It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Isn't Everyone Using This....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Did I miss something?

I recently started using Spotify

So far so good, I'm really enjoying it and considering using the "pay" service or Premium.

Maybe I'm missing something, but this is good stuff.

Anyone else out there Spotifying It ?
edit on 5-9-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I haven't even actually entered the site yet. Still mesmerized by the intro page. Never seen any website like that before...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I've been using Spotify for some months now and I Love it. There are a few occasions when searching for something a little more obscure, it cannot be found in their database but on the whole the access to thousands of artists, songs and albums is well worth the nominal price.

The other thing I love about it is that you can make your playlists available offline on your device of choice so I can listen to my music when I don't have an internet connection available.

Penny

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I thought spotify was ok at first but I swear the longer you use the free version the more ads you start to hear. It got to where I had 2 ads in between every song, and I hate the way their static ads take over the desktop.

If you go paid, let us know how that works out. Still considering it because I'm not totally satisfied with Pandora.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

I was a Pandora user myself and my reason for changing over was the ability to create my own playlists and the additional option of playing either a friends playlists, or artist radio (which is similar to pandora).

I like the fact that I can create specific playlists with tracks or albums of my choosing and not being forced to listen to "suggestions" although the related artists option in Spotify gives me the option to listen to music I might not have heard of without forcing it into my general playlists. With the amount of music I listen to it's well worth the monthly cost, IMO.

They used to offer a free trial version of the full service so if you are as addicted to music as I am, music of your own choosing without the commercials is wonderful.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

sorry. i was joking. nothing personal.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gotya

sorry. i was joking. nothing personal.

Thats off topic mate.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It's a good idea, but you have to subscribe, if you don't want ads after every track. I prefer soulseek, here you can find those obscure tracks from your past or new ones and choose the bit rate for better quality audio.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pennylemon

so, you think it is better than Pandora??

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm still using...

It's great. I have over 5,000 songs in my library and adding more every day.

I think I'll be signing up for the premium service soon. $9.99 month, no ads and listen
on any device that I own.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

HOw does it compare to other services...or is this the only one you've tried?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

This is the first one I've used. Never knew it existed until recently.

I've always just Ripped my CD's to my Hard Drive and then a little DL'ing some music
I didn't have, nothing major.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I really do like it much more than Pandora. The main reason being , Pandora uses an algorithm to "suggest" songs you might like to hear and the process of sifting through songs I didn't care to hear was tedious.

With Spotify, I get to choose each and every song that gets added to my playlist. It also allows me to have access to my songs even when I'm offline. I can also share individual songs or playlists with friends and can choose to listen to the "radio" setting, which is similar to Pandora. For me the nominal price of premium service has been well worth it.

Penny

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I was doing the same thing until i lost a couple of hard drives and with them lost all the work I had done to find or add Cd's to my playlists. I still have to add some of the more obscure stuff I enjoy but this way I never have to worry about losing all my files and my hard drive space is not used up so very quickly with my addiction to music.

The other thing I found was they have all kinds of books on tape, old radio shows and stand up comedy.

Penny

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
They didn't have a lot of the music I listen to or any of the music I can't find. any where else either, so I gave up.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Calstorm,

It's true that some of the more obscure stuff cannot be found on Spotify, or any of the monthly fee type music sites. I use my trusty old record player for that sort of thing if I can find it on vinyl that's always the way to go. Also certain bands, Led Zeppelin for example, have always had very limited licencing agreements and have gone with the no pay no play axiom. I have noticed that some of the lesser known punk and alternative bands are starting to add their stuff to Spotify in the last year or so and I'm hoping to see more.

I am curious, what are some of your favorite unfindable tracks ?

Penny

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I really liked it at first, when it came out, and the fact that I could search and listen to a lot of artist that I liked made up for the ads.
I created lots of playlists, and I even signed up for the 9.99 a month membership for a few months, then my music tastes changed a bit, and found that it lacked on a lot of different/less known artists and genres.
On top of that, now, a lot of songs that I had in the playlists I had created, even from 'top' artists, are gone/not available anymore.
Guess their contracts expired or something, all to do with money at the end of the day, It's just the philosophy of it that bothers me.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by athousandlives

Hmmm, I've been using it for a year or so and have yet to have any track removed from my playlist. I'll have to keep an eye out. It's also true that some bands and distribution contracts hold on to the music very tightly, Led Zeppelin comes to mind, I am however seeing more and more independent bands adding their stuff to spotify and I hope to see this trend continue.

Penny

top topics

<<   2 >>

join