It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Critique of "Living in the Moment"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Then please clarify your question because i already answered your question in a previous reply which obviously is not to your satisfaction it seems.

We are talking of a human being living on earth which is the physical reality of every human being that lives on this planet.
In this reality our bodies are separated from one another, from the earth, from every other creature, but that does not mean that there is an inside and outside, that is thought which divides itself and thus puts itself in opposition to others and everything which surrounds him.

In short, now it has become a playground for a 'me' which has isolated itself from the rest and is only concerned with itself and the hell with the rest because there is no relation anymore.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The true self is where thought arises, it is the space that is all knowing. It is all seeing all knowing and ever present.

There is no need to seek your true nature - it is all there is but an individual seeks outside when there is no outside. The individual seeks in time when there is no time. The individual seeks in other when there really is no other. It is crazy stuff.

To be fair, I do not seek my true nature. I am my true nature by default, at all moments, from beginning to end. I believe we all are, and there is no way to change that. And yes, people have desires, instincts and comforts for which they seek. Even the most ascetic man, free of all attachment, seeks to be ascetic and free from all attachment. There is really no escape from ourselves.

All there is is what is happening - but there is an feeling that there is something missing, more to be found - there isn't! But the one that is divided is playing the game of hide and seek. One seeks for fulfilment outside the present happening. If one realized that there is only the present happening it would be filled with the present happening but words say this can't be it - there must be more so denies the present happening in favour of thoughts of other times where it will be better. One seeks in time for' better'.
The one that is divided is scared of not being because it does not yet remember that it is 'being' all there is, all there will ever be.

I don't think anyone, no matter how hard they try, can seek outside the present moment. Maybe they seek answers, comfort in thought, or some conviction, but this is all done presently. You mention being scared of not being. I don't see how this is a problem. People fear. That's the way it is and always has been. It doesn't develop because people think they are divided; it's because it is natural, an act of the present moment, of being.

It seems like most who promote "being present", choose to disregard, or at least not mention, the other aspects of being present, ie. violence, suffering, fear, hatred, envy, jealousy, etc.. These are all occurrences of the present. But one who promotes thinking actively of the present, only speaks of peace and comfort, and I wonder how in tuned to the present they really are?

There is a hiding from oneself - one is nothing and one seems to see something. One is entranced by the something and gets lost in concepts - in things. One does not want to look at the nothingness. One may feel empty inside so one goes in search of things so one does not feel bored - one denies the emptiness because one is playing the game of hiding from oneself.

When one realizes oneself as emptiness perceiving - one just sees the movie (Lila, Maya - the play of light).
God saw the light and it was good.
When one is seeking in time and space for that which will complete it - one divides oneself and one conflicts.

God pretends to be an individual.

"There is..."—that means it happens. One gets lost in concepts. One does not want to look at nothingness. One denies emptiness. So be it. It's what happens. It's a part of being. Because it doesn't coincide with your own personal tastes doesn't mean it isn't an act of the present moment.

If one wants to deify the present, wrap it in a bow and sell it as all idealist do, one shouldn't villainize certain aspects of it while praising the rest. That is division. If one is serious about what they are selling, he must also praise hatred, fear, conceptualizing, desire, greed, right along with peace, nothingness, and unity—for these all occur as acts of the moment.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

earthling42

Then please clarify your question because i already answered your question in a previous reply which obviously is not to your satisfaction it seems.

We are talking of a human being living on earth which is the physical reality of every human being that lives on this planet.

It is you who is talking of a human being. If you see yourself as a object living among other objects walking around on a object then you have not yet realized the true nature of things.

What is present is what is being seen - the scene is constantly changing in/on/as that which never changes.
You state 'there is no inner or outer'.
The present is all there is - no in or out and you are it - there is nothing else.

edit on 25-9-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Again, a human being is not an object but a living being, alive.
Humanity regenerates, there must be two humans to make a baby and then it takes some time for the baby to grow in the womb.

Thanks for your judgement

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

NiNjABackflip
"There is..."—that means it happens. One gets lost in concepts. One does not want to look at nothingness. One denies emptiness. So be it. It's what happens. It's a part of being. Because it doesn't coincide with your own personal tastes doesn't mean it isn't an act of the present moment.

This is nothingness expressing itself - it speaks to nothing but nothing holds tightly to something when really there is nothing. Yes - it happens.
Can nothing be born or die?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

earthling42

Again, a human being is not an object but a living being, alive.
Humanity regenerates, there must be two humans to make a baby and then it takes some time for the baby to grow in the womb.

