It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Gets Answers, Questions Don\'t!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
God is great.

God is like love.

Both have almost as many definitions as there are people in the world.

God holds peoples' attention and imagination because by its very nature God allows you to put anything on it that you can imagine... and no-one can prove you wrong.

On the other hand, if you ask a straight up question, with definable parameters, people often don't want to engage because it forces them to think outside of their own little universes, and maybe be held accountable for their beliefs.

Questions get ignored on ATS if they don't fit preconceived agendas, or are just "too hard"... or aren't USA related (ATS really is a microcosm of the US).

God gets you stars and flags on ATS.

God is great!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by puzzlesphere

I Created this thread as a response to my real thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Which kind of proves the premise of this thread.

If I made an inflammatory thread about God/Politics/Religion/Aliens, we would have had some lively discussion... If I ask a serious partisan question... not a single reply.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Yeah , I must agree with you on ATS being dominated by American news and gossip . It`s been irritating me for a while but I don`t care enough to let it effect me

It`s less of a conspiracy website these days and more of a "haha look at the nutjob" website , but even that`s a conspiracy .

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AthiestJesus

Right you are!

Thanks for the reply!

I don't let it bother me too much either usually, but I spent a while composing that other thread, and thought that the nature of the question would draw some responses... and I really wanted to know others' opinions on my questions.

It's all a conspiracy!... lol

Cheers

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Hey, puzzlesphere,

It seems only atheists could answer your original post on your other thread, "What Are Our Choices," without mentioning God. Your question concerns the purpose of humanity and mankind's destiny on earth. I feel it is ignorant to insinuate like you did that believers of God are unable to think outside the box or aren't answering because they fear being accountable for their beliefs. I'm guessing, had someone answered that thread with, "The answer is in the Bible," you would have ignored that explanation. But I'm just speculating.

Believing in God, in my opinion, actually doesn't seem to be that popular on this site. I don't know if that is because I do believe and am therefore sure to have a different perspective than you ... Maybe.

I will say one of my favorite things about this site is that there are participating members from countries other than the US. I really do value the opportunity to share and learn with people from all over the world here. So I sincerely hope my fellow Americans don't run everybody off.

Lastly,I can totally relate to you statement:

I really wanted to know others' opinions on my questions.

I'm still kind of a newby here, so I don't have a lot of threads. But I can say that my two longest threads, on which I spent the most time, the only threads that ask a SPECIFIC QUESTION to the ATS community, basically went unanswered. And, dangit, I really wanted some answers! One person even told me I would have gotten a lot more answers if I had not posted my thread as a block of text and divided it into paragraphs. But I divided it by bullet points!

In conclusion, I think it's hard to pinpoint what type of thread is sure to elicit lots of answers. But I think we should both keep asking questions and seeking the truth, regardless.

Wishing the best to you.
edit on 6-9-2013 by TruthLover557 because: one too many words. had to go.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthLover557

Hi TruthLover57,

Thanks for the great response.

I honestly wasn't thinking about God when I wrote the OP, and if someone had responded with a theological viewpoint, by no means would I have dismissed them out of hand.

I think that regardless of whether you believe or not, the fundamental issue of the other thread is still facing us... Do we cull humanity or grow humanity... and regardless of the answer or your beliefs, how do we achieve either path with a minimum of human suffering?

Is there an answer to this in the bible? I know it pretty well but can't think of any passages that give a way forward in this respect other than the apocalypse... which I don't personally ascribe to in the traditional abrahamic sense.

Also, thanks for the kind words... I thought the subject matter of my other OP was perfect for this site... it hinted at government control, mass kill offs, resources and the earth, and possibly space... ahhh well, no hard feelings, just the nature of discussion... sometimes what you want to talk about isn't what everyone else wants to talk about.

Definitely keep asking questions... ;-j

PS. link your thread... i'll give an answer. ;-j

Cheers

edit on 7-9-2013 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join