It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teaching English overseas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hello, im a texan who's looking to make an impact on the global education system as and English teacher

I dont have any exp or a diploma.. I guess thats where i drop the ball. but i'm 20 years old and going to get my teafl certificate. i'm very passionate about wanting to do this and i was wondering how i could go about this?
i've done research on my own but just like everyone else i would love to have other opinions and i appreciate the fact you took the time to read and respond. thank you.

sorry mods :/ I guess i put it in the wrong forum. Ill make sure to go into correct forums after this. thank you for understanding noobs
edit on 4-9-2013 by EmittsrifEhtrof because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EmittsrifEhtrof

A very worthy goal.
However if I may offer some friendly advice, you do have to work on your writing skills.

ie. Texas is capitalised. The beginning of any sentence also should be capitalised. ( I instead of i )

You also used 'and' instead of 'an'.

Spoken and written English are two very different animals. lol.

A little practice and diligence will see you past this small hurdle.

Have you sought actual employment requirements ?
Is there a course of some type for this ?

Anyhow, good luck with it. If you are truly passionate you will overcome any barriers.

Grammar Nazi, out.

Ed: Just noticed that this is possibly in the wrong forum. You can ask a Mod about this .

edit on 4-9-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
In fact there is...
ESL Certification

I have a friend who did this recently and went to Colombia for over a year. Said it was one of the most amazing experiences of his life. Depending on the location you want to travel to it can actually be a really rewarding experience that looks great on future applications/resumes/etc.

From what i understand it is actually one of the best jobs a young adult can get before they go to college/during college or immediately after.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Welcome. Hey! We need you over in the thread about "punctuation junkies" in the RANT forum! Your thoughts on that one, please!!??!! Thanks....you can borrow some of my tin-foil for doing that!

edit on 2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timely

A very worthy goal.
However if I may offer some friendly advice, you do have to work on your writing skills.

ie. Texas is capitalised. The beginning of any sentence also should be capitalised. ( I instead of i )

You also used 'and' instead of 'an'.

Spoken and written English are two very different animals. lol.

A little practice and diligence will see you past this small hurdle.

Have you sought actual employment requirements ?
Is there a course of some type for this ?

Anyhow, good luck with it. If you are truly passionate you will overcome any barriers.

Grammar Nazi, out.

Ed: Just noticed that this is possibly in the wrong forum. You can ask a Mod about this .

edit on 4-9-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

Dude you should go HERE It was just posted, I think you'll like it

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Hehehe!

Nuh ... not going there.

new topics

top topics

join