Thanks for your judgement

Objects have beginnings and endings. Things come and go.
You think you are born and will die - you think you have a beginning and ending - so you think you are a thing, an object.
You think you are a person, an individual walking around with other individuals on a planet.
Or have I got you all wrong?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

There is no beginning nor end but continuation, regeneration, if a human falls away from the chain, nothing changes, in fact it means nothing.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

earthling42

There is no beginning nor end but continuation, regeneration, if a human falls away from the chain, nothing changes, in fact it means nothing.

What chain?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Regenerations

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Bluesma

BDBinc

No you do not always know that your body is in the present as when you are asleep you are not conscious of the body and cannot say that you know anything about the body in sleep.

We've already agreed on that. I had no idea that such basic concepts like that we're talking about someone physically awake needed to be clarified for you- but that has been done.

But objective reality isn’t past emotions and interpreted “meanings”. Thats duality. How can you say that your conditioned personal past emotions and (interpretations)"meanings" is Objective Reality.

Apparently you didn't read what I have written- that my internal subjective reality brings up associations of emotion and meaning.
I am aware of these at the same time that I remain aware of the external objective reality, in which objects, space and time exist without any meaning.
I do not have one "wiped out" by the other. I remain consciously aware of both subjective and objective realities.

That is "duality" for you? Okay. Call it whatever you wish. It feels rather normal and balanced to me.
Wholeness does seem to encompass "opposites" - self/other, inner/outer, dark/ light, positive/negative, yin/ yang...

People who have panic attacks are not focused in the moment and are focused on the past (with fear it will be in the future). By focusing /thinking about the past and imagining it in the moment instead of accepting the fresh moment it

As I desribed in my own experience, others I have had, and many of the people I work with in equitherapy, the conscious mind can do all the accepting it wants- but it has for partner the subconscious mind and the physical body, which is half of the experience of being in a physical manifestation.

The physical body has various automatic systems for reproduction, survival... it grasps and holds onto memories in the brain, the rest fo the nervous system, the skin, the muscle. If you practice any sport , or physical skill such as an instrument, then you are aware of the process you need to do to integrate muscle memories of specific movement, automatic associations, so that the bases for the skill are set and the mind can be "freed up" to be creative.

This same system of conditioning and automated response can work in ways countrary to the conscious mind too- it can get programmed unintentionally. Whether the programming was intentional or not, once made, the mind is then limited in it's ability to influence the reactions.
A progressive program is necessary for change then.

My point being- it is not in simply changing your mind, or your thought, that such problems as panic attacks disappear. In such a case, the more the person focuses on the immediate present environment, the more the body will react if that environment has triggers.
Panic attacks do not stem from the person thinking about the past.

Being focused on the moment means not covering it up/wiping it out by past emotions memories/thoughts/interpretations .

Again, I am not sure why you experience past memories/emotions/meanings (the subjective reality) covering up or wiping out your consciousness of present external objective reality.

This is usually the symptom of mental illness, such as schizophrenia, or psychosis. I have sometimes suspected it can also happen to people who are just extremely creative, with a very strong imagination.
That can probably be used well in creative arts. But can obviously be a problem when it comes to interaction in the objective reality with other individuals around.

...sigh... so here we are, back to my original thought- these grounding techniques are probably very useful for people who are not very grounded, or down to earth.

edit on 25-9-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

No I disagreed with you as you had said “I ALWAYS know that my body is in the present” that is not true as you do not always know that your body is in the present as when you are asleep you are not conscious of the body and cannot say that you know anything about the body in sleep.

Now you think there is not one reality but your "internal subjective reality" and your "external objective reality".
1) An internal subjective reality that brings up past thoughts/associations of emotion and meaning and wipes of the NOW.

(*But you say that your bringing your focus to the past traumatic emotions and thoughts does not stop you from focusing on the fresh moment of Now.)

You say in a panic attack you are not just focused on traumatic past thoughts but also focused on
2) “the external objective reality, in which objects, space and time exist without any meaning. “
So you are 1)bringing the past emotions and “meanings” into focus AND 2) focusing on the existence of meaningless objects , space and time. ??!!!

To me these thoughts of yours are just ways for you to deny and ignore what is real and replace it with what is not reality.
“There is nothing wrong I am grounded in reality.”
You do not know, or are in denial, that you think its normal that subjective past emotions and thoughts in your panic attack take you away from being focused on the moment.
You cannot see why bringing the past emotions, trauma and meanings cause your panic attacks as you think this conditioned thinking it is your internal subjective reality.
It is not your “internal subjective reality” its just your minds focus on traumatic past emotions and meanings. Not reality -emotions, fears and thoughts of the past projecting them on the present.

