup,, should be a real hot one, in the old town,, of Tokyo,,

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Oh cool.

Sounds like it will be a blast!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join