It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How good is Mafia 2?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Hi all,
How good is Mafia 2 like with the driving,combat,missions and story?
Becsuse i've ordered a copy from JB Hi-Fi NZ and i wanted to get some info on the game before i pick up my copy of the game.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracyskeptic

It has an okay story.
the car customization is cool
It's more focused on the story rather than being an actual open world game.
overall 7/10

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
If you played the original Mafia game, don´t expect the second to be like that one with improved graphics and mechanics, it´s not. I loved the first Mafia game, but really hated Mafia 2.

I would give it around 5-6/10

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Not bad not good either...just blah.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracyskeptic

Overall, it isn't a bad game. Not exactly groundbreaking, but fun to play once or twice.

The Storyline is very linear. You can roam around on your way to and from missions but there isn't much to do beyond playing the main storyline. Your only other options are to look for different cars to steal and customize or visit the gun shops or buy a change of clothes.

The only real side mission is to look for playboy magazine covers hidden in most of the missions.

The driving controls handle pretty well. There is even a speed control mode that keeps you from going over 35 miles per hour to blend in with the rest of traffic.

The combat controls are so-so. It uses a cover system so you can hug a wall or other object to avoid being shot. There isn't much of a selection of weapons but they get the job done.

The graphics and design are the best feature. The developers did a good job of creating a city that evolves over time from the 1930's to the 1950's. The buildings are well done even though almost all of them cannot be entered. The cars are another well done part.

All told, I'd give it around a 6 out of 10. It's no Grand Theft Auto, so don't expect that type of gameplay.

top topics

join