It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news: Putin: Russia will help Syria in case of foreign military assault.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
PUTIN: RUSSIA WILL HELP SYRIA IN CASE OF FOREIGN MILITARY ASSAULT

The alleged chemical weapons use in Syria is a provocation carried out by the rebels to attract a foreign-led strike, Russian President Vladimir Putin said at the G20 summit.

There was no 50/50 split of opinion on the notion of a military strike against the Syrian President Bashar Assad, Putin stressed refuting earlier assumptions.

Only Turkey, Canada, Saudi Arabia and France joined the US push for intervention, he said, adding that the UK Prime Minister’s position was not supported by his citizens.

Russia, China, India, Indonesia, Argentina, Brazil, South Africa and Italy were among the major world’s economies clearly opposed to military intervention.

President Putin said the G20 nations spent the “entire” Thursday evening discussing the Syrian crisis, which was followed by Putin’s bilateral meeting with UK Prime Minister David Cameron that lasted till 3am Moscow time.

Russia “will help Syria” in the event of a military strike, Putin stressed as he responded to a reporter’s question at the summit.

“Will we help Syria? We will. And we are already helping, we send arms, we cooperate in the economics sphere, we hope to expand our cooperation in the humanitarian sphere, which includes sending humanitarian aid to support those people – the civilians – who have found themselves in a very dire situation in this country,” Putin said.

Putin said he sat down with US President Barack Obama on the sidelines of the G20 summit and talked for about half an hour in “a friendly atmosphere”.

Although the Russian and the American leaders maintained different positions regarding the Syrian issue, Putin said they “hear” and understand each other.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and US Secretary of State John Kerry will continue discussing the situation in Syria “in the short run,” Putin said.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW

RT rt.com...
edit on 6/9/13 by JAK because: Caps removed. Please see The use of All Caps

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Big talk. No game.

Sure they'll attempt to deliver arms, but in no way will Russian ships engage US ones.

There are many more US Subs in the region than ships (I'm confident), that it'd be a harsh mistake.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

Obama just finished talking live. He basically said, "we're (USA) going to go for it. And that's, that.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
He is still talking live: www.bloomberg.com...

He just said; he knows the opinion of the people, not only in the US but also in Europe and elsewhere that the people wants this action to stop assad!??

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plugin
He just said; he knows the opinion of the people, not only in the US but also in Europe and elsewhere that the people wants this action to stop assad!??

Its like they're running through a pre-written script for this whole thing and are ignoring anything that doesn't fit.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Big talk. No game.

Big talk is the game right now. I hope it stays that way.

+30 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well, if he says what he means and means what he says (which I think is the case)? This whole thing just got bumped to a whole new level. Syria is NOT worth any scenario that Russia is actively supporting the opposition in.

Syria MAY have the ability to inflict real pain before we'd win anyway. That all assumed Russia would not join the fight in even a background role of action against us. Anyone who thinks we can easily roll Russian tech at the level Russian nationals would man or supply it if they are serious about it, is in for the kind of sickening shock whole chapters in military texts are written on.

I hope those of us old enough to have lived part 1 have enjoyed the vacation. It looks like we're headed back to the place we all thought was behind the world in 1989. Welcome to part 2 of the cold war.

Someone thank Obama. I can't manage the words to express my appreciation of the change he brought. Peace on the world power level was getting to be so boring.

edit on 6-9-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Obama is really struggling here , he keeps switching between Barry Osama and Bill Cosby

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plugin
He is still talking live: www.bloomberg.com...

Yeah, I meant his speech...now he's taking questions. Thanks for the link, my radio went back to regular show B4

He started taking questions..now I can hear..

+39 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The world has had enough of Americas Sh*t and we are about to get slapped around.

I hope Russia, China, Iran, Syria and the rest understand that "We the People" are not our Government and act accordingly.
edit on 6-9-2013 by RocksFromSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
reply to post by deviant300

Obama just finished talking live. He basically said, "we're (USA) going to go for it. And that's, that.

And...there you have it. If only his approval ratings weren't in the dumpster over Obamacare, Benghazi, and a plethora of other issues still not dealt with. Syria wouldn't be on the table.

Another instance of the tail wagging the dog, to deflect and obfuscate.

Des

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismir

Big talk. No game.

Big talk is the game right now. I hope it stays that way.

Touche my friend

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It seems to me that the US gain control through the rebels and the russians gain control through Assad. It's an oil rich country that both countries want. I guess we'll now see who wants it the most.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
HE just mentioned WWII and how America didn't help British at first...

Holy smokes.

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Somebody should remind our Disaster and Chief....

+29 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Watching Obama speak now. He looks physically ill, his palor is not good and his eyes are sunken. That's what happens when evil takes over your soul, I guess.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

HE just mentioned WWII and how America didn't help British at first...

Holy smokes.

And then he brought up Rwanda.

Why didn't he bring up all of the kids he's killed in drone strikes, which he has ordered?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa
Watching Obama speak now. He looks physically ill, his palor is not good and his eyes are sunken. That's what happens when evil takes over your soul, I guess.

Maybe he's in need of a little vacation. It's been so long since he's taken one. The pressure of declaring war on Syria is obviously taking it's toll on the poor man. A few rounds of golf, would surly help put a smile back on that face.

Des

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
A few months ago everyone was afraid of a ww3 that could be started by North Korea and I laugh at it.
I don`t laugh about this now because there are already many innocents dying because of what`s going on inside Syria but I still don`t believe in a nuclear world war. This is just talk to the BIG GUYS make money in the markets while innocente people loose in any possible way.
A nuclear war would mean the end of the world and THEY know it. There would be no winners coming out of such thing, so only very lunatic leaders would click on the red button. Just my thoughts

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Taissa

Maybe he's in need of a little vacation. It's been so long since he's taken one. The pressure of declaring war on Syria is obviously taking it's toll on the poor man. A few rounds of golf, would surly help put a smile back on that face.

Des

Yes, he should just stick to golf.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join