It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea Monster found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Sea Monster found

www.grindtv.com

Remains of odd, unidentified creature stretches 13 feet, leaves officials baffled; Loch Ness, water dinosaur, sea dragon are among absurd guesses.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well, I can truly say I have never seen anything quite like it. It definitely resembles a sort of Loch Ness monster, but those horns just don't fit, if those are even horns.

If I had to guess I would classify this as completely unknown, but of course we have to wait for some analysis. Could this possibly be some type of squid streched out? What are your thoughts?

www.grindtv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Already posted here
This was also in the article.

Toledano did shed some light on the horns of the sea creature, however. He said they are actually bones that have fallen out of place.

edit on 21-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Strange looking thing. These usually turn out to be a know creature. But I have no clue what it might be.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This makes me think of a dead Oarfish. I'm sure a dead one washed ashore could easily be confused as a sea serpent/monster.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidFire

I was just looking at Oar fish images , I'd wager that's exactly what it is.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
No matter what it is, it's stinking creepy!

If that thing swam up to me while I was out in the waters....

Just the strangeness of it reminded me of the montauk monster, how it just looks really weird.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
If I saw this I'd think Sea Monster(!):
en.wikipedia.org - Giant oarfish
news.bbc.co.uk - Giant bizarre deep sea fish filmed in Gulf of Mexico ...
edit on 22-8-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidFire
This makes me think of a dead Oarfish. I'm sure a dead one washed ashore could easily be confused as a sea serpent/monster.

Yeah. I'm meaning towards that as well.

Apparently, they can get quite big. 3 meters on average, up to 11 meters. But reports of 17 meter long fish have been documented but not confirmed.

Pic: upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by roncoallstar

Interesting cretin. F/S

It does look like it might be an Oarfish.. They can get pretty big. I have looked at a few different sites and forums and most other peeps are saying the same. Will keep an eye peeled for any updates..

Although I am sure it won't be long til someone confirms what it is..

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Wow the oarfish really does look like a sea serpent!

But those horns are still out of place... then again, maybe they aren't horns...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So if it's large, has horns and is newly discovered it's a "monster"... LoL

Gotta love the media.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by roncoallstar

have to say its decayed appearance as it is now or when it was found, makes it look like oarfish, but maybe it was not the same when it was intact and alive, basically anything long and semi snake like looks like an oarfish.. even a rolled up carpet looks like an oarfish..... it will be interesting to see what is found if they can afford to analyse it..

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
An Eel perhaps..is this the fabled Loch Ness monster?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
1st thing I thought was,

OMG they killed FALCORE

FAAAAAAALLLLLLLCCCOOOOOOORRRREEEEE R.I.P.

but then I remembered it was only a story, or was it an NEVERENDING STORY!!!!

ok i'm done,

this thing looks like the thing in Terriaria sky serpent?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It looks like a dead rod or skyfish if there were such a thing. I just installed a video surveillance system in my home and I saw what looked like a classic rod flying around my living room. I don't know what it was, but it looked just like this.

If these are real and very large it could be what this dead creature is. OK, Ok, it's a very big stretch and a very big if.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
When I first saw it I was leaning towards a walrus - or the decayed spinal cord and tusks of a walrus.
But after seeing the image of the oarfish, Im pretty convinced that is what it is.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArJunaBug
It looks like a dead rod or skyfish if there were such a thing. I just installed a video surveillance system in my home and I saw what looked like a classic rod flying around my living room. I don't know what it was, but it looked just like this.

The whole 'rod' phenomenon is just insects and birds captured on low/medium shutter speed.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Yes just a decomposing Oar Fish, those are not horns they are tendrils or tentacles.

As for rods, please, they area digital effect produced by the camera, rods do not exist except in a certain Joe's pocket!

A noted director of DVD's posing crap for cash...

top topics

join