It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters: Saudi Arabia Raises Military Alertness Over Syria To Level "2" From Level "5"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Saudi Arabia raises military alertness over Syria: sources
DOHA/CAIRO | Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:49am EDT

(Reuters) - Saudi Arabia, a supporter of rebels fighting to topple President Bashar al-Assad, has raised its level of military alertness in anticipation of a possible Western strike in Syria, sources familiar with the matter said on Friday.

The United States has been calling for punitive action against Assad's government for a suspected poison gas attack on a Damascus suburb on August 21 that killed hundreds of people.

Saudi Arabia's defense readiness has been raised to "two" from "five", a Saudi military source who declined to be named told Reuters. "One" is the highest level of alert.

"It is a must, no one knows what will happen," he said.

The source said other countries in the region, including Jordan, Turkey and Israel, appeared also to have raised their level of military readiness.

A second source said Saudi Arabia's defense readiness had been raised last week, and meant that all leave for the armed forces would be canceled.
www.reuters.com...

Is this similar to the U.S. raising it's DEFCON from five to two? At any rate, things are heating up. Just wanted to disseminate this information.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
They musta' gotten a call from Obama. 24-48 hour notice. That kind of thing.
I'd bet a box of donuts on it, but there is no way to prove it.
This tells me that Obama saying that he hasn't made up his mind .... that's false.
(Obama telling lies .. what else is new?)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Why do I have a feeling "bombs will drop" on Labor day...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
Why do I have a feeling "bombs will drop" on Labor day...

The USA still has to issue it's 'get out of Syria now' warning to all the UN people and others
who are in the country. They usually do that with a good 48 hour notice.

By the time Obama gets around to pulling the trigger .. Assad will have moved all the (alleged)
chemical weapons and assets out of harms way.

This 'strike' is being run pathetically. It's unnecessary ... but if they are going to do it at
least they could pretend to know what they are doing ....

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I had the same thought. I posted as much in a different thread. A response to that post was that things would go down during the next New Moon on Thursday the 5th. I agreed with this poster.

edit on 8/30/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Absolutely! It feels like a 3 ring circus and the Ring Master is MIA and all the ass clowns are now running the show.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

The Jewish holidays are coming up .... Yom Kippur and Rosha hashana.
It wouldn't surprise me if big things happened on those days.
Just because there is so much 'biblical and prophetic' about dealing with Damascus ....
that'll really kick off the religion and prophecy forums here !!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Wow, could it be that the Saudi Arabians will commit thier very large modern airforce (see below) to action in Syria?

en.wikipedia.org...

Could it be that fighter pilot princelings of the regime will give their lives for their Sunni brothers trying to take over Syria?

Drum Roll.....

Of course not, thats what they pay Obama for. Why risk a family member when you can sub-contract it to an foreign henchman.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'd bet the TLAMs start launching sometime in the next 36 hours.

It is already early Saturday morning in Syria, so that means most, if not all, of the UN's inspection team should be out of country.

Per recent US TTP, expect the first strikes to come at night.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

FlyersFan
They musta' gotten a call from Obama. 24-48 hour notice. That kind of thing.
I'd bet a box of donuts on it, but there is no way to prove it.
This tells me that Obama saying that he hasn't made up his mind .... that's false.
(Obama telling lies .. what else is new?)

More likely its a message to Obama to hurry up they have a pipe line to build.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Well... Now I wasn't thinking about that... Doesn't El Presidente' still need to issue an evacuation order? As per what FFan was saying???

Or am I interpreting your post wrong?

Please advise Dreine.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

this_is_who_we_are

Is this similar to the U.S. raising it's DEFCON from five to two? At any rate, things are heating up. Just wanted to disseminate this information.

It can sort of be like DEFCON but depends on how they use it.

For example, there is no single DEFCON level for all of the US military. Each branch goes to a different DEFCON level depending upon the situation, and what the POTUS and Sec. Of Defense order.

For example, since the DEFCON system was invent, the highest we have ever gone is DEFCON 2 during the Cuban Missile Crisis. But only SAC (Strategic Air Command) was ordered to DEFCON 2. All other branches of the military were only raised to DEFCON 3 at that time.

So for the US military, it depends on what is going on and what the POTUS has ordered the threat level to be raised to AND which branches. During 9/11, all branches were raised to DEFCON 3 on the day it happened.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
United Nations To Leave Syria on Saturday Morning
They aren't out yet .. but they will leave Saturday AM ... Syrian Time.
They have to be out of the country before the bombs fly.

Also - News has it that Assad has already evacuated his people from key positions.
So Obama will be tossing multimillion dollar missiles at empty sites.

It's so freak'n STUPID.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I thought TLAM had a special 'baby milk factory' homing mode. Maybe that was only the clinton era model.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Anybody know what kind of military resources S.A has?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

I have no idea. Here's a Wikipedia link

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
There is absolutley NOTHING we have to gain by attacking Syria.Except more trouble,lives lost,billions wasted in a place we shouldnt be.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

That was probably done privately. I'd be surprised if there are many UN officials still in Syria. I think once the team that is analyzing the evidence that will be used to prove a chemical attack that will start the countdown. I believe that team will leave tomorrow.

I'm not very sure why these other countries would raise their alertness. Can anyone explain this to me?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
I'm not very sure why these other countries would raise their alertness. Can anyone explain this to me?

Spill over from the situation could easily happen. Saudi Arabia isn't far from Syria .. and Saudi Arabia has been in a proxy war in Syria for many years. If Canada was expecting to be bombed by Russia ... I would think that the USA would be on high alert as well. Major troop/asset movements and bombs falling tend to make people nervous .. with good reason.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

You have to commit ground forces to Syria to have any real effect, think we all know that would quickly become a no armer, legger ,no brainer.
Saudi Arabia knows it will be ground zero for an Iranian first strike
edit on 30-8-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join