It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The People Have Spoken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
All the President has to do is look at social media and news polls to see that the people
of America are sick and tired of these pointless and deliberate wars.

The People have spoken- and from what I gather- they are rather loud about the fact that no intervention in syria is at all necessary-especially with the problems here in the mainland. We know what getting involved in a street fight with two of our enemies will do to us and our image abroad. Not only are we not minding our own buisness-but we are even finding anyway we can to stir things up instead of letting the rest of the world in that region handle it. Let their ALLIES deal with it so we can JUDGE THEM FOR ONCE on how they handle it, instead of the one being judged AGAIN?

Come on Mr. President, use your head. Be a President-Of the People-Not-Of yourself. Or is that out of your reach?

The rest of America is desperately trying to hold onto this nation- your should help pick up the rope and pull a little- fix that slouch in your back you have claimed to have. =) "Dont bomb me Bro

Edit-SpellCheck

edit on 29-8-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
haha- Nobody has anything to say on this matter?

First time I have started a thread and nobody responds to it.

How should I take that? haha

"DAAA...Nobody wants to play with me"

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

What you stated just goes to show that ~ We the people's opinions is not taken into consideration nor looked upon.

I personally feel that you are correct, even on the social networking sites there is a particular distaste for what is transpiring in Syria, you "would" think that the civillian consensus would deter our political figures from entering a "no win" scenerio but alas that is not the case.

I don't think that it's not that nobody wants to, "Daaaaa, play with you
" just that you stated blaten truth that needs no justification on resolution, one of which does not paint a pretty picture for the future.

Best regards,

sulaw
edit on 29-8-2013 by sulaw because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2013 by sulaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
We still do not have enough Trax chairs for the guys already maimed.

These cowards hide behind women and children. The entire ME is not worth one more life.

We have our enemy fighting our enemy. They want to break that up?

I just want to sit it out and cheer for both sides.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

You amd me both~ I say: Let's make us some nuclear microwaveable popcorn, set up a couple kegs and our HD TV's and watch them battle it out!

It could be the Syrian Battle Royal only on Pay Per View~ Only cost you $59.99 for the whole battle....

I digress...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys- (kicks ball back)

I am glad to see people are on the same page for once- our enemies are killing each other and we feel the need to get involved because we feel we ALWAYS have to get involved.

$59.99 isnt a bad price- Id pay it.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

It's sick and twisted but it's true that most American would pay the 59.99 to watch our enemies blow each other up.... We just need someone to video it.... Where's Geraldo???

I am glad to see people are on the same page for once- our enemies are killing each other and we feel the need to get involved because we feel we ALWAYS have to get involved.

We get involved because it's the Humanitarian "thang" to do
.... We pillage and plunder in the name of "god"... It's very disturbing... But hey! I'm just a lowly peon er... peasent??? What does my voice matter...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

"But hey! I'm just a lowly peon er... peasent??? What does my voice matter... "

To them- nothing. And thats the problem. Like someone stated in another thread- Our govt has gone Rogue.

They can care less what the population feels about any given situation- that is unless it suits their agenda- then they scream from the rooftops about how the public supports their evil plans.

Sad.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
When do they ever listen to the people? This will go ahead out of necessity for their prior inactions.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

See, I think you may have something there.

I still think they will invade Syria, but right now I think they are trying to placate their base and trying to distract us. Maybe to make it seem like, we are for the people and we "listen" to what they want.
They want the different parties arguing to stay distracted and keep their minds off their dissatisfaction with an impending war. After all I think people of all walks of life are saying stay out of Syria. .

I'm basing it off these three headlines which I saw in the last few hours.

NBC: DOJ Won't challenge Colo. and WA marijuana

People for pot will be arguing against people who think it's the most deadly plant on Earth.

Also NBC: Gay marriage to be recognized by IRS

People who think this is a step for federal recognition (I support) versus those who believe any govt. recognition of someones personal choice is attacking on them.

Yahoo and AP Obama new gun control
And people for the right to bear arms, versus those who are afraid of guns.

Edit: Forgot to add, that if people are arguing about these three polarizing issues, those for those issues are going to remember Obama as great, and those against are going to remember Obama as bad and will forget all about the spying, other civil rights violations, the desire to invade another country, and even the new spy satellite that was launched yesterday.
edit on 29-8-2013 by collietta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by collietta

Yup- Only this time- it seems that instead of the usual Obama defending- we mostly hear only silence from those who support this president on most issues...that in and of itself(the silence of the left) speaks volumes
because it seems that they can not defend this position- which IMO is a good start. They just dont want
to VOICE their opinion against it- they would rather remain silent which is the same as disagreeing if you ask me.

So yes- I believe NOBODY wants us to be involved- yet we keep hearing the terms "limited engagement"-"Quick strategic strikes"- which to any other country WOULD be an act of war.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
When do they ever listen to the people? This will go ahead out of necessity for their prior inactions.

exactly. Our govt can give a damn about what their people think- and that was the point of me creating this thread. Thanks

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

If people really cared enough to hold their elected officials accountable, they would have already done so. They like to consume. The president likes his kickbacks while going what his masters tell him to do. Why would he care about the people? The time for honest politics is long been over. It's been bought and paid for on your blood, sweat, and tears.

join