It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still no undeniable photos/video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Make this a quick, straight to the point question.

We live in a world where everyone has a cellphone (smartphone). Still hundreds of people report seeing UFO, aliens, and having contact with them, and yet, with millions of people carrying said smartphones, and with pretty good cameras and video recording capabilities, we still see no clear, undeniable photos or video of UFOS and/or aliens.

Thoughts?
edit on 28-8-2013 by Nephilimsreturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
www.ufocasebook.com...

There are certainly some clear ones in that list , but then the question remains.. real or fake ?

But you are right, there should be more "evidence" by now.

Not sure why, maybe people don't look up at the sky anymore as it used to be (you know , people have 'busy' lives these days)

edit on 28-8-2013 by Alundra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I like to think, that if i was driving, and saw what i thought, even for a second was a UFO/Alien in the woods, side of the road whatever, BAM smartphone is would be in hand, recording.

But your right, all that would happen is that the poster would just be flooded with "fake" "Hoax" etc.

Which leads to the question, If someone produced a clear photo, video, how clear, or what would have to have included to make you accept it as REAL evidence.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephilimsreturn

We live in a world where everyone has a cellphone (smartphone). Still hundreds of people report seeing UFO, aliens, and having contact with them, and yet, with millions of people carrying said smartphones, and with pretty good cameras and video recording capabilities, we still see no clear, undeniable photos or video of UFOS and/or aliens.

Thoughts?
cell phones seem pretty horrible at taking good pictures of things at a distance. I was 9th row behind home plate at a Phillies game recently and I took a picture on my iphone to show how close I was and the picture it looked like I was a mile away. I don't think cell phones can prove or disprove anything, at least right now.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephilimsreturn

Even if a UFO landed on the white house lawn , some people would still call it a hoax until they see it with their own eyes ! I guess the truth or the evidence is in the eye of the beholder.

Maybe we should setup some ufo spotters network..So that on a given date all people involved would look up at the sky with the the best tech they can get within hands reach so that if anything occurs it can be recorded and uploaded quickly on the web.

Or some permanent camera setup at well known UFO hotspots .. like they do in the Hessdalen Project
www.hessdalen.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The Universe is Bernard Schnitzel.

No photos or videos will ever happen.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
If the phenomenon is real, it should still be possible to create *convincing* evidence, regardless whether someone shot a picture or did rather shaky cell-phone footage.

The problem is that the *existing* ones are mostly OBVIOUS fakes.

The rule is is very simple: Can, what you see, have a conventional explanation?

Not an UFO example, but a TYPICAL example here would be an old thread here on ATS where someone claimed that a Ghost would have rocked a kid's rocking horse.

The "evidence" given was a video of a horse rocking where the most plausible explanation is that a string was used. (There was other evidence in that particular video which clearly prove to me it was a hoax with a string).

AS LONG as "what you see" has one or better even, *multiple* plausible explanations there is no reason to assume an exotic explanation.

A "light in the sky" has multiple potential plausible explanations. An "orb" has a plausible explanation. A contrail is just a contrail, UNLESS someone can make a convincing case it is not. (Haven't come across a single one so far) And so on, and so on.

Give ONE convincing footage where CGI is unlikely (there are ways to evaluate footage)..and where there is no apparent plausible explanation...and it's "good" footage legitimating further investigation.

But: 99% of videos, particular Youtube etc. doesn't even fit this criterion...they are not even worth investigating further since you can throw them away before you even give them a second thought.

And..I agree that THOSE types of images/videos are ultra-rare, not to say they don't exist.

And...concluding that the entire phenomenon is maybe not even real is actually justified seeing that the proof, very real, doesn't exist. It's ironic that some of the "best cases" are often based PURELY on witness accounts without ANY hard evidence whatsoever. Belgian wave, phoenix triangles etc.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Correcto!

now, what is the argument you are trying to prove?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I think it quite weird myself. People capture so many odd and rare things on camera, never before seen footage, yet there has been no clear video/pic ever produced. With the millions of UFO sightings and claims of abductions, it makes me wonder if there is some sort of biological phenomenon that may be impacting human senses instead?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Thoughts? Yeah. You are--by your own admission--very new to this subject. As such you should probably be spending much more time digging through the many informative threads here on ATS than starting minimal posts that are "101" for a majority of the rest of us.

Seriously, imo, a little more reading before you post will be very beneficial for you.

edit on 28-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that most UFO sightings are either natural phenomenon, misidentification, hoaxes or secret government craft. I don't believe any of the quacks & crackheads that claim they were abducted by aliens. Perhaps some have been subject to government experiments but, there is literally zero proof of alien visitations to earth. Until someone comes forth with that....it is what it is.

Also, I do believe in the possibility of life outside of our solar system...that, is an entirely different story though.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
IMO a photo, no matter how clear it is will NEVER be accepted as proof .a photo without the photographers story behind it means nothing, same with video.

the old saying ... 'In this day with all the smart phones etc etc etc ' . To answer it for yourself go out tonight and take a pic of something in the sky with your smartphone, just see how clear it turns out. ( Ive been trying to get a nice clear shot of a full moon with DSLR camera , not having much luck due to my lack of knowledge ) Then take into account the speed these things travel . Then take into account the fact that in most cases its a first sighting of something strange , said person may have no clue about orange orbs or UFO 's I can tell you it takes a while for the brain to makes sense of what its seeing. Its easy for you to say that getting a camera is the first thing you would do because you are here on ATS you already have an idea of what people are reporting.
I did reach for my iPhone by the time I got through the passcodes and got it onto video they were already far away . I regret even thinking of the camera, it took me away from just watching them, i missed some of their movements My footage shows nothing clear it only proves there was in fact something there. I don't need to upload it because I already know the responses ;0) I may just blow a fuse if someone TOLD me they were flying lanterns or helicopters.

