It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSTED: Summertime Chemtra, errr "Lingering Contrails"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi

You've made it quite clear that your science is rather limited. BORING, at best!

well at least you've stopped trying to claim that it isn't true.

Not sure why you think that science has to be interesting for everyone tho??

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

WonderBoi
Where does it mention about the weather moving from East to West? It doesn't because we are in the westerly wind pattern. It causes weather to move from the west to the east.
edit on 2-9-2013 by WonderBoi because: (no reason given)

A low pressure system aloft moving backwards (east to west rather than west to east) from West Virginia to New Mexico?? Yes, in mid-July that's what this one did! You can see that in the animation above as an area labeled "L" in the cooler colors, being forced to take an unusual path, the key being an exceptionally strong ridge of high pressure represented by the purple shades. The most bizarre case so far of the hundreds of extreme and/or unusual weather events in recent years I've documented that might be related to the changing climate.

www.weather.com...

There's always that RARE case. Unfortunately, this has been a constant theme, over the past few years.

Since you want to talk weather, might as well through this in there.

The direction that weather moves depends upon what latitude you're at. You probably live in the mid-latitudes (the majority of people on earth do) so you're used to weather moving from west to east, but if you lived in the tropics, you might think that weather always moves the other way! The tropical regions have storm systems called "easterly waves" that move from east to west. These easterly waves can sometimes evolve into hurricanes, which generally move east to west initially and then if they get far enough north they turn (called "re-curving") and move from west to east. If the earth rotated the opposite direction, this would all be reversed, but there would still be regions where weather moves from west to east and other regions where it moves from east to west.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by WonderBoi

You're complaining about keeping your thread alive?
This thread will end up like the other 2,000 threads. Dead! You and the crew will make sure of that. I'm just posting an observation. Unfortunately, your theories don't coincide with my eyes.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Again - weather systems are not the same as clouds - you can get an easterly wind in a system that is moving the opposite direction, etc.

Unless you ARE prepared to identify roughly where you live and identify the weather system that you have photographed and show how it is impossible then you are just arguing by assertion.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

You could be under an upper level low pressure system that is causing a rotation that blows clouds (or even brings in weather) from the East rather that the normal west direction.

I live in the Northeast U.S. (in Pennsylvania), and my weather generally comes in from the west (W, NW or SW). However, on some occasions (not extremely rare occasions -- maybe 10 times per year), a low pressure system causes a counter-clockwise rotation, and when my area is under the upper part of that rotation, my weather can come from the East. A "Nor-Easter" is a classic example of this, but the weather the low pressure system brings is not always a Nor-Easter storm.

Anyway, that's one example of clouds moving the "wrong" (i.e., not the usual) direction -- but it's a moot point if you won't tell us the general area of the world in which you live.

edit on 9/2/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

BUSTED: Summertime Chemtra, errr "Lingering Contrails",

After reading this entire thread, I can honestly conclude:
The only thing that's been "BUSTED", is the OP!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Unfortunately, your theories don't coincide with my eyes.

So, your eyes overrule everything that everyone is taught in schools and colleges all around the world, is that what you're saying?

Your ignorance continues to shine brighter than the sun. It's not "our theories". It's proven scientific fact. Something of which you cannot provide to even begin to support the "chemtrail" hoax.

You continue to deliberately ignore everything that everyone is trying to explain to you, all while mocking everyone, and claiming to be correct about something that can't be proven to be real.

You're not here for genuine, honest debate or discussion. You've clearly demonstrated that you're here to play games with deliberate calculation, trickery, and deception.

If you haven't noticed by now, most people here don't believe in "chemtrails". So, you may not want to waste any more time trying to convince anyone here. Nobody's buying it.

Oh, and we don't care what the sky looks like at any given moment above your house.

edit on 2-9-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: sp

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Yes they do - your eyes are seeing weather approaching exactly as the theories describe.

your eyes are NOT seeing "chemtrails making clouds" - that is your brain making stuff up.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

So, your eyes overrule everything that everyone is taught in schools and colleges all around the world, is that what you're saying?
Do you mean, the same "schools" and "colleges" known for "dumbing" people down?

