It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana police threaten to taser firefighter in the face for waving at them

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Wow a firefighter/youth pastor was riding his bicycle and waved at several officers as he rolled past them.

Next thing he knew they were pulling him over screaming why are you throwing your hand in the air at us

The officer jumped out and says, ‘What are you doing throwing your hands up at us?’” Madison recalled. “He is talking to me as he is coming toward me. I tried to explain, but I couldn’t get a word in edgewise

He was friends with the town police chief so he got on his cell phone to try and call him and the cop told him to put down the phone.

When he hesitated the cop pulled his taser out and had it inches from his face, saying don't make me pull the trigger.

Then they threw him on the ground and cuffed him... WTF??

It was literally maybe inches from my face,” the father of four said. “I immediately threw my hands in the air. What he asked me to do I was more than willing to do. I said ‘Please don’t hurt me.’ The next thing I know I’m laying down the ground and they cuffed me.”

Now we can't wave at the police, These cops are out of control

eta

The firefighter was black and the cops were all white but he said he doesn't think that had anything to do with the incident.

But I bet if a white guy waved at them from his bicycle they would see it as a wave..

Shouldn't matter because last time I checked you cant tase someone for flipping you the bird

link
edit on 16-8-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)
edit on 16-8-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2013 by goou111 because: spelling
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
jeez I live in Indiana.
Was just talking to someone here on ATS the other day about how the cops here suck and are a bunch of power hungry [snip]

This thread just proved my point.

S&F
edit on 16-8-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Minor abuse of power maybe??

These cops will be back out there today I am sure.....

I wish someone had the power to fire these [snip]I hope this guy presses major charges!!!
edit on 16-8-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

These cops are out of control

If you think this is out of control then you know nothing about the Evansville PD. This is pretty tame compared to what they usually do to people.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

These cops are out of control

If you think this is out of control then you know nothing about the Evansville PD. This is pretty tame compared to what they usually do to people.

Yeah I bet this is the tip of the iceberg

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

If they had tased him they probably would've sprinkled some crack on him afterwards.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
So even if the firefighter did give the bird to the police, is that grounds for this, i don't think the two forces have ever been able to communicate??? Maybe he had a problem with this particular officer, who knows. Since when does freedom of speech or gestures give reason for take down and a taser? God help us all if they were ever able to read our minds.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
it doesn't matter what your profession is, if you're black, you need to treat white cops as if they are your master, always keep smiling, keep your voice low, and say yes sir and no sir, so you don't spook them...geez, when are black people going to learn this. white cops think that every black man is going to pull out a gun and shoot them. you have to treat them as if they are a spoiled 3 year old that has temper tantrums..... but with cops, they have live ammo and a badge.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
it doesn't matter what your profession is, if you're black, you need to treat white cops as if they are your master, always keep smiling, keep your voice low, and say yes sir and no sir, so you don't spook them...geez, when are black people going to learn this. white cops think that every black man is going to pull out a gun and shoot them. you have to treat them as if they are a spoiled 3 year old that has temper tantrums..... but with cops, they have live ammo and a badge.

Maybe it's like that for you in Stockton, Califas...
But here in (NW Indiana) there are MANY black cops.

I'm sure there is quite a bit in Evansville as well.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Stupid cops aren't aware of the law.

Federal Court: Flipping the Bird to the Cops is Protected Speech

A police officer can't pull you over and arrest you just because you gave him the finger, a federal appeals court declared Thursday.

In a 14-page opinion, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit ruled that the "ancient gesture of insult is not the basis for a reasonable suspicion of a traffic violation or impending criminal activity."

In fact, cops trying to hassle people who give them the bird can end up costing their department big bucks.

ACLU Helps Pittsburgh Man Get $50,000 After Flipping Off Cops;"Finger" Protected by First Amendment?

Getting a $50,000 payment after flipping the bird at a police officer?

That may sound out of hand, but if a tentative settlement approved by the Pittsburgh City Council stands, that is how much David Hackbart stands to gain after filing a free speech lawsuit against the city.

Hackbart says that he was attempting to parallel park in April 2006 when he used his middle finger "to express his frustration" at a driver who pulled behind him and blocked his entry into the space.

Upon hearing a voice instruct him not to "flip off" the driver, he "directed his middle finger at the person speaking," according to the lawsuit. That person turned out to be Sgt. Brian Elledge of the Pittsburgh Police Department.

Elledge ordered Hackbart to stop his vehicle and cited him for violating a state statute prohibiting the use of obscene language and gestures, the lawsuit alleges.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Pigs will be pigs....

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Law enforcement is the path of the pathless and ignorant.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by goou111

Minor abuse of power maybe??

These cops will be back out there today I am sure.....

I wish someone had the power to fire these A$$ holes!!! I hope this guy presses major charges!!!

There is NO SUCH THING as a GOOD COP...

were these jack boots taken out back by other officers and literally get whooped and fired?

probably not... the fact that JACKBOOTS do this and live to tell about??

these are the REAL TERRORISTS...

across AMERICA the COPS ARE THE BIGGEST TERRORIZERS OF PEOPLE, not al cia duh

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Just to let you guys know there has been a long standing rivalry in Evansville between the cops and fire fighters. Next week there will be an accident and one of the cops will meet up with the wrong end of the fire-hose. It's happened before.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Just to let you guys know there has been a long standing rivalry in Evansville between the cops and fire fighters. Next week there will be an accident and one of the cops will meet up with the wrong end of the fire-hose. It's happened before.

Wow... is there a play by play on that?.......lol

I dare say I cant think of anywhere that the FD wouldn't win a popularity contest against the PD.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by HanzHenry

Wow... is there a play by play on that?.......lol

I dare say I cant think of anywhere that the FD wouldn't win a popularity contest against the PD.

Well... ironically Yes; Guns & Hoses is a charity boxing match between local Evansville Police Officers and Firefighters.
BUT the police officer did not know it was firefighter George Madison he was throwing to the ground at the time. He was just another black guy riding his bike on the "southside". This incident happened on the southside of the city and is prodominantly black. The cop had no idea he was throwing George Madison to the ground until later.
The Guns and Hoses Charity event had absolutely nothing to do with what happened, i just mentioned it because of your comment.
Black guys on the southside get thrown to the ground and tased every day and it does not make the news.
This is a blessing because now this has literally gotten world wide attention and maybe something good will come from it. This black firefighter, George Madison has been a competitor in the Guns & Hoses event for several years in a row and a member of the Combat Challenge Team. Guns and Hoses is a charity boxing match to raise money for low income children.

ie: Guns & Hoses is a charity boxing match between local Evansville Police Officers and Firefighters. The city's Finest and Bravest square off in 15 exciting boxing matches. Each fight is 3 rounds. At the end of the night the team with the most victories takes home the traveling Guns & Hoses Championship Belt. Watch as these brave men and women, who risk their lives on the job every day, put it all on the line in the ring for charity.

media.courierpress.com...

www.evansvillemetro.net...

George Madison is currently assigned to Engine 14. Certifications include Firefighter I/II. George became active with the Combat Challenge team in 2008 and has a personal record of 1:38.14

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

God help us all if they were ever able to read our minds.

Nah...i suspect most of them would be too busy running in absolute terror if they could read our minds.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I dont think what that cop did was right at all. Im reading some of these comments and Im just laughing.

Yeah, you hate cops....UNTIL YOU NEED ONE.

Im not saying all cops are saints, espically that one, he is a douche. Not all are douches.
Just saying. I think we need the police, just not the ones that go off on a power trip. So if you all hate cops so much, next time someone robbs you dont call call one. Next time you get jumped dont even attempt.

See how long you last. Hate on that cop not all cops, there are some good ones.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerdurden1
I dont think what that cop did was right at all. Im reading some of these comments and Im just laughing.

Yeah, you hate cops....UNTIL YOU NEED ONE.

Im not saying all cops are saints, espically that one, he is a douche. Not all are douches.
Just saying. I think we need the police, just not the ones that go off on a power trip. So if you all hate cops so much, next time someone robbs you dont call call one. Next time you get jumped dont even attempt.

See how long you last. Hate on that cop not all cops, there are some good ones.

When am I going to need a cop? I've prolly fired more rounds in my first years of CCW than they fired in their life time, for physical strength I'm in the top %, while my BMI is high (24.8) my body composition is under 10% and I train 5 days a week. What is will I need a cop for beyond giving me static for being sovereign citizen?

Wake up, cops are only eyewash for the sake of a sense of security and making $ for their employer.

Derek

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
How long are you going to put up with the abuse of authority? I thought you tax money went to fund them. I know when. When they tazer your 97 year old grandmother for not remembering her age. Maybe if Fido is doing his business barking at them while in hot pursuit of a criminal (A paper boy who threw his paper a little too hard and broke a window) and get shot while in it's own yard. Maybe it might be when you have a domestic squabble and they manhandle your wife and tackle her to the ground while complying. I sure miss Fido.

Seriously, hold your local government leaders responsible. Voice your opinion at the local town hall meeting. If there is not enough of a turn out, put out flyers in bulk mail with some cases what are an abuse. Scream loud and often. Do not go gently into that good night.

Maybe if we started at home, we might have a chance of checking the federal government next.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join