It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists say more than 200 killed in gas attack near Damascus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Activists say more than 200 killed in gas attack near Damascus

news.yahoo.com

BEIRUT/AMMAN (Reuters) - Syrian activists accused President Bashar al-Assad's forces of launching a nerve gas attack that killed at least 213 people on Wednesday, in what would, if confirmed, be by far the worst reported use of poison gas in the two-year-old civil war.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
If this is confirmed, then the "red line" may have been crossed in regards to what Obama has said for Syria. The article goes on to say the Damascus suburbs of Ain Tarma, Zamalka and Jobar were the ones hit.

This story just broke a few minutes ago, so more details should be coming out soon. The article says at the moment, Reuters is not currently able to verify these accusations, and have been denied by the Syrian state TV.

There have been accusations of "low-level" use of nerve gas before in the war, but to my knowledge, there hasn't been an attack that resulted in this amount of deaths.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
..the article I read today stated 635 deaths and numerous injuries had been claimed...
I'll see if I can find the source.

[SOURCES]

www.israelnationalnews.com...

english.alarabiya.net...

www.todayszaman.com...

www.kuna.net.kw...
edit on 21-8-2013 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Why would Assad hit Damascus?... when he's making large gains against the rebels in Homms and other area's?

Sounds like the rebels are getting desperate.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

One of those links says 640 killed. Wow, this may very well be a turning point for Western intervention (if the nerve gas attack is confirmed). My OP article and others on the net are saying those killed and those in the hospitals had dilated pupils and foaming at the mouth, which "may" indicate a chemical agent. I wouldn't be surprised if the death toll keeps going up in the next few hours.

I really hope these reports turn out to be false.
edit on 21-8-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Why would Assad hit Damascus?... when he's making large gains against the rebels in Homms and other area's?

That's what im wondering. Assad has been winning lately, so why use chemical agents in Damascus of all places? Ironically, a group of UN chemical weapons experts arrived in Syria a few days ago.

Im not sure what to make of this at the moment.

ETA - Also found this article that just came out a few hours ago

news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration is opposed to even limited U.S. military intervention in Syria because it believes rebels fighting the Assad regime wouldn't support American interests if they were to seize power right now, Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, wrote to a congressman in a letter obtained by The Associated Press.

Effectively ruling out U.S. cruise missile attacks and other options that wouldn't require U.S. troops on the ground, Dempsey said the military is clearly capable of taking out Syrian President Bashar Assad's air force and shifting the balance of the Arab country's 2½-year war back toward the armed opposition. But he said such an approach would plunge the United States deep into another war in the Arab world and offer no strategy for peace in a nation plagued by ethnic rivalries.

Now im wondering....what happened to that "Red Line" Obama spoke of? Are we finally going to stay out of this one? (I hope we stay out of it)...quite a different tone from the White House in regards to Syria all the sudden, huh?

Hmmmm....The "red line" is set for chemical weapons months ago by Obama, then right before this supposed attack occurs, Dempsey comes out and says the Obama admin is against even limited US military intervention. Am I missing something here?
edit on 21-8-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I doubt it's true.

Didn't they make the same claims in the summer but nothing came of it? Nobody bit so this time they ramp up the number of dead and make sure it's mostly women and children. Somebody will believe it this time.

edit on 21-8-2013 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

That is how desperate NWO side is.

And I thought with myslef , what kind of activist they are.

1-human right
2-Zionist
3-NWO

I doubt that human right activists be there , because let's face it , they are materialists and materialists are afraid of death.

I think they are other kind of activists.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
More BS to feed the propaganda windmill. Honestly, if chemicals are being used, It will be used by the "freedom fighters" you know the ones who decapitate people and eat out hearts and such.

No one seems to be asking a basic question. Why on earth would Assad attack his own country like that. So he can rule those 200 people left? Whats a king without his peasants.

Doesn't matter if your fighting a war or not, you don't go blowing up your own country to take out some rats.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
More BS to feed the propaganda windmill. Honestly, if chemicals are being used, It will be used by the "freedom fighters" you know the ones who decapitate people and eat out hearts and such.

No one seems to be asking a basic question. Why on earth would Assad attack his own country like that. So he can rule those 200 people left? Whats a king without his peasants.

Doesn't matter if your fighting a war or not, you don't go blowing up your own country to take out some rats.

I agree with your point, but...
do you realise that the things you're arguing that Assad would never do, are the very things his father most certainly did do?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Unfortunately it is true. This clip was sent today on Al Jazeera. There are more such clips. One of a little girl, visibly trying to breath in panic on the floor from effetcs of a sarin attack while they pour water over her face trying 'clean' her from the effects of the gas. Can't show it here, too horrid.

This is pure terror against human beings. An act of pure evil. It shows you that our world is rapidly descending into a black hole of wars, death and incessant killings of innocents. It takes place in more places than in Syria.

