It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jason bourne/special ops training methods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Does anyone know what kinds of training a special ops "Jason Bourne" training takes place...

I know in the films the agents are chemically enhanced, but what training methods do you think they would use to take there special ops agents to the next level??

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
most of the techniques seem like koppojutsu and taijutsu
aikijutsu and daikentaijutsu.

of course any real agencies would be getting instruction in every type of hand to hand they are likely to encounter.

if you want to find a martial art, dont be fussy. start with whatever is closest to you, and follow a path from there.

i always recommend traditional martial arts over 'freestyles" or mixed martial arts.

find your way.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
You're gonna have to be a bit more specific in you term of "training".

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Without going into a bunch of details, you might find Stephen Hayes book "The Ninja Defense" worth a look. It comes with a very well done training DVD that not only covers the fighting moves but also how to train with a partner.

The skills you get from the basic defense moves shown both in the video and the book are very useful.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
First step is to separate fantasy from reality.

Approaching fighting with your attitude is going to get you stabbed in a street fight....if you regularily get in situations against multiple opponents you need to go to counseling.

If you are not currently a special agent; you probably wont be going into hand to hand combat with other special agents....ever.

There is no known fighting technique that will work every time (Bourne) on multiple similar weighted opponents...especially opponents which have the same training as you.

Every reply which seriously suggests some sort of self defence DVD or technique is simply guiding you towards a beating/early death.

If you are serious you need to find a fighting style that allows you to train to concussion/submission status against similar sized opponents and do this 6 days per week for 4 hours per day for about 6 mths.

The ONLY way to train to fight is by fighting other men but obviously unless you have pro athlete type guidance you will get injured in the process.

BJJ with Boxing, Catch Wrestling and Muay Thai would be a good start but probs best to stay on video games.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jukiodone
Approaching fighting with your attitude is going to get you stabbed in a street fight....

Or shot in a knife fight....

Despite what you think, Jason Bourne films are not documentaries.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

Actually watching different fighting techniques videos is a helpful learning aid. It allows a person to see different styles of fighting without having to find an instructor. For a person wanting to learn a fighting style they need to see what they may or may not like before investing time and money into learning it.

The reason I suggested that book was that it covers the mindset of not fight, and looks at self defense. The video that comes with it covers not only sparring with a partner, but also safe use of equipment while training.

In the end though, it's important to find an instructor that covers the fighting style you want to learn (nothing beats real hands on training). After finding a style you like then go looking for somebody to teach you. If you can't find a Dojo go to a Martial Arts supply store, and ask if they know anyone that teaches the style you like. There are a lot of professional instructors that only teach private lessons, but make sure to interview them before deciding on which instructor you choose.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by punk316
what training methods do you think they would use to take there special ops agents to the next level??

Most of Bourne's fighting technique looks like Boxing combined with Judo/Ju-Jitsu aspects.

In reality they would more than likely opt for something like Krav-Maga/Jeet Kune Do

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Just stay in shape... lift weights, run, buy a punching bag etc. You really don't have to fight/spar with anyone risking injury... My first fight was against a 10 degree black belt or something.... I whipped his a$$ in minutes because I was in better shape. No jason bourne martial arts needed....

edit on 6-9-2013 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by punk316

Are you interested in learning the martial arts that Jason Bourne Dodson the movies? Cause if that's the case he was doing Danny inosantos blend of Kali, panatukan, and silat (cimande, bunti negera, serak) as choreographed by Jeff imada ( who got his start in the movie big trouble little china). The stick a d weapons fighting was escrima, Arnis. Using two sticks, its called sinawai.

However if you want to learn what the actual sf guys were learning fire pry hand combat they all get shipped over to the Philippines to take a crash course in pekiti tersia. Basically they all learn Kali which was born from silat which was inherited largely by the Indians platha shatar vidia. And some southern chinese martial arts. Collectively called kuntao in south east Asia. Looks a little like jeet kun do.

Also the west coast seals were taught for a whileby a crazy jeet kun do teacher called Paul vunak.

They basic military learns mcmap and other similar systems. Which. Are all basically judo, jujitsu and basic combatives. However the sod isl guys basically learn Kali.

