It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damascus Gas Attack: Is this the Event that pulls the US into Syria?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Current reporting from multiple sources says a chemical attack has taken place in the Syrian capital of Damascus.

Reuters Live

Russia Today

Al Jazeera America

Notice the lack of MSM links... of course.

Well folks, looks like "Here we go again."

After almost 12 years of being constantly at war, usually in two countries, it only stands to reason that the US government will use this atrocity to garner support to put American men and women on the ground and over the skies of Syria.

This sickens me to no end. What REALLY sickens me, however, is 1)The massive loss of life caused by this act; and 2)The apathy with which the American public will allow our 'masters' to send our sons and daughter into a war we have no damned reason to get involved in.

Sending military aid to either side was completely wrong. But that's how every war the US has been in since 1946 has started... we send aid... then advisors... then boots hit the ground.

WAKE UP!!!!!! If we want to help the Syrian people, I am all for doing humanitarian aid drops from US military assets... but DO NOT put our troops in harm's way needlessly.

edit on 21-8-2013 by Dreine because: typo

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I too feel for the Syrian people but we need to stay out of it. The US has spent too many years, too much money & too many American lives have been lost because our government feels the need to police the world. Should the rebels succeed to gain control of the government, with the assistance of the US, there's no guarantee that they would support American interests. No one has taken responsibility for this attack, we don't know if it was Assad's forces or the rebels, all the more reason to mind our own business for once.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient
I too feel for the Syrian people but we need to stay out of it. The US has spent too many years, too much money & too many American lives have been lost because our government feels the need to police the world. Should the rebels succeed to gain control of the government, with the assistance of the US, there's no guarantee that they would support American interests. No one has taken responsibility for this attack, we don't know if it was Assad's forces or the rebels, all the more reason to mind our own business for once.

Amen Claireaudient, precisely my feelings on the matter!

It's time the US stopped being the proxy world watchers and started attending to matters at home like infrastructure, education, and such.

The world existed before the United States, and it will exist after.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
No this is not the one that will bring the US in to it, the one that would is the one that will kill 1000, and proof positive that Syria used chemical warfare, till then same old same old UN and US moves. but then if the number is 1,193 then we the US will go in , news.xinhuanet.com... from the link

Syria opposition claims 1,193 killed in chemical attack by gov't forces
English.news.cn 2013-08-21 21:21:44 [RSS] [Feedback] [Print] [Copy URL] [More]

ISTANBUL, Aug. 21 (Xinhua) -- The Syrian opposition accused President Bashar al-Assad's forces of killing 1,193 people in chemical weapon attacks in suburbs of Damascus on Wednesday.

The announcement was made by Badr Jamous, Secretary-General of the Syrian National Coalition, and George Sabra, President of the Syrian National Council, at a press conference in Istanbul.

The Syrian opposition leaders said that the death toll was increasing the since rescue operation was still going on in the Damascus suburb of Gouta.
After the UN proves the use of Chemical weapons.
edit on 21-8-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The rebels have done it before, used sarin and tried to blame it on Assad.
Why should we believe them now? as it seems the Syrian army is winning, it could well be an attempt to get the west involved on the side of the rebels.

It has already been in the news that the rebels have and did use sarin gas.

rt.com...

And of course a picture or video can be misleading, maybe after the camera had stopped, they miraculous came back to life.
It could well be propagande as the truth is the first that dies in battle

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Honestly we are dragging these wars out. I wish we would just invade the entire Middle east already and get it over with. That way it will be done an over and would not be dragged out for 60 years. It's not like we can ever stop these invasion. Might as well get in there and get it over with quickly.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

You have a good point, but if Chemical weapons are was used would it matter which side used them? I would say no just the use of any proven chemical weapon use of a mass killing would bring the US in to put a stop to the fighting , and we would set up a pro-tem Gov there.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Aaaaaaaaand .... how much do you want to bet in 60 years we'll learn it was the rebels that did it, backed by western interests.

The last thing we need is to put our troops into another hell hole. I guess the western attempts for covert regime change failed, so we're going to have to send in the military to make it happen.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The military is just another form of welfare, the return for the assistance you receive because you couldn't find gainful employment back on the block may be your life, but it's the second to last resort for many.

Those who gain will never get enough, because the investment in people and materials are always wasted, so they just keep "Floating the Check".

America needs to mind things at home, but then if they actually did it would mean less cannon fodder.

This BS going on overseas is just a distraction, pay it no mind.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Ah, cripes... here we go... link below.

(Reuters) - Britain said on Wednesday it would raise a reported chemical weapons attack by forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad at the United Nations Security Council and called on Damascus to give U.N. inspectors access to the site.

UK to raise reported Syrian gas attack at UN Security Council

Looks like my decision to leave the military a few years ago might have been right...

link   
reply to post by Skorpy

oh you mean like we did in Iraq and Afghanistan , just roll in the roll out. you do know what is going on in Iraq do you not , oh yea let me guess not our problem when we created it.

link   
reply to post by bekod

Then the question is, why has it not been done, because in may it was clear that sarin had been used.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
well if theprez doesnt do something the other party will make him out to be
a limp noodle with no backbone at all, standing by watching women and children get killed and just letting terror go unchecked which could or could not be true. just my opinion how it would play out im not making a judgement either way

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I think the attack in May didn't inflict the proper casualties to cause horror. This new attack, with over 1300 claimed casualties, will definitely get the attention the perpetrators want.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

One not enough died , Two... we did sends weapons there .. Three if the number in the China news link is right then we will go in JM from AZ will lead the Charge.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
"As long as they keep body count at a certain level, we won't do anything," an American intelligence official admits.

That was the statement from 3 days ago. www.foreignpolicy.com...

Wonder what that intelligence official would be saying at this time.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

With this chemical attack... if it's true... being the largest use of nerve agents since the Iraq-Iran wars in the 1980's, I think it's an almost forgone certainty that JM and LG will get the US directly militarily involved now.

US troops in proximity with AQ, Syrian rebels, Syrian regulars, Russians, and possibly Chinese... what could POSSIBLY go wrong?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Found this interesting coming from the Russians..

"Foreign Ministry Spokesman Alexander Lukashevich said that its sources in Syria said that a homemade rocket carrying unidentified chemical substances had been launched from an area controlled by the opposition."

in.reuters.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
Found this interesting coming from the Russians..

"Foreign Ministry Spokesman Alexander Lukashevich said that its sources in Syria said that a homemade rocket carrying unidentified chemical substances had been launched from an area controlled by the opposition."

in.reuters.com...

Looks like the usual "he said/she said" argument being played out... the US/NATO will find that Assad was responsible, while the Russians/Assad/Chinese will say the rebels initiated the attack.

Either way, it's gets both sides at each other's throat. Humanity really is full of sheep!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Although Russia has protected Assad for more than 2 years now during these conflicts.. so it would only suit them to point a finger at someone else.

The reality is... these poor people died as pawns in a global chess game. Its enough to make you want to puke.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join