People who have panic attacks are not focused in the moment and are focused on the past (with fear it will be in the future). By focusing /thinking about the past and imagining it in the moment instead of accepting the fresh moment it

In minds that are conditioned it is only limited by the thoughts/beliefs ( a focus on past emotions/thoughts- that’s what the conditioning comes from past beliefs/thoughts). Who is conditioning the mind, someone else, no its you there is nothing preventing change in conditioning except you.
The more you condition the mind to react in the same way by bringing past emotions,fears and “meanings” about a place the better you will become at panicking.
It is by simply changing your minds focus that such problems such as panic attacks disappear .I have seen meditation bring about the end of panics( thinking about the past emotions and fearful thoughts) and wiping out the present moment .
Panic attacks do stem from the person thinking fearfully about the past trauma – it’s the mind recreating the experience. Its an unaccepted experience.

Your focus on past fearful thoughts/emotions/meanings is not reality, it is covering up or wiping out reality.
The techniques other people told you to provide grounding obviously did not work for you. You wish to remain focused on past emotions and “meanings” calling this imagination one of your different “realities”.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Itisnowagain

1Learner
Shall seekers stop seeking...if they wish not to be divided and conflicted?

Can you stop seeking just because you want to?
Isn't 'wanting' seeking?

Seeking happens until it doesn't. When seeking stops it does so all by itself.

There is no individual - there is seeking or not seeking.

I fear that I can, but I do not willingly stop.
To your second question, I say yes.

What you've said about seeking,
You have the idea that seeking is not under the control of [one's ego-self/the one who seeks]. Supposing that I accurately stated your idea, please answer me this: who is responsible for one's seeking, and why is one not in control of their own seeking?

How could seeking or not seeking exist when there is no individual for such terms to apply to?
-

Itisnowagain

1Learner

What is an arising thought? Is the mind the whereabouts of arising thought ?
What is knowing, and what is being present?

The speaking mind is thought - have a look and see where thought arises.
That which is looking is knowing the arising thought.

Thought is of the appearance - just like this screen and the words appearing on it are.

The "speaking mind"...would it be true that the speaking mind is simply the mind which has thoughts? You are saying that such a mind is itself a thought?
As for the other responses,
I think I did not present two of my questions the way I wanted them to be seen. Here are the fixed versions of them:
What is it to know? What is it to be in the [present] happening?

"Thought is of the appearance - just like this screen and the words appearing on it are"
Are you trying to define thought?
The screen and the words appear. Or, do only the words appear on the screen? If only the words appear, then thought is like the words on the screen. The screen is analogous to what? The mind? The self?
Now, if both the screen and the words appear, then whatever is analogous to the screen (mind, self, [insert your answer here]) is also thought...correct?

You have been able to answer these questions because you know something; how has your knowledge helped you in your own conflict, assuming you are conflicted as a divided individual? What do you, Itisnowagain, seek?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

BDBinc

Now you think there is not one reality but your "internal subjective reality" and your "external objective reality".
1) An internal subjective reality that brings up past thoughts/associations of emotion and meaning and wipes of the NOW.

(*But you say that your bringing your focus to the past traumatic emotions and thoughts does not stop you from focusing on the fresh moment of Now.)

You say in a panic attack you are not just focused on traumatic past thoughts but also focused on
2) “the external objective reality, in which objects, space and time exist without any meaning. “
So you are 1)bringing the past emotions and “meanings” into focus AND 2) focusing on the existence of meaningless objects , space and time. ??!!!

Yes. This, I have repeated many times in this conversation, trying to word and reword to find a way of saying that you can grasp. Yes- I am aware of the objective reality at the same time as the subjective reality.

At different times , I may focus more on one than the other. For example,

-while in full action in the middle of the day, I may be more focused on the objective reality. What is, now.

-In the evening, as I prepare for bed, and all is calm, I may focus my thoughts on the past, reviewing the events of the day, analyzing the interactions.

-In the morning, when all is calm, as I sip my morning coffee, I may think of future, using the concepts and ideas gained from the past experiences, I may project certain goals and plans for the day.

None of those times, do I actually lose consciousness of the objective present world, nor of the subjective world of emotion and meaning, past and future.

One may lose some contrast, become less vivid, as I focus on the other, but it is not "wiped out".

