It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subtle voices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Probably not something I would ever tell friends or family as they might worry, but I hear voices
I see pictures too! Let me make this clear the voices I hear are never speaking directly to me.

I would describe it like this, imagine you are walking through a market or at a busy bar and making your way to the toilet you pass by many people all having random conversations. One guy is talking about his job, two lady's are talking about a friend called Kate, one man is having an argument with his wife, three men stand together laughing about something. None of them are aware of me and none of these people are communicating to me, its just random stuff. Along with these random voices I see pictures flicker passed which like the voices are of random things.

This only happens to me when I am very relaxed so mostly as I am just falling to sleep or in the morning as I am waking up. Most of the time its not that interesting but occasionally somebody is talking about something interesting and I try to lock onto their conversation, something which is actually very difficult to do because its like trying to chase a stick floating in a river as it moves away.

Anyway would be interesting to see if others experience this and is it the same for them.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Curious.
I'm going to stick around for a while and see how this develops

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I had once spent some time training myself to stay awake up to the threshold of sleep. this is the only time I have experienced what you describe, and is possibly the same because you say you must also be relaxed.

I do not think I was hearing disembodied conversations. seemed more like my mind disentangling itself from a long day.... data dump.

do you believe these voices/images are real in some way?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
You are tapping into what is the larger picture, or greater consciousness of this earth.

Remember we are all connected, to each other through the great consciousness of this world. Allow yourself to hear, and see.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

I believe everyone hears and sees this stuff but cant remember it because for them it happens when they are already asleep. When people are having REM sleep and you can see their eyes flickering back and forth under their eye lids I believe they are seeing these images flickering...just when they wake they cant remember.

I am able to bring on these images/voices just by closing my eyes and relaxing, they will start after 15-20 mins. I sometimes play a game by consciously naming the images as they flicker past however its not always easy because some scenes are complex and quickly finding a name to describe it is not easy.

Is this junk generated by my brain or is my brain acting like a radio receiver and picking this stuff up, that's something I'm not 100% sure about however a few instances has lead me to believe its real or at least some of it is real.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I find this interesting. I think you're tapping into higher counciousness too as someone above stated.
Are you calm and relaxed even if you are awake, im talking about your "normal state of mind".

Have you experienced sleep paralysis during / before or after this event?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Interesting.. Maybe TK? Who knows, could be your inner conscious trying to tell you something. You may be getting distracted when you try to specifically zone in to one voice. So next time just clear your mind and let them say what they're gonna say. Keep us posted.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

It might be related to that:

Prakamya:

By prakamya is meant the full prakasha of the senses and the manas, by which they surpass the ordinary limits of the body and become aware by sight, hearing, touch or, more usually and more easily, by mental sensation and awareness

1. Of objects, scenes & events at a distance or hidden from the normal operation of the mind & senses.
2. Of objects, scenes & events belonging to other planes of existence.
3. Of objects, etc. belonging to the past or future the images of which are contained in the object of our study.
4. Of the present states of mind, feeling, sensation, etc. of others or of their particular thoughts, feelings & sensations; or of such states or particular thoughts etc. which they have had in the past & of which the impression remains in the chitta record or which they will have in the future & of which the image is already prepared in the prescient parts of the chitta.

Vyapti:

To each form of prakamya there is a corresponding form of vyapti, ie reception or communication. By prakamya, for instance, we can have the perception of another’s feelings; by vyapti these feelings are felt striking on our own consciousness or ours are thrown into another. Prakamya is the sight of one looking from a distance & seeing an object; vyapti is the sensation of that object coming towards us or into contact with us. It is possible by vyapti to communicate anything we have in our systems, thought, feeling, power, etc., to another and if he is able to seize and hold it, he can make it his own & use it. This can be done either by a sort of physical throwing of the thing in us into the other or by a
will upon the Swabhava compelling it to effect the transfer. The teacher & the guru habitually use this power of vyapti which is far more effective than speech or writing but all men use or suffer it unconsciously. For every thought, feeling, sensation or other movement of consciousness in us creates a wave or current which carries it out into the world-consciousness around and there it enters into any adhara which is able and allowed to receive it. Half at least of our habitual thoughts and feelings are such unconscious borrowings.

Prakamya: a heightened power of mind and senses by which theconsciousness can exceed the limits normally imposed by the body and project itself into other persons and objects to know what is in them, one of the two siddhis of knowledge whose combination constitutes telepathy.

vyapti: the pervasion of all by a universal consciousness; a stream of conscious connection between beings arising from a fundamental unity; (also called receptive vyapti) the reception of thoughts, feelings, etc., entering into one’s mind from others, one of the two siddhis of knowledge whose combination constitutes telepathy; (also called effective or communicative vyapti) the transmission of thoughts or states of consciousness to others, an agent of vasita.

Receptive vyapti: the form of vyapti by which “the thoughts, feelings, etc. of others or any kind of knowledge of things outside yourself are felt coming to the mind from those things or persons”.

prakamya-vyapti: the combination of prakamya and vyapti, the two siddhis of knowledge, which constitutes telepathy.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
You lost some control over yourself and your mental or astral/immaterial senses. It's either directed at yourself fully and you can experience life or it's directed at someone else more spiritually evolved who directs it back to a shared immaterial existence including your own self seen through the eyes of another. Either way you need to control your projections as they shouldn't be able to move by others without willing it yourself, which is what scares most people hearing voices/seeing visions. The voices and imagery are from your own soul trying to make sense of it all as this isn't something taught in earth schools.
edit on 24/8/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Funny you say it only happens when you are relaxed. Most psychics and mediums need to be in a calm state of mind to do there work. We all have gifts, you just realised your potential. Most are too busy to pay attention to things like intuition and other latent abilities.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I've experienced a similar thing; however, to me they are not "subtle," but quite distinct. Once when I was younger, about 12, I had an episode of sleep paralysis. I used to get very nervous and a bit frightened when it would happen, and this time I heard my name shouted at me as clear as day which caused me to snap out of it somehow. That has never happened since, now I just wait out sleep paralysis.

Usually when I am very relaxed before I go to sleep, or very tired from staying up all night, for example, I will here voices similar to those you described. Say you're in a small social setting with light conversation and you plug your ears with your fingers, then you release your fingers just for a second allowing you to catch a snippet of conversation. That is what it sounds like to me.

I've never really given it much thought, I just found it interesting. I didn't know others had similar experiences.

top topics

join