It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater "Crop Circles"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The mystery of those underwater crop circles has been solved, for those that have even heard of them before ( I did, once, some time ago).
After years of speculation, it came down to one basic thing.. mating lol.
The center of the design is where the female laid her eggs, if she found the male suitable that is

link

They’ve been called the crop circles of the ocean floor—seven-foot diameter patterned circles that were first spotted in 1995 off the coast of southern Japan. But their origin was an enigma, and local divers termed them “mystery circles.” The mystery persisted until 2011 when the culprit, a male pufferfish just five inches long, was finally caught in the act. And recently scientists studied the process of how the species creates these elaborate designs in order to woo females. Finned Diggers The research team observed a total of 10 construction events carried out by somewhere between 4 and 8 males. (Pufferfish don’t have very memorable faces, apparently.) Males spent seven to nine days building their respective circles by repeatedly swimming in and out of the circle, using their fins to dig valleys in the sandy bottom.

Imagine, all that work, for a woman

edit on 17-8-2013 by Sharingan because: forgot link

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

lol, dang and it was only made yesterday.. cant believe i missed it

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
my wife just asked me to make her a carpet circle.

thank alot man.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

thats if ya got the woman, least been worth the effort... but if some other puffer moved in and swept her away,,,ahhhhh! still prob convert it into a castle or somethin....

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

Actually, search = it was posted a year ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join