It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom Hummingbird Feeds Her Baby in Guy’s Hand

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Hi peeps..

Just thought I would share this little heart warming video with you. So many things in this universe are so small and delicate. Including ourselves. I think it is important to show one another great compassion and love. Just like this guy with the hummingbird's...

A man was feeding a baby hummingbird, found half dead on the ground outside his office building, when he noticed a worried mom hummingbird flying past his window. He opened it up and the mother bird started feeding her baby right away. After a while, she found enough courage to feed it in the palm of his hand. He's now sleeping on the window sill with the windows open so his mom can keep feeding him and checking on him.

www.liveleak.com...

Om mani padme hum ~ The meaning of this phrase is ancient, great and vast. But simply it means ~

Good karma to all livings things..

Peace
Fluff

edit on 3-9-2013 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Beautiful.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Awe! That is amazing.
It is really neat when they get used to you, and just fly right up to you.
For some reason, they always fly right up to my hubby's face and hover, like a hello.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Thank you for that OP.
With all the drum beating and hating lately I needed something diffrent.
Something to make me go AWW...
. instead of AHH..
Very beautiful.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Great video, It brought a smile to my face.

A quick thought passed through my grey matter while watching.

"Let go of my beak you little brat!"

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Now that is a cool video. Can't recall ever seeing anyone able to get that close to a hummingbird. Hope the little guy is doing ok.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
S/F, OP! Thanks for the video - there are good things going on all around us, too - not just bad.

Peace to all.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I wish this man all good will for the size of his heart. We need more men like this.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Everybody knows I'm a sucker for animal vids.
Especially baby birds!
I've raised a few and even managed to have one blue jay I raised bring it's babies by to take peanuts from my hand. When she tried to land on a neighbor lady's head she swatted at it with a broom and we never saw our Bobby jay again.

Nice video.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I loved this so much!! After spending so many hours reading through the awfulness of today's headlines this was much needed!

I Thank You for posting this!!

S&F

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Thanks for that one... amazing little guys.

I had a couple of hummers that would buzz in when I was in my yard and hover, one on each side of my head, as I did my yard-work. They never failed to appear, at least for a couple minutes, and even brought their young 'un along one spring for a few weeks. I wonder what they were doing for that 2 year stretch watching the sweaty human...

Of course, they don't live very long with that metabolism and the world's hazards (as in feral cats people dump... grrr to the cat dumpers), and seeing only one one day and then soon after, none, was ... melancholic to say the least.

Though a few weeks ago one showed up and hovered in my face and then sat in a nearby branch before zipping off... I wonder if it was the lil' one or if I'm some sort of hummer whisperer...

probably they're just psychopomps and I'm due to die soon... heh...?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Lovely.. thank you Fluff. These little cretins beat their wings about 80 times a second...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Amazing. In times like these where we focus on war and spying. A small video full of positivity and "aaaaaw"-effect is just as important as getting the truth out.

Thanks OP.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

And their hearts can beat up to 1240 per minute, and averages at somewhere between 600-800!
I wonder how high it would go under stress o.O

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I have humming bird feeders and I watch them all the time. Every once in awhile one will get right in my face as if to say thanks, I have tried to take a picture but that just does not go over well. I have resided myself to the overwhelming honor that I feel that these precious creatures give me by coming so close.

There's not much in the way of feel good post's these days but yours is one of the few, thank you for taking the time to post this, it has made a bunch of days for me.........thank you.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

That is really beautiful, I have also a beautiful song that recites the Omi padme over and over in different tones.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Thanks for this.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Wow that is precious! Hummingbirds are such a beautiful creation

I created a thread in this forum regarding the micro and macrocosm relation; would like to know how other members feel about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you for sharing this video Fluff. What a nice experience that would been for the one handling the baby bird

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

This is wonderful, it give us all hope. The mom trusted a human being with her leedle chick. We aren't all bad just the few that run the Planet

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Very nice.

The world can be, could be, should be and will be like this one day if we keep working at it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join