It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calif. poitician pulls son from class over transgender law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I cant really blame him, this is exactly what I would do if I were a parent in California, especially the parent of young daughters, this law makes absolutely no sense.
In another thread that applauded this law, I stated that these idiots were willing to make a locker room full of young girls uncomfortable so that on confused kid wouldnt be uncomfortable.
Now read what this guy said when making a statement on the matter.

"While trying to address a concern of less than 2 percent of the population, California is now forcibly violating the rights of the other 98 percent,"

What if, for example, one of these "boys" that claims to be a girl is an 18 or 19 year old senior and hes skipping around naked in a locker room with 14-15 year old freshman girls, what if one of those freshman girls was your daughter?
How would you feel then?

Link

A Republican state lawmaker says a new California law allowing transgender students to choose which restroom and locker room they use is part of the reason at least one of his sons will not return to his local public school this fall. Assemblyman Tim Donnelly, who lives in the Southern California mountain community of Twin Peaks, described his family's decision in a column published on WND, a conservative website. He wrote that under the bill from Assemblyman Tom Ammiano, D-San Francisco, the privacy rights of California students "will be replaced by the right to be ogled" and will encourage inappropriate behavior among hormone-driven teenagers Read more: www.foxnews.com...

ed it on 17-8-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

What if, for example, one of these "boys" that claims to be a girl is an 18 or 19 year old senior and hes skipping around naked in a locker room with 14-15 year old freshman girls, what if one of those freshman girls was your daughter?

How would you feel then?

California is always at the forefront of controversial policy. That state truly is a shiny example of everything wrong with this country. I’ve lived there twice for a brief time and aside from the beaches and temperatures, I can’t stand the place! If my kids were in school there I’d pull them, relocate to another state and get them into a school that focused more on 'education' and 'learning' than 'feelings' and 'political correctness'.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Haha.. My sentiments exactly.
I actually do have a 15 year old daughter but luckily, the great state of Texas has not been infected with whatever ignorance virus that California has.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'd pull my kid, male or female if they were in a school that supported this decision. Teens are already self conscious of their bodies so why cater to the minority and support oogling? If I were a teen being exposed like this, I'd sue the school for emotional duress. On the flip side, teen pregnancy may go up.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
How would you feel then?

What about all of the lesbian teen girls and gay boys already in their locker rooms "ogling"

Are there 18 year old seniors of the same gender already "skipping" around the young girls freely naked?

the privacy rights of California students "will be replaced by the right to be ogled"

This is assuming that every trans student is the same sexual orientation if i'm not mistaken?

By the way, ogled is a stupid word.
edit on 17-8-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Stupid comparison, most girls already feel comfortable being naked around each other regardless if ones a lesbian or not.
That is no comparison to having a naked full grown male student in a locker room full of naked teenyboppers.
Anywhere else, outside that school, this would be a felony
The whole point is this and you can try but it cannot be disputed.
This is pandering to around 2% of the population even if it makes the other 98% uncomfortable.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

While I understand what you are getting at, I don't think the comparison works. Requires some pondering though I believe.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Requires some pondering though I believe.

No it doesnt, its no where near the same, its a ridiculous comparison.
Girls are at ease around each other, even when their naked.
My 15 year old daughter had friends over all the time for swim parties, they would all change into swimsuits in the same room together and when they finished swimming, they would all rinse off in the shower together, it was no big deal.
Hell, even grown men do the same thing, were you ever in the military? In boot camp, everyone showers together, what do you think would happen if they threw a female in there, that "thought' she was a male.. It would cause problems.
Its a freaking bad idea all the way around, stupid effing california morons.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
They are deliberately destroying morals in the country as a last desperate attempt to distract you from the growing, seething contempt a good size portion of the population is harboring for this government.

"transgender" high school kids picking what rest room and locker room they would like to use? I don't think so. This is an absolute travesty of "law making".

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

reply to post by seabag

I actually do have a 15 year old daughter but luckily, the great state of Texas has not been infected with whatever ignorance virus that California has.

I have a question, if the child is confused about their gender/sexuality, what makes you think they would actually be interested in your daughter/son?

I understand what you're saying about them having access to the locker rooms of the opposite sex, but you know yourself that kids are cruel and if they feel threatened by it, they will speak up and make a fuss, like they do.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I would immediately file a complaint with the EEOC on the basis of "hostile work environment."

1) Students are compelled to attend schools.
2) While at school, in order to attain the government-required standards," students are compelled to perform course WORK.

