It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic lodge meetings and questionable activities

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by oxford

That's English speaking Lodges, but excludes English constitution Lodges. (Note the use of the word "often"as in "... are often depicted with the letter "G" in the center."

English speaking Lodges in the English Constitution (UGLE affiliated) do not have the G, whereas English speaking Lodges in some other constitutions do.

edit on 26/8/2013 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by Saurus
There's a certain floor layout which we use in our rituals, but there is a lodge in a town close to mine that meets in a Scout hall and puts out a carpet, furniture, ornaments and jewels for each meeting.

There is an outdoor lodge in New England that meets in the mountains once a year and hauls everything up there. Definitely should be on everyone's Masonic bucket list.

Sounds like a quarry degree. One of the lodges in Fort Erie does a fort degree (in the War of 1812-era fort of the sane name) every one in a while. One of those things I've been meaning to catch.

Fitz

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
That's English speaking Lodges...

Exactly, English speaking, not American Speaking.

And forget about Canadian Speaking, no one can understand those hosers either.....Terrance and Phillip, har.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by oxford

First off, do you find what the girl is doing to be "stripping?" I am no expert, but it seems like some sort of interpretive dance. I am sure the old dudes had their blood pressure raised just a bit, but I saw nothing offensive about it.

In a tyled lodge, (one that is opened for masonic business or degree work) there is the formality of a business meeting with some ritual mixed in. It's all very much the same every time and has a very strict set of rules attached. A non mason may not be present in a lodge while at labor. Labor can be dispensed with and non masons can be admitted for whatever purpose, then the lodge would be purged and re-opened.

In the case of an interpretative dance, I suppose it's possible that this could have been done in a lodge full of masons, but it's just if not more likely that the lodge was rented out for this event.

Masons aren't all old crotchety men, (actually the old dudes just look like that due to insufficient amounts of prune juice, they are really nice guys) There are many younger members as well.

Thanks for the interest.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by oxford

If that was a stripper I would ask for my money back...if anything it was a lady dancing...apparently some of us have a different idea of what a stripper does...and they are dues paying members, who cares what they do in their lodge...
edit on 26-8-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

Look at how bored the men seem and the movements of the dance. This is not a "Strip Tease"

This is a "Religious Ritual Dance"

Think Salome and the 7 veils and you will be on track...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by oxford
I thought the kinds of things you do were more like sacred rituals, do you not find these kind of activities offensive, like defiling a temple, mixing the sacred with the profane?

The lodge is just a building. The 'Lodge' is the group of Masons who meet and is much more important.

I can understand you renting to someone like the spiritualist churches etc but for stag nights with strippers, really is that normal everywhere? Do the eastern star hold hen parties with male strippers also?

If someone pays to rent the building and wants to have entertainment that is their perrogative.

As far as the Eastern Star, I have no idea but since Masons can also be present for Eastern Star events I think it would be a bit uncomfortable for all in attendance if they did.

So your saying you don't care what people use a Masonic building for, even if it is to hold a strip night or conduct a satanic ceremony because its just a building?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Exactly, English speaking, not American Speaking.

And forget about Canadian Speaking, no one can understand those hosers either.....Terrance and Phillip, har.

Hey! It isn't our fault you pronounce "about" as "abowt", hearing us Canuckistanis pronouncing the word properly as God intended it as 'about" and not "aboot" as your God-forsaken ears hear it.

Fitz

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by oxford

As long as we get it back clean and in the condition we left it, why should we care?
Besides, we have to pay the rent.

Where do you get satanic rituals from? We rent out to the public just as a church hall does. If they tell us it's for a birthday party function, we don't spy on them to see if they were telling the truth or not. Just as a church hall committee doesn't.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

So your saying you don't care what people use a Masonic building for, even if it is to hold a strip night or conduct a satanic ceremony because its just a building?

I personally could not care.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
Hey! It isn't our fault you pronounce "about" as "abowt", hearing us Canuckistanis pronouncing the word properly as God intended it as 'about" and not "aboot" as your God-forsaken ears hear it.

Fitzy, you telling me it does not sound like 'aboot' is the same as telling me you do not say 'ash-falt' for asphalt.

Cannuckle-heads, you guys are always oot and aboot.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Well thats not what wiki says: In English speaking jurisdictions the Square and Compasses are often depicted with the letter "G" in the center.

en.wikipedia.org...