(the only time the subjective world dominates entirely is when I sleep)

You do not know, or are in denial, that you think its normal that subjective past emotions and thoughts in your panic attack take you away from being focused on the moment.
You cannot see why bringing the past emotions, trauma and meanings cause your panic attacks as you think this conditioned thinking it is your internal subjective reality.
It is not your “internal subjective reality” its just your minds focus on traumatic past emotions and meanings. Not reality -emotions, fears and thoughts of the past projecting them on the present.

Emotions, fears, memories of past and imaginative concepts of future ARE my internal subjective reality.
They are not objects, they have no mass, they do not exist in time or space. They are of mind.

Just as your ideas and projections of MY internal states is YOUR internal subjective reality.

It is by simply changing your minds focus that such problems such as panic attacks disappear .

Two points- and these are things you KNOW if you are a practicing hypnotherapist (I think it was?)

-The case of psychosomatic illness and suffering.
You know what this is. You know that it occurs when a person goes into denial about negative associations.
When they are NOT focusing on them, and have decided to focus on something else entirely, all the time.
This alone proves that simply shifting focus does not resolve anything.
Shift of focus is not a miracle act.

Even in the case of my own panic attack, at first, I did not know why it was happening- why tears wouldn't stop streaming down my face. I had to analyze the internal images and concepts arising, compare them to my memories, addition in the dates of certain events, and I was able to conclude that a specific event in the past is when this reaction became programmed.
I was not thinking about it when I got into that place- at all. Yet my body still reacted. Because I have a subconscious -that does not cease to exist or influence my physiological and biological processes and behavioral reflexes just because my conscious mind is focused in a different direction.

-I used the word 'progressive" for a reason- meditation and focus upon the present can REPLACE or CHANGE the associations (remember my whole spiel on Thought Stopping techniques? .. Or call it "Thought transforming" if you prefer) This is progressive programming of the subconscious and subjective world. It takes time.
It is not the shift in focus that does it directly- it is the accumulation of new positive memories and associations.

edit on 26-9-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

BDBinc

The techniques other people told you to provide grounding obviously did not work for you. You wish to remain focused on past emotions and “meanings” calling this imagination one of your different “realities”.

THanks for sharing with me your imagined concepts of my emotions, and my past experiences.
Now, since only I have access to that, I will describe them to you.

I did not have therapy to gain grounding- I am aware of this problem some people have because it is one I have to respond to in equitherapy. I have some people who get carried away in their fears of what might happen on/near a horse. Those fears cause biological processes (adrenaline ) and behavioral reflexes (defensive movements) which actually provoke dangerous events to happen.

The person can be in complete denial and actually believe they are not afraid. The horse acts as a big biofeedback machine, which forces them to acknowledge and focus on those feelings.

The ones in denial actually provoke more problems for themselves than those who acknowledge and own up to their internal states and associations.

I have been meditating since I was nine, I am well aware of the benefits. I still do it everyday.
I find that acknowledging the subjective world, and the objective world, at the same time keeps one from identifying too strongly with either.

If you repress and deny the Anima, she becomes both hostile and powerful. If she is realized and embraced, she becomes a beneficial and powerful ally.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

1Learner
please answer me this: who is responsible for one's seeking, and why is one not in control of their own seeking?

No one is responsible for seeking.
There is either seeking or not seeking.

How could seeking or not seeking exist when there is no individual for such terms to apply to?

There is only the one and it plays hide and seek with itself.

The "speaking mind"...would it be true that the speaking mind is simply the mind which has thoughts? You are saying that such a mind is itself a thought?

There is language (words) and the language seems to take on a life of it's own. Once language begins then it tells stories about 'other' when really all words arise in the one and only.
All concepts arise out of the non conceptual

What is it to know? What is it to be in the [present] happening?

I have no idea what it is 'to know' but there is a knowing of these words, there is a seeing of these words, the seeing is known to be happening.
There is only ever the present happening - it can happen as words telling stories of 'other times and places' but it is always the present happening.

"Thought is of the appearance - just like this screen and the words appearing on it are"
Are you trying to define thought?

I am saying that thoughts are of the appearance - meaning thoughts (speech mind) appear and then change to appear different - no thought can stay - notice them chattering away. Have a look now at where your next thought will arise from.

The walls that you see, the sounds that you hear all appear then go - they go back to the nothingness they came from. All arises out of nothing and subsides back to nothing. Listening is easiest to notice - a sound happens and then it is gone.

