It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US assault on Syria just hours away

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I am not posting this to be inflammatory or to spread rumors - just thought this looked somewhat credible and wanted to share the info in case it is of interest or importance to anyone:

Jerusalem Post article

I live in the San Francisco bay area and participated in the very big war protests in San Francisco before the last big gulf war. I love America and am just as much a patriot as anyone, but I am disgusted that it looks like we are about to commit violent acts abroad yet again. I've been rather frustrated as I haven't seen any information on protests being organized for this weekend - so I think me and my wife are just going to make some signs and head out to San Fran tomorrow and start protesting. If anyone would like to join us let me know and I can give you my contact info!

I won't go into details of my political beliefs, although if anyone is interested please ask away and I will answer
As far as I am concerned there's no need to complicate things right now with such details. Violence is violence. What makes a patriot missile that goes off target and kills some innocent people and children so much better than if they were killed by some other means... I paid for part of those patriot missiles with my tax dollars that I paid to the feds - and I am now feeling very nauseous....

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I am interested in when this Syria strike is going to happen, it is my top interest right now, I don't think it is going to go very well.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Meanwhile, Iran continues to bolster its ally, the Assad government, in its quest to squash a rebel-led campaign to unseat it. According to Israel Radio, the BBC reported that the chairman of the Iranian parliament's foreign affairs and defense committee, Aladdin Burucerdi, visited the Damascus to reassure the regime of Tehran's support.

make sense..assad fully suport by iran..it just the cover..something big there and usa want to rape it what ever it take..event powerfull country like rusia always suport assad..!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
So, I guess ill just post this to make my own little mark in history in case the US actually does put the nail in the coffin for the world as we know it.
Cause something tells me we are screwed the moment this crap goes down.

...But hope aint gone quite yet.

Take care all of you

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAlive

Well, it seems the UN inspectors just left the country. They are out of harms way now. The US seems just itching to strike as fast as possible, but it's in the middle of the day in Syria at the moment, and the US likes to strike in the middle of the night. If what the article says is true, I would give it about 8-10 hours for the first strikes to hit right after sundown in Syria.

Something that I noticed in the article though:

According to Israel Radio, Kuwaiti press quotes sources in the Gulf as saying that Washington will launch strikes against Syria from bases in Turkey and Cyprus.

Bases in Turkey and Cyprus? I thought this was going to be just a cruise missile strike from the Destroyers in the area? Does this mean air power is now going to be involved?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

This intervention has nothing to do with Syrian chemical weapons..this was the only way the Knesset could get the US to do its bidding on Iran and ppl are 'falling for it' yet again.

I suggest no one cry foul when retaliations happen...and they will...we lost any moral high ground the moment the US began to send troops to Jordan and armed the Al Nursa rebels months ago. Its too late now to say we aren't already intervening..

The saddest irony in this situation being..how many US and Allied servicemen have died fighting Al Queda..and now the US is offering them military and material support, aiding and abetting war criminals who've murdered your sons dads mums wives husbands and daughters. I thought doing that - materially aiding your enemy- was an act of treason? Shrugs...things and times must have changed..

In being in Jordan, in sending ships, in being a pack of bullys, the US and IDF are making a mockery of every life lost in Iraq and Afghanistan...making a mockery of international law and justice..making a mockery of every GOOD thing......its sick..twisted abuser logic..and the people of the US and Israel will not be the last..but they will most certainly be the first reap what they've sown....that's not a threat or a statesmen of support for Assad or anyone else either....that's just cause/effect common sense...its going to happen..so I hope folks have all they need to get through it..inside and out.

White Phosphorus, DU, et al...aka chemical weapons....the US uses them too.
consciouslifenews.com...

Road to WW3
www.youtube.com...

200 kids...500 thousand..whats the difference in how if we ignore who?
www.youtube.com...

edit on 31-8-2013 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I do agree any strike will come after sundown however i think the U.S are also going to want to be seen to wait for the interim report from the weapons inspectors.

As far as i am aware one of the weapons inspectors left yesterday and was due to report to the UN HQ in the U.S, i have no idea how long it would take but im guessing that due to the small window of opportunity the U.S has to carry out these strikes it may well begin tomorrow eve.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
go protest Pelosi she voted for all the wars and is pushing Syria.
she lives near by.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
There won't be any strike.

Mark my words

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

"Hours away" can mean anything..

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

If this happens it will be the start of something very serious and much grander in scale.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
There won't be any strike.

Mark my words

I hope you are right because last I heard at noon Friday [pacific time] the party was basically over and there was going to be a VERY limited strike if at all. What did I miss?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I'm expecting a couple of bombing runs by B-1's, an attack after sundown makes sense considering that there isn't a full moon. Does anyone know if we keep any B-2's in Greece or turkey?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Funny how the doom fearers/wishers hang onto every word anyone says that hint toward attack.

I mean , until their is action. You just don't know what is coming next

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Syria says expects military attack "at any moment", is ready to retaliate: AFP

The Syrian government says that it expects a military attack "at any moment", a security official has told the AFP news agency.

"We are expecting an attack at any moment. We are ready to retaliate at any moment," said the security official, who wished to remain anonymous.

Aljazeera

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I think Zaph will be correct, he assumed it would be sunday. It seems Sunday it will be.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Syria says expects military attack "at any moment", is ready to retaliate: AFP

The Syrian government says that it expects a military attack "at any moment", a security official has told the AFP news agency.

"We are expecting an attack at any moment. We are ready to retaliate at any moment," said the security official, who wished to remain anonymous.

Aljazeera

Im seeing the same starting to pop up on other sources

www.brecorder.com...

DAMASCUS: Syria expects a military attack "at any moment", a security official told AFP on Saturday, just hours after UN experts probing a suspected gas attack blamed on the regime left the country.

www.gmanetwork.com...

Earlier the team of United Nations inspectors that was investigating the alleged chemical weapons attack in Syria arrived at Beirut International Airport on Saturday, a Reuters witness said

The team had crossed the land border from Syria into Lebanon earlier in the day after completing its four-day investigation.

These are popping up just right after the UN team left Syria
edit on 31-8-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Quite inflammatory .. pls phage, .... even i beg of you, for a sanity check on this one ...

i dont want to seem anti Jewish etc ... but it does seem a little skewed ....

Muzz ...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ormuz

What specifically seems inflammatory? I'm just curious and looking for feedback.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ormuz

I don't think this has anything to do with Judaism. It makes common sense that local media organizations in that area might have some contacts and information that are relevant. And, possibly have some information that wasn't available to CNN, etc.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join