Also check out systema. Extremely similar to the south East Asian martial arts. Kelly McCann always has so e good advice and books since he also used to teach the special forces. Mostly the sf use Kali be haze the us special forces were influenced by the sas. The sas were heavily influenced by their time in the British colonies in se Asia. There they all learned the local fighting systems cause they destroyed the western boxing and combative techniques very easy. The martial art was plain superior so they picked it up and learned it. The us were influenced by the British and started training in it too. Check out videos online and you'll see why they obviously chose the arts or large sections of it. The Dutch though are the real masters of those sort of arts though in the western world because they spent a lot if time in their Indonesian colonies learning the local silat.
edit on 6-9-2013 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Lots of good advice. The best was to go to your local old school martial arts supply store and seek a private instructor. Stay away from any place that requires uniforms and has belts. Never go to mc dojo. If you can't find a really good martial art academy or dojo go find a boxing gym or a wrestling gym. Stay away from people teaching out of their local gyms boxi g and the like they really are clueless.

Also sounds crazy but if you want to learn to survive in a combative situation. Mma will teach you some basics but will fall very short in real life. A lot if the training is for the ring and will get you more hurt or killed when the guys buddies show up

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Also sounds crazy but if you want to learn to survive in a combative situation. Mma will teach you some basics but will fall very short in real life. A lot if the training is for the ring and will get you more hurt or killed when the guys buddies show up
Very true. I was told while learning hand to hand combat that if the fight lasts for more then a minute....you've lost.

The art of fighting is to end the fight as fast as possible with as little injury as possible.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guyfriday
The art of fighting is to end the fight as fast as possible with as little injury as possible.

I call this the art of "not fighting"

And it doesn't necessarily mean you don't have an opponent either.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

I concurs. Realistically you want to finish the fight in seconds. Less than 10. Ideally you should be able to strike the guy once or twice and it should've over after that. Combative martial arts all have one thing in common they s hunt the limbs. Systema does it. Kali does it (gunting). Silat does it. They call it defanging the cobra. You know when a boxer jabs at you you can easily shatter his arm In one go move to the outside of the gate( shoulder) into a dominate position crank the neck back dropping a little of your body weight and the dudes I the ground with a broken neck his eyes following you around gurgrling spittle from the side if his jury. It one simple ice it a basic in lots if realistic martial arts and it all happens in less than a few seconds. Look at how apes fight. What's the first thing a chimp does? Takes away you weapons. Your arms and hands. The Indonesians call it defanging the cobra. You can destroy limbs without at bars and stupid licks. Check out dumog. Basic serak.
edit on 6-9-2013 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
For everyone reading my posts. Forgive my iPhones horrible horrible horrible auto correct. Is there any way to turn it off? It's driving me crazy and what ends up getting typed out makes me look like a nut.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by Guyfriday

I call this the art of "not fighting"

And it doesn't necessarily mean you don't have an opponent either.
Situational awareness will stop most fights from ever happening. Why walk into a burning house right, but if there IS no way to avoid the fight then you should end it as fast as possible. Don't worry about getting hurt, it's going to happen, just worry about preventing them from chasing you after you get away from them.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

really

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Jukiodone
First step is to separate fantasy from reality.

Approaching fighting with your attitude is going to get you stabbed in a street fight....if you regularily get in situations against multiple opponents you need to go to counseling.

If you are not currently a special agent; you probably wont be going into hand to hand combat with other special agents....ever.

There is no known fighting technique that will work every time (Bourne) on multiple similar weighted opponents...especially opponents which have the same training as you.

Every reply which seriously suggests some sort of self defence DVD or technique is simply guiding you towards a beating/early death.

If you are serious you need to find a fighting style that allows you to train to concussion/submission status against similar sized opponents and do this 6 days per week for 4 hours per day for about 6 mths.

The ONLY way to train to fight is by fighting other men but obviously unless you have pro athlete type guidance you will get injured in the process.

BJJ with Boxing, Catch Wrestling and Muay Thai would be a good start but probs best to stay on video games.

Agreed!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
If you live in a rough area all you nee to do is carry around a small vile of pepper spray. Pepper spray or a knife gives you like equivalent of a karate black belt I'd say on average. In terms of fighting I'd focus on just talking your way out of it. If that doesn't work just run. If that doesn't work and your backed into a corner then you aim for the eyes, throat, or balls. Like one simple poke to the eye could end a fight.

As far as training goes I'd serious focus on more like hacker type skills. And I'm not just talking computer stuff. Locks, electronics, social engineering, etc etc. But I was thinking about this lately, and what dawned on me is all that stuff is dumb. What I do isn't is I just try and rely on God. That's it. That way I don't need to learn all these goofy skills. Because when you think about it we're in sort of a VR simulation. If you want to change what's going on around you thinking about it and or praying about it can be as likely as affective as doing a bunch of stuff. Like my last business came to me after praying a lot about it. And it did well for 10 years. I should take my own advice and just start praying more again, as I'm trying to start another small business now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join