It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KeyMe, store copies of your keys in the Cloud.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
www.keyme.net...

It seems pretty innocent on the surface, store copies of your keys in case you ever lose one or all of them, but with all of the revelations about the NSA and they themselves saying that the Cloud is not subject to the laws of any country, a darker picture is painted.

They want to know where you are, where you're going to be, what you'll be doing when you get there, and now they'll have copies of your keys so they can conveniently access your homes, vehicles, safety deposit boxes, etc when they know you won't be there.

I'm not saying that they will, but the option for them to do so is definitely there. Don't use this app.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by garbageface

Yeah.. I'd definitely suggest NOT using any App of that kind, whatsoever. Personal opinion, of course.

It's fair to say there are programs out there that have searchable databases of thousands of commercial programs and for each. a few to a dozen or more different keys/serial codes. Now ya might ask where they get SO many codes. I'll note as well, rumor would have it, most actually would work too.

Personally... I won't wonder too hard where they could possibly get 10's of thousands of working or once-working keys to index in a program like that. I'll just make one real good guess at method.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I completely agree with you. Privacy is a joke anymore. This would be like giving a car key or house key to all the neighbors on your street. Full access anytime to anything personal. Remember, just because they say won't use it, doesn't mean they won't.

S & F
edit on 17-8-2013 by gikari because: I wanted to

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000

Yeah.. I'd definitely suggest NOT using any App of that kind, whatsoever. Personal opinion, of course.

It's fair to say there are programs out there that have searchable databases of thousands of commercial programs and for each. a few to a dozen or more different keys/serial codes. Now ya might ask where they get SO many codes. I'll note as well, rumor would have it, most actually would work too.

Personally... I won't wonder too hard where they could possibly get 10's of thousands of working or once-working keys to index in a program like that. I'll just make one real good guess at method.

You're thinking of software keys, those programs use reverse engineering to create a new key that follows the same guidelines and tricks the software into thinking it's legitimate.

This app copies real keys. House keys, boat keys, car keys.. Stuff like that, not software keys.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I'm not so sure that the NSA would need a key to get into any place they choose. I understand the concept about not making it easier, but if you are on a list where they are looking for your keys. Well...

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi

I'm not so sure that the NSA would need a key to get into any place they choose. I understand the concept about not making it easier, but if you are on a list where they are looking for your keys. Well...

They are building a profile on everybody in the U.S. and people outside of it. That's the reason for the massive data centers. Don't add your keys to that profile, is all I'm saying. As of right now, you're probably in the clear unless you're planning some horrible mass killing, but there's no telling what could happen in the future, and that data is not going away, it's being stored by them forever.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I saw that app, All I can say is "I pity the Fool".

Really? store your house key in the cloud? Ya know what let the fools do what they do. I think I will store all my passwords to my bank accounts in the cloud......

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the NSA, or any smart thief, could pick your locks without you knowing what happened. I don't understand the utility of this service, however. Just call a locksmith.

new topics

top topics

join