The human race has truly started to disgust me.. I don´t care whose fault this is. Whoever they are, they doomed themselves to the darkest places in hell for these deeds. I am more upset that people all over the world do not care anymore about these things. Death of little children...and yet the attitude is..lets watch baseball...
edit on 21-8-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
I doubt it's true.

Didn't they make the same claims in the summer but nothing came of it? Nobody bit so this time they ramp up the number of dead and make sure it's mostly women and children. Somebody will believe it this time.

edit on 21-8-2013 by TheComte because: (no reason given)
Oh something came of it, you just didn't hear about it in Western media.

Seven members of the al-Nusra group were detained on Wednesday after Turkish police found sarin gas, which was reportedly going to be used in a bomb attack, during a search of the suspects' homes, Turkish media have reported. “We look forward to receiving full information from our Turkish colleagues over the matter. The situation is very serious. It seems like the ones who speak about chemical weapons continue to play interesting games. All the details about the matter need to be investigated,” said Lavrov while speaking at a press conference in Moscow.
SourceThe next question should obviously be, who exactly is al-Nusra, and who are they affiliated with?The reason everything died down during the early part of the summer appears to be that someone got caught. After letting the story fade for a couple of months it appears time to ramp up the narrative again.When the people in power want something they will work on it until they get it. It may take a couple of months, it may take a couple of years. One thing you can be certain of is that they won't stop until they get what they want.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I wasn't aware of this, thanks for bringing that bit of info.

Even so, you can't trust MSM media one bit, even these activist groups are all working for their own private agenda's. And being heavily backed by Nato.

I'm not saying he's a saint. But doesn't matter how delusional you are, you don't burn your own house down. At this rate their won't be any population to rule when the battle is decided.

I mean, it wouldn't be the first time the west portrays acts that simply aren't true*cough Khaddafi*

Shrugs... So depressing to have this constant mind battle whether or not your supporting the truth or just falling prey to propaganda.

Even counter propaganda stays propaganda.

@John Carter, I doubt anyone would say it isn't true, its just finding out who committed the act. And this act to be committed by Assad just doesn't make any sense what so ever.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
I wasn't aware of this, thanks for bringing that bit of info.

@John Carter, I doubt anyone would say it isn't true, its just finding out who committed the act. And this act to be committed by Assad just doesn't make any sense what so ever.

No, it is not about "assad did it or the rebels did it". It is that we are living in the 21st century and yet the world becomes worse with each passing year. It is like an evil force has suddenly captured every human being as its hostage and make them accept seeing things like these dead children in Syria, or, bored teens in US shooting an australian visitor to death just out of boredoom, banks robbing us blind, politicians becoming so corrupt even normal street thieves looks like angels in comparison.

Don´t you see? Humanity is slouching towards a complete moral implosion, one that will leave everyone destroyed in mind, body and spirit.
edit on 21-8-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

The rebels are the most likely candidatea. It doeant make sense for Assad to do this.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Hehe, funny originally I wanted to post that truth of the matter was that it doesn't matter who fired the gas, right or wrong, innocent people died because of this and that's what matter.

But then I thought, stick to the subject because most members just want to hear good or bad. Not the important stuff, the in between.

I agree the, each passing years we hit new lows as a whole. Citizens of earth I mean. However people are to blame, not those in charge, we should have been smarter and acted long ago.

Never forget we lets this happen. We sold our souls for comfort a false idea of peace. Even i'm guilty of it, we all are.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
When this war started i was pro Assad. Now 2 years later i see that both sides are evil. Don't matter if Assad used gas or not. Fact is he still has innocent little children, women and man killed by his bombings. He has the same blood on his hands that the terrorist rebels also have. You can't pick sides when both sides are killing innocents. I wish the people of Syria the best. Because right now they are surrounded by killers

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
How convenient ,just as the U.N is in country investigating the last one.

this is blatantly obvious ,someone is trying to create reasons to intervene!
edit on 21-8-2013 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
That's a problem tho, given his situation. How does one react.

What choices does he have?
The Nato wants him gone, chances are this whole thing is a sting operation from the west.

Does he go knock on the door of Iran for help? NK?
His allies abandoned him when they saw he needed to fall no matter what. Not to mention the cold sweat they got after they went for Khadafi.

Does he surrender just to be killed or detained indefinitely for the soul purpose of replacing him with a western puppet who has no problems killing innocent people?

Does he fight then to be called a dictator and a cold blooded killer?

I agree he has blood on his hands, but given his situation.. What would YOU do? And don't ask me because I don't have a clue.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

that looks very staged.

none of them have a tinge like the Iraq kurds did in Hallabja
None of them have puffy faces
None of their legs are open and stiff.

dunno.. looks staged!

edit on 21-8-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join