I think people who are serious about finding out the truth , whatever that may be, need to come together somehow.
From my short time here at ATS I have come to believe that most skeptics are more afraid of being thought of as gullible if found to be hoax rather than trusting people's stories from the start . We need to trust that the majority of people have ruled out the obvious before coming to a UFO conclusion. We need to NOT assume that all/most people who have seen things are nut jobs.and if you 100% DO NOT believe then stay out of it. Shame on the hoaxers, not us for believing them. Hoaxers obviously do not want the truth to come out either way.

I speak for myself that I want to know the truth even if its proven to be a govt or natural phenomena , so we need skeptics to take our stories seriously and try prove it to be human in nature while the believers do there bit to try prove it to be ET. Surely it has to be proven either way?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
In the hope of making this discussion more interesting, I present the following. First, a disclaimer: Let's don't confuse UFOs to mean Aliens.

Having said that, have the anomalies in the following pre-cellphone era ever been convincingly debunked?

WARNING: DO NOT watch if you are afraid of MIBs stalking your workplace!!

MIB - Paranoia

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Thoughts? Yeah. You are--by your own admission--very new to this subject. As such you should probably be spending much more time digging through the many informative threads here on ATS than starting minimal posts that are "101" for a majority of the rest of us.

Seriously, imo, a little more reading before you post will be very beneficial for you.

Care to point me in the direction of some must read threads?

I have about 12 hours a night to kill....for the next 3 months.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Care to point me in the direction of some must read threads?

I have about 12 hours a night to kill....for the next 3 months.

I like you, don't get me wrong. I starred your introductory thread. But, yeah, after I cook dinner for the family and clean up, I'll try and make a list.

Although, it would be much easier, and much more personally educational and not dependent on me, if you just went to the proper forum category and started clicking on thread titles that sounded interesting to you.

Doing that will DEFINITELY help you kill all that extra time at work you keep mentioning and, as an added bonus, should kill your boredom whilst at the same time taking your mind off MIBs stalking you and such.

Seriously, with all my heart, no offense, k?

Aliens & UFO Forum

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

I agree with you to some degree except where you talk about orbs and a plausible alternative... Whats plausible to someone who has not seen an orb would not be plausible to someone who has seen one.
It seems the majority of sightings at the moment are these orbs/ lights. I don't like to call them orbs because to me it makes it seem they are like the orbs you see in ghost footage. The sky orbs look nothing like them. The plausible explanation for them is a lantern , helicopter, plane, meteor blah blah... The ones i saw are NOT any of those.

To me a drone is not plausible because I am yet to see any proof that there are drones that look like orange lights or can move at the speeds these things do. If they were drones the govt are obviously not trying to keep them secret due to the multiple sightings and so therefor should have some photographic proof of them.

I recently saw a report of the foo fighters, orange orbs , their explanation is living plasma balls. It got me really thinking this IS plausible. But their words were something like we don't know enough about it yet. As in they have no clue if plasma could make these formations, keep these formations at high speed or move the way they do , but possibly it could. Therefor I don't accept that as a plausible explanation until they can prove that.

So all in all whats plausible to one may not be plausible to another ;0)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
At night, holding a smartphone, trying to film or take a picture of something far away, maybe a moving target. And there you go...another one of those horrible photos we see all the time.

The technology is here, but people dont use it. In fact cellphones are way way worse to take pictures with than any old film loaded camera people had 20,30 or 40 years ago. The sensors are much smaller on cell phones. Now when people are moving away from classic cameras and tend to use only cellphones to take pictures with, we get worse results than ever before, and less possibility to get clear shots of anything. Thats why we don't see any new evidence despite our parent technology. Its here, but ordinary everyday people have worse cameras now than ever before.

Sure if you go and buy a full frame DSLR with a good lens you might stand a chance. But not otherwise, if not extremely lucky to spot a UFO standing still just above the treetops. And that happens, never.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Chazam

Agreed. Smartphones only make things worse.

Here's another, non-smartphone film, that makes me wonder:

One more (Just the Concorde, can't speak for the other):

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Thoughts?

Lost count amount of times of heard this question asked here at ATS. I will repeat mobile phones are not designed to take video/photo at great distances especially anything in the sky thats goes for most camcorders as well.

And even if you did have crystal clear video its not enough prove existence of UFOs of any significance without collaborating evidence (multiple eye witnesses and photos/video, radar reports etc).

If youre asking do UFOs exist then answer is Yes its just that we dont know what they are or who they belong to..and contrary what pseudo skeptics will tell you not ALL UFOs are misidentificiations or natural phenomenon.

Without a doubt their something going on..we just cant put our finger on it.

edit on 28-8-2013 by anomalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

The source for the Nellis footage is unknown but its does look genuine and you gotta love the funky movement and morphing,

The second video with concord i heard was internal lens reflection of a light source possibly the sun..the 'UFO' never goes behind the aircraft as it appears in the video nor did anyone see it.

edit on 28-8-2013 by anomalie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join