The screen and the words appear. Or, do only the words appear on the screen? If only the words appear, then thought is like the words on the screen. The screen is analogous to what? The mind? The self?
Now, if both the screen and the words appear, then whatever is analogous to the screen (mind, self, [insert your answer here]) is also thought...correct?

When you are in deep sleep you are like a tv screen with nothing appearing on it. When you awake and there is light seen then it is like the tv has been turned on.
No picture can appear without the screen.
The screen is empty unless there is an appearance.
You are like the screen - empty and when the light comes on there appears to be moving pictures so the screen is then missed because you are looking at the things appearing on the screen.
What you are never appears - empty perceiving space.

You have been able to answer these questions because you know something; how has your knowledge helped you in your own conflict, assuming you are conflicted as a divided individual? What do you, Itisnowagain, seek?

I know I am nothing and so is everything. There is no conflict.
It is obvious that there is nothing to seek because it is all here - emptiness is full of what is appearing - there is nothing else. Wanting something other than what is, is the human game - it hurts because if one is not happy now because one feels it will be better later or was better before one is suffering. One also tells oneself off for things said or done and tries to cure itself from being bad to being good (this is the division) - who is telling who off, how many are you?
The presence is complete but it can happen that language, words and concepts tell stories of a person in time and then one can assume that one is a person living in time. One becomes concerned with before and after because one is trying hard to do it right.
Who can say what is right or wrong?

edit on 26-9-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Bluesma

. Yes- I am aware of the objective reality at the same time as the subjective reality.

Imagination is not reality.You are confused on reality .You do not know what focus on the moment means as you think it means focusing your mind on thinking.
You think thoughts are reality. Thoughts are just ripples in the mind.When the mind is quiet it reflects reality. When it is completely motionless it dissolves and only reality remains.

Bluesma
At different times , I may focus more on one than the other. For example,
-while in full action in the middle of the day, I may be more focused on the objective reality. What is, now.
-In the evening, as I prepare for bed, and all is calm, I may focus my thoughts on the past, reviewing the events of the day, analyzing the interactions.
-In the morning, when all is calm, as I sip my morning coffee, I may think of future, using the concepts and ideas gained from the past experiences, I may project certain goals and plans for the day.
None of those times, do I actually lose consciousness of the objective present world, nor of the subjective world of emotion and meaning, past and future.
One may lose some contrast, become less vivid, as I focus on the other, but it is not "wiped out".

Yes In a day you sure do think about many different things, thinking about the past emotions past "meanings" projecting it on the present.
It does not matter how many “different” thoughts your mind focuses on they are still just thoughts.
“I am conscious about thinking about being aware”. That is a thought in the mind. There is no “I am” in awareness.
Your thoughts in a panic attack contradict each other, thinking about “the existence of meaningless objects, space and time” and thinking about PAST meanings, fear and emotions. Where in that is the present moment?
It is wiped out but you are in denial .

Bluesma(the only time the subjective world dominates entirely is when I sleep)

Again you are an expert on your state while you are asleep. How do you know what state you are in when you are asleep. Maybe in deep sleep reality dominates not your idea on "your subjective reality"( being imagination/ past emotions thoughts).

Bluesma
Emotions, fears, memories of past and imaginative concepts of future ARE my internal subjective reality.
They are not objects, they have no mass, they do not exist in time or space.

Just as your ideas and projections of MY internal states is YOUR internal subjective reality.

Yikes I know that you think your thoughts of the past are reality.
No you cannot tell people your imagining is reality for them. They are just thoughts.
Reality is.
There are not separate “internal and external realities” this is just your imagination.
When you have panic attacks your minds focus is on the past emotions, fear and thoughts- I don’t care about your denial as it is clear you are not focused on the moment in panic attack.
Even if now you are now saying in a panic attack you are rapidly switching back and forth in imaginary mental states- which is not being present in the moment. Its thinking, and this thinking you call your multiple realities thinking about the past emotions and “meanings” AND thinking about the existence of meaningless objects , space and time.
You cannot be serious when you are telling me your multiple ideas /thoughts(your private world) are considered by me to be reality.

Bluesma
Two points- and these are things you KNOW if you are a practicing hypnotherapist (I think it was?)

-The case of psychosomatic illness and suffering.
You know what this is. You know that it occurs when a person goes into denial about negative associations.
When they are NOT focusing on them, and have decided to focus on something else entirely, all the time.
This alone proves that simply shifting focus does not resolve anything.
Shift of focus is not a miracle act.