Trust him. The 'G' in the Square and Compasses is mostly used in the United States.

I have no interest in trust but I am fond of the truth, now like you say, I'm sure the 'G' when inserted between the square and compases is mostly used in the US, emphasis mostly, because that is a very old piece of furniture which has been there for years, but mostly does not mean only

I know the video is taken at the UGLE because I . .

a) recognise the room because I've been there, hence I know how to get to it and also
b) recognise the picture behind those seated
c)am exceptionally sensitive to energy signatures within rooms esp. places I have been and
e)know one of the individuals seated personally who is British

So I know it is the headquaters of the UGLE and one of them seated is a Mason.

How much would it cost me to rent that room?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Fitzy, you telling me it does not sound like 'aboot' is the same as telling me you do not say 'ash-falt' for asphalt.

Cannuckle-heads, you guys are always oot and aboot.

Look! It isn't our fault you guys add an "S" in "asphalt" (not that by odour it doesn't bear a passing resemblance). That you north-eastern Yanks mishear God's-own pronunciation wrong is unfortunate.

Fitz

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

reply to post by oxford

If that was a stripper I would ask for my money back...if anything it was a lady dancing...apparently some of us have a different idea of what a stripper does...and they are dues paying members, who cares what they do in their lodge...

Look at how bored the men seem and the movements of the dance. This is not a "Strip Tease"

I don't think the men appear bored, quite the opposite, Its a very provocative and sexual dance.
Aha! Salome and 7 veils makes more sense, thank you for sharing that with me, it puts it into a whole different light, obviously I wouldn't ask of you to divulge any secrets but can you elaborate on the reason that specific dance is chosen for a lodge? Whats the point of the ritual? I'm guessing something to do with John the Baptist.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by oxford

No, this video has been debunked. Whatever it was, it wasn't Masonic.

reply to post by ElOmen

Last I checked there was no version of Lodge that allowed strippers in.

reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Really? Only when balloting does my jurisdiction require us to open on the 3rd.

reply to post by oxford

Also, the "G" is primarily an American use. Most jurisdictions outside the US don't use it.

Some of the regalia is hard to move or cannot be removed save for renovation.

reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Idaho is AF&AM, but we use F&AM ritual...

reply to post by oxford

Wiki is misleading. It should say in American Lodges.

reply to post by oxford

We do care to a point what they do, obviously nothing illegal, but we've thrown parties in our Temple's kitchen and dining room. It's ultimately up to the controlling body of the building what happens. Our current President and VP would probably say no to strippers, but they are the mindset that as long as they pay they can use.

I'm on the Board of Directors for my building and I wouldn't care.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I know the video is taken at the UGLE because I . .

a) recognise the room because I've been there, hence I know how to get to it and also
b) recognise the picture behind those seated
c)am exceptionally sensitive to energy signatures within rooms esp. places I have been and
e)know one of the individuals seated personally who is British

So I know it is the headquaters of the UGLE and one of them seated is a Mason.

If you say so. What is the address and location of the lodge in question?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Maybe the lady in the video is a muse?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

reply to post by oxford

I don't think the men appear bored, quite the opposite, Its a very provocative and sexual dance.
Aha! Salome and 7 veils makes more sense, thank you for sharing that with me, it puts it into a whole different light, obviously I wouldn't ask of you to divulge any secrets but can you elaborate on the reason that specific dance is chosen for a lodge? Whats the point of the ritual? I'm guessing something to do with John the Baptist.

Bored isn't the right word but they certain do not look entranced. They actually keep talking during the performance, do you believe the conversations is whoa look at that move? I hardly think so. This I have seen this every year and this girls is mediocre to say the least...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by oxford

That is just a group of dirty old men watching a beautiful gymnastic dancer making Christine Keeler movement's with a chair, I suggest you watch the film scandal as it will clear this all up for you.

No wonder they are glad to have the blindfold removed.

Sad though when you realize that it is just a bunch of old reprobates is it not.

Just remember though these are the judges and politicians of our world so they are hardly of high moral fiber are they.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It looks like there is more to the video with more dancers at the start. Just an observation.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
ok fair enough I think you guys made your point, this isn't a standard (or what normally goes on) in a lodge meeting, the video is a private venue. But as long as you get your money you don't care what happens in your buildings, but some committee's have some standards but it is respective to each building.

Thanks to all I appreciate the time everyone took to respond.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join