Being subjected to the nudity of opposite gender would fall under hostile work environment.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

California will try to sell anything to remain relevant.

They used to sell Cigar Indians,
now they are trying to sell transgender issues.

But who cares?

The movie industry is dead,
the Video Game industry has taken over.

If they really had any relevance there would be a hit game,
with transgender characters,
but since all the hit games are shooters ....

The center of Gravity in America is no longer on either coast,
it is in the heartland,
and controlled by people with desk top PC's.

Don't feed the trolls,
even the ones grandstanding in nice suits and political careers.

Mike

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

reply to post by seabag

I have a question, if the child is confused about their gender/sexuality, what makes you think they would actually be interested in your daughter/son?

I understand what you're saying about them having access to the locker rooms of the opposite sex, but you know yourself that kids are cruel and if they feel threatened by it, they will speak up and make a fuss, like they do.

Nobody cares if he/she/it is, or is not interested in somebody in that locker room, the problem is, somebody of an opposite sex,( whether he/she/it ? thinks they are of the same sex is irrelevant) running around naked in the locker/shower room in front of a lot of very very uncomfortable children .. I mean really is it so hard to see the problem with that ? Really ? ...

If they want to help out people like that make state founded gender changes available. Of course the kid will have to be in the wrong toilet/locker for a few years before he/she/it gets mature enough to have the operation, but after that, its fair game .. "Want to be a boy/girl, no problem, here is your state founded operation and treatment" .. The % of people, would be so low that money should not be an issue here..

And sorry if those few years in the wrong locker/toilet are so traumatizing for that person then so be it. 2 % out of 100% (lets even make it 5% out of 100 or 10% out of 100% ) is a big minority,and I would argue that the rest 98%, 95% or 90% has a right to not be traumatized by that person for years in the locker/toilet.

If somebody has a very rare condition (whatever it will be psychological, medical, social, biological, etc..) they have to know that sometimes it will cause them discomfort , that just how life works sadly. And no its not the 90% fault that that person is how he is so why punish them ?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

You wanna know what I find even more unbelievable than this stupid law actually being passed?
The ignorant brainwashed individuals that are so caught up in the PC scam that they are actually ok
with this.
You know, the Mexicans claim California anyway, I think we should just give it to them.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Oh contrare mine friend.

Kalifornia has been hemorrhaging predominately white, ultra-leftists for several decades. They fouled their nest in the golden state and now they seek to escape and spread their 'ethics' around. This infestation has indeed taken hold in Tejas and every other state. What do you think happened in Colorado?

You can categorize extreme leftists, aka communists, as a zombie plague. Hand out phones, money, rent-free houses and other benefits to unwed women popping out babies by the dozen and you too can witness your own personal version of "the walking dead".

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

reply to post by seabag

I guess the state of Texas, and you, would like the kids that are transgender to be simply put into separate schools, or beat up at the local school, or home schooled, just so they are not around your kids....don't want that "viral infection" spreading...right?....

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

reply to post by seabag

I guess the state of Texas, and you, would like the kids that are transgender to be simply put into separate schools, or beat up at the local school, or home schooled, just so they are not around your kids....don't want that "viral infection" spreading...right?....

Uh.. how about this genius? Give them their own areas to do their business and change cloths, its not that difficult to conceive.
This one case that made the news, the school even offered to allow the little 6 year old "transgendered" confused kid to use the staff restroom or designate a restroom for him alone..
Wasnt good enough, the parents sued and forced the school to let him peepee with little girls in the girls restroom.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Thill

You wanna know what I find even more unbelievable than this stupid law actually being passed?
The ignorant brainwashed individuals that are so caught up in the PC scam that they are actually ok
with this.
You know, the Mexicans claim California anyway, I think we should just give it to them.

yeah.... good thing Mexicans are not in Texas, or have ever claimed it to be their own land. you do know that people in California don't give a damn what you people in Texas think

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Ive encountered the ignorance of you before and this is my last reply to anything you have to say..

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

reply to post by seabag

Uh.. how about this genius? Give them their own areas to do their business and change cloths, its not that difficult to conceive.
This one case that made the news, the school even offered to allow the little 6 year old "transgendered" confused kid to use the staff restroom or designate a restroom for him alone..
Wasnt good enough, the parents sued and forced the school to let him peepee with little girls in the girls restroom.

oh, golly darn!!...you're so much more intelligent than anyone here in California....that idea never, ever, was thought of here in California. I guess we here, in ole' dumb California, have to ask you geniuses in Texas on how to do things.
edit on 18-8-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join