Oh, and we don't care what the sky looks like at any given moment above your house.

edit on 2-9-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: sp
If you didn't care, why are you busy giving us your 2 cents worth of information. Save it, and move along. No one is trying to convince you of anything. Unlike you.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Yes they do - your eyes are seeing weather approaching exactly as the theories describe.

your eyes are NOT seeing "chemtrails making clouds" - that is your brain making stuff up.
Weather approaching from the East, huh? Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Thanks for "enlightening me".

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

BUSTED: Summertime Chemtra, errr "Lingering Contrails",

After reading this entire thread, I can honestly conclude:
The only thing that's been "BUSTED", is the OP!

See ya,
Milt
Thanks for the contribution. You've certainly cleared things up. Phew.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Do you mean, the same "schools" and "colleges" known for "dumbing" people down?

Perhaps that's all you got out of them, but I'm pretty sure he means the ones that teach science and scientists, where meteorologists and atmospheric scientists study their craft, and generally where people get a higher education. That sort.

So to be fair it would seem likely that it's none that you're familiar with.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I've not read the replies to this thread yet but I'm sure it's been mentioned many times already. The temperature on the ground has nothing to do with the temperature at 30k plus feet. When I was 12 years old, I remember being on plane over the Mediterranean in July and the pilot told us it was -60 outside the plane.

Another fundamental lack of knowledge in the necessary areas creates yet ANOTHER baseless chemtrail theory. It is posts like this that give the whole 'community' a bad name. I'm glad I'm not a part of it.

Do yourself a favour and read up on the linked PDF. IT will give you a better understanding of atmospheric conditions. I've got a sneaking suspicion however, that you won't even click. education.sdsc.edu...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Weather approaching from the East, huh? Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Thanks for "enlightening me".

That's right because low pressure systems don't rotate do they. Oh wait, they do! D'oh, do I feel stupid now.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I have just joined this forum on the advice of a friend because of what I reported to her yesterday. I can't start a new thread but I joined for one reason, and that is that yesterday evening I looked out of the window to see the first chemtrail I have ever seen. I live a few miles north of Oxford, slap bang in the geographical centre of England. I took a panoramic photo, but it was so long that I could only capture a fraction of it
www.flickr.com...
-- I went out to get the best view I could and it just continued in both directions as far as the eye could see, and it was bending repeatedly as though not representing a normal journey from A to B.
In its defence, so to speak, it did disperse and disappear after about ten or twenty minutes; but then another one came looping around from a different origin, to join it and head off in the same direction.
Consensus that this is the real deal?
Anyone know of any escalation in the extent of the geographical area that is now being subjected to this?

edit on 3-9-2013 by BoredCollie because: ambiguity of phrasing

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BoredCollie

Could you please give the reason why you suspect this was a chemtrail and not a contrail?
Thanks.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Chemtrails and contrails occur year round. The tempertature is irrelevant.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

These "lingering contrails", linger in one place, but not the other?

WTF are you standing there taking pictures? RUN! For all that is holy--RUN! If you haven't started taping up your doors and windows it is too late already!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Could you please give the reason why you suspect this was a chemtrail and not a contrail?
Thanks.

In all my decades of life I had never before seen a con trail that a) goes from horizon to horizon and b) forms a pronounced S-shape.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BoredCollie

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Thanks.

In all my decades of life I had never before seen a con trail that a) goes from horizon to horizon and b) forms a pronounced S-shape.

Your picture:

So, jets are not suppose to fly from one horizon to the other horizon?

And that same jet, is not suppose to change course while flying?

I ask because your image clearly shows a jet that originates far from you, has flown over head, has changed course, and is headed to a place that is also far from you.

Here on Earth, the furthest anyone can see on a clear day is 20 miles before the curve of the Earth takes things out of view.

If a jet took off from further than 20 miles from you, it will appear in the sky on the horizon. And, if it flies for more than 40 miles, it will reach the other horizon and disappear from your sight.

Or are you saying that all jets must originate and land within a 20 mile radius of you? (then how does one fly from New York to Paris? San Diego to Tokyo? Sydney to London? Miami to Moscow?

And that jets must never turn while flying?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join