Even in the case of my own panic attack, at first, I did not know why it was happening- why tears wouldn't stop streaming down my face. I had to analyze the internal images and concepts arising, compare them to my memories, addition in the dates of certain events, and I was able to conclude that a specific event in the past is when this reaction became programmed.
I was not thinking about it when I got into that place- at all. Yet my body still reacted. Because I have a subconscious -that does not cease to exist or influence my physiological and biological processes and behavioral reflexes just because my conscious mind is focused in a different direction.

-I used the word 'progressive" for a reason- meditation and focus upon the present can REPLACE or CHANGE the associations (remember my whole spiel on Thought Stopping techniques? .. Or call it "Thought transforming" if you prefer) This is progressive programming of the subconscious and subjective world. It takes time.
It is not the shift in focus that does it directly- it is the accumulation of new positive memories and associations.

In the case of your suffering denial of the present moment is done by focusing on thoughts of the past with fears projecting it over the moment wiping it out with past fear. Psychosomatic illnesses and suffering does not occur on denial about “negative associations”. You cherish the past negative associations and foster them as you think they should be focused on.
Hypnotherapy didn’t work for your panic attacks nor did changing thoughts (call it thought stopping if you like but its not)
And the idea of accumulating more thoughts is not the answer. Since you have not succeeded in shifting your focus and keep extolling the virtues of thinking about the past fear how can you keep arguing that shifting focus to the moment doesn’t work.
It is the nature of mind to roam about. All you can do is shift the focus of consciousness beyond the mind.
Or you can keep believing that thinking about past & imagining the future puts you in control and focused on the moment when all evidence you provided proves otherwise .

edit on 26-9-2013 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Bluesma

BDBinc

THanks for sharing with me your imagined concepts of my emotions, and my past experiences.
Now, since only I have access to that, I will describe them to you.

I did not have therapy to gain grounding- I am aware of this problem some people have because it is one I have to respond to in equitherapy. I have some people who get carried away in their fears of what might happen on/near a horse. Those fears cause biological processes (adrenaline ) and behavioral reflexes (defensive movements) which actually provoke dangerous events to happen.

The person can be in complete denial and actually believe they are not afraid. The horse acts as a big biofeedback machine, which forces them to acknowledge and focus on those feelings.

The ones in denial actually provoke more problems for themselves than those who acknowledge and own up to their internal states and associations.

I have been meditating since I was nine, I am well aware of the benefits. I still do it everyday.
I find that acknowledging the subjective world, and the objective world, at the same time keeps one from identifying too strongly with either.

Yes you are in denial.
With horse riding you can get bomb proof horses which are usually used for therapy they are use to fear and are very well trained. So therapy horses are not biofeedback machines and you do not have to be focused on your negative thoughts/feelings to ride horses. This whole focusing on fear and emotions is your thing.
You have previously told me you had stopped meditating don’t know why you say you mediate daily now but great if you start.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Doesn't it get tiresome when people tell you what you are doing, as if they knew you, even though they haven't been within a 100km radius of you at any given time? That in itself is quite telling, wouldn't you agree?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This just destroys any communication, in fact there is no communication, only judgements and conclusions.

communicating is sharing, verbal but also non-verbal.
I won't say i am good at it, but if there are only conclusions drawn from a reply, it is not possible to communicate.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I think i can understand your ideas, and at the very least, I can understand how you to think what you do. Therefore, after I have understood them I will come to know that I am nothing.

So, you do not seek anything? Did you not even seek to come onto ATS and further introduce your ideas?
Do you think for yourself, or do you observe your thoughts move and observe your human body move too?
Do good/bad thoughts cross your mind? Do you choose which ones to think...?
edit on 26-9-2013 by 1Learner because: I had a beginning that didn't make sense to me...I didn't edit it out; this is to note.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

1Learner

I think i can understand your ideas, and at the very least, I can understand how you to think what you do. Therefore, after I have understood them I will come to know that I am nothing.

So, you do not seek anything? Did you not even seek to come onto ATS and further introduce your ideas?
Do you think for yourself, or do you observe your thoughts move and observe your human body move too?
Do good/bad thoughts cross your mind? Do you choose which ones to think...?
edit on 26-9-2013 by 1Learner because: I had a beginning that didn't make sense to me...I didn't edit it out; this is to note.

It all just happens.
There is no me thinking - thoughts happen, bodies move.
It is like just watching a movie - it is known that no one is doing anything - it is all done.

Is it possible to choose what thought appears next?

Here is a nice video that may answer some questions.

edit on 27-9-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join