It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion rocks naval base in New Jersey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Explosion rocks naval base in New Jersey

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - An explosion on Tuesday morning rocked Naval Weapons Station Earle near the Jersey Shore, and fire trucks, ambulances and a medical emergency helicopter rushed to the scene, authorities said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
For those who do not know, the NWS at Earle is where the majority of the US 2nd Fleet conducts their weapons onload before deployments. This base has been targeted by terrorists in the past. As the article says, no word on this time exactly what has happened, I will update as new information is submitted.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Maybe be a accident?

Have to wait for more news.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Let me guess, the cause will be "terrorism." The Patsy will be a tea-party libertarian, white american citizen, who listens to alternative media, alex jones, got his bomb plans off the internet (which needs to be censored by the way), who is pro constitution, a college student most likely.....

Watch and see......if not this event, it'll be the next one
edit on 20-8-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Update from Reuters...

(Reuters) - Six people were injured in an explosion and fire on Tuesday morning at a U.S. Navy ammunitions depot near the New Jersey shore, Navy officials said.

Fire trucks, ambulances and a medical emergency helicopter rushed to Naval Weapons Station Earle, about 45 miles from New York City. It was not immediately known if any of the injuries were serious.

The explosion occurred at a Marine boat repair shop. Six people were injured and taken to two local hospitals, according to Navy officials in Washington. It was unclear if the injured were service members or civilians.

"Explosion & fire in building on base NWS #Earle. Emergency personnel on scene. Injured taken 2 hospital," the Navy said on its official Twitter account.

No further information was immediately available, and a naval officer at the base declined to comment.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I sense a saboteur amongst our ranks..

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I truly hope it was an accident, but with the recent goings-on with employee sabotage (see USS Miami fire), I just don't care to take a blind guess at the moment.

USS Miami Arson

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Just a wild guess here..but I'm guessing a boat repair shop doesn't hit the top tier of strategic targets in North America.

Although I can think of a half dozen ways you could have a minor workplace accident in such a place. Happens every day, probably many times a day across the nation. It's bound to happen at military bases occasionally as well.

We just aren't generally living in a time of such radical paranoia and almost clinical levels of it, even a screw up in a repair shop gets international headlines in near real time.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The program to create an all encompassing paranoia in the US public has worked. If it's bad, terrorist, government please save us.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

The blast occurred inside the base's boathouse on Sandy Hook Bay in Middletown as workers were doing maintenance around 9 a.m., the Navy said.

No ammunition was involved in the explosion, the Navy said.

One worker was hospitalized with serious injuries. Seven others suffered minor injuries, mostly smoke inhalation.

Source

Sounds like a maintenance accident.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Aye, reading it was a maintenance accident as well. Very glad to hear it, and hope the injured parties recover swiftly.

Always good to take something like this slowly so people don't go off the deep end... thanks everyone for the input and keeping an eye on things with me!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

The blast occurred inside the base's boathouse on Sandy Hook Bay in Middletown as workers were doing maintenance around 9 a.m., the Navy said.

No ammunition was involved in the explosion, the Navy said.

One worker was hospitalized with serious injuries. Seven others suffered minor injuries, mostly smoke inhalation.

Source

Sounds like a maintenance accident.

Hehe Sandy Hook bay... what are the odds.
edit on 20-8-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Very glad to hear the nature and lack of deaths from it too, Op!

Please don't think my critical tone is for you. Oh heavens no.... It ran as a legit story, eh? It's fair game and important to share! It's the Government who insures we know about every tiny thing that happens..and the media who runs laps around the track like an Olympic event on each one of them who I feel that toward.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
reply to post by Dreine

Very glad to hear the nature and lack of deaths from it too, Op!

Please don't think my critical tone is for you. Oh heavens no.... It ran as a legit story, eh? It's fair game and important to share! It's the Government who insures we know about every tiny thing that happens..and the media who runs laps around the track like an Olympic event on each one of them who I feel that toward.

Wrabbit,

No worries, I in no way took your tone as a personal indictment! I've been on ATS for a bit and like you have seen... far too often... people go off the deep end faster than you can say "Lightsaber".

It our job to keep up with everything. Because the second we aren't watching it when the true menace will raise it's head.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It was the new guy in a red shirt asking "what's this button for?"

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Someone smoking by the gunpowder again....
I hope this is just that and not deemed a terrorist attack...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hmmm... I'm sure it just a normal accident, but only a few days ago, an Indian sub sank in harbour while loading weapons..

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It's the military. Accidents happen. I'd be surprised if anything 'terrorist' was part of this
but I guess time will tell.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I did like the comment on the reuters page.
Basically criticising the sensationalist headline.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
Update from Reuters...

(Reuters) - Six people were injured in an explosion and fire on Tuesday morning at a U.S. Navy ammunitions depot near the New Jersey shore, Navy officials said.

Fire trucks, ambulances and a medical emergency helicopter rushed to Naval Weapons Station Earle, about 45 miles from New York City. It was not immediately known if any of the injuries were serious.

The explosion occurred at a Marine boat repair shop. Six people were injured and taken to two local hospitals, according to Navy officials in Washington. It was unclear if the injured were service members or civilians.

"Explosion & fire in building on base NWS #Earle. Emergency personnel on scene. Injured taken 2 hospital," the Navy said on its official Twitter account.

No further information was immediately available, and a naval officer at the base declined to comment.

Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis

As predicted in his website, many mysterious explosions and fires due to the dangerous gases hydrogen sulfidde and methane. Here are a few other boat fires from just on Sunday from his site. The site is updated with daily unexplained fires and explosions and other mysterious phenomena possibly related to the dangerous levels of methane and hydrogen sulfide releasing into

2013-08-18 - Cargo ship 'Estancia' bursts into flame in the Gulf of Aden, crew abandons ship
Source

2013-08-18 - Boat bursts into flame on the Wando River (South Carolina), near the coast:
Source

2013-08-18 - Boat bursts into flame while parked at home on Grayson Street in Leitchfield (Kentucky):
Source

2013-08-18 - Jet ski explodes on Lake Winnipesaukee (New Hampshire), 2 injured:
Source

The site is updated with daily unexplained fires and explosions and other mysterious phenomena possibly related to the dangerous levels of methane and hydrogen sulfide releasing into the air. You'll find links to over 60 stories from just Sunday on mysterious fires and explosions of boats, RV's, cars, tractor trailers, vans, planes, barns, restaurants, plants and more. Also, numerous links to strange deaths of otherwise perfectly healthy people. Check it out.

Check out these other threads I authored earlier this year with much information on the theory about these gases and what earth-changing effects they may be having in regards to the heatwaves, heavy rain and flooding events, animal die-offs, loud booms, sinkholes, earthquakes, rise in diseases, etc.

Dangerous Gas may be the cause of super-charged weather, mass die-offs, quakes and more

Recent methane leaks, sinkholes may be evidence dangerous